Speedometer - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep CJ Forum > Speedometer

FS: Jeep Fog Light LED Bulbs! Several Brightness Options! ECGS Black Friday Sale!!Thanksgiving/Black Friday/Cyber Monday Deals at JeepinOutf

Unread 07-25-2013, 02:14 PM   #1
Ericscj

Speedometer

My fuel and temp gauge do not work. Just wondering if there's a rebuild kit or something to fix them with out buying a new speedometer. If so where can you find them? Thanks

Ericscj is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-25-2013, 07:58 PM   #2
rickscj7boom
1984 CJ7 

Welcome to the sickness, I bought the whole speedo from quadratec to avoid wiring...im guessing you can also buy the fuel and temp gauge separate ... Good luck and there is a bunch of info on here , just use the search option..
rickscj7boom is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-25-2013, 08:09 PM   #3
requiembell
1983 CJ5 

Try this:
http://classychassisrestoration.com

You won't be disappointed.
[FONT="Microsoft Sans Serif"][COLOR="Red"]"I am an archer, the arrows I sling weigh over one hundred lbs, can range 5 miles and hit a spot the size of a fist. They will penetrate any known armor on this planet. AH-64D Longbow ... [B]I retired from it but not it from me[/B]."
[/FONT][/COLOR]
[COLOR="DeepSkyBlue"][FONT="Microsoft Sans Serif"]God Bless our troops and God help our enemies.[/COLOR][/FONT]
requiembell is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-25-2013, 11:11 PM   #4
Trapshooter
1986 CJ7 

You can buy the gauges separate at 4wd.com or Morris 4x4. They do need to be replaced as a set.

John Strenk, one of the moderators, has some great write ups on troubleshooting your gauges.

Start here: http://home.roadrunner.com/~john.str...for_cj_gau.htm
'86 CJ7, 258, Carter BBD, Nutter'ed, TeamRush'ed, T-18, Twin Sticked Dana 300, D30 Frt-Pwr Lok L/S-4.10, AMC 20 Rear-Mosers-Detroit Locker-4.10, 2.5 BDS Lift, 1" Body Lift, 33" Wild Country M/Ts, Black Spoke wheels

'45 CJ2A, L134 Go Devil, T-90 Tranny, Warn O/D, T-18 T-Case, Dana 25 Frt, Dana 41 Rear, 531st CJ made

My 401 build: [url]http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f8/trapshooters-401-build-1338277/[/url]

Last edited by Trapshooter; 07-25-2013 at 11:13 PM.. Reason: Link to John's site
Trapshooter is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-26-2013, 07:20 PM   #5
Ericscj

Ok thanks
Ericscj is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.