SpeedHut Jeep Gauge!! - Might be Interested in Making Them! - Page 4 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep CJ Forum > SpeedHut Jeep Gauge!! - Might be Interested in Making Them!

Huge Soft top SaleSYE Kits from CCOR! 706-207-4140SALE PRICING, Specials, Huge Savings Alloy USA and Posi-Lo

Unread 05-14-2013, 02:17 PM   #46
Pathkiller
1974 CJ5 

From looking at their other products it would be a minimum of $400 I'm guessing.

But when you think about it, I dropped $90 on a crappy foreign made Omix replacement speedometer that doesn't read accurately and the needle bounces all over. I spent another $75 each (times 4) on Autometer replacement oil pressure, water temp, fuel level and volt gauges, and my fuel level gauge still doesn't read accurately due to the crappy quality of replacement sending units. That's right up there in the ballpark of what you could spend for a single high quality gauge that will outlast the rest of the Jeep and be accurate, reliable and modern while keeping the original look.

Unread 05-14-2013, 02:20 PM   #47
SLO_Ken
1986 CJ7 

Quote:
Originally Posted by PROJECT 23 View Post
That price would put many of us out of the running for these gauges
I hope you're wrong regarding the guess.....
Here's a link to Speedhut's website. You can browse their existing catalog of gauges and pricing, and infer from that what a custom gauge cluster like ours might sell for...

http://www.speedhut.com/
SLO_Ken is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-15-2013, 07:14 AM   #48
Hefavitzen
1981 CJ8 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pathkiller View Post
From looking at their other products it would be a minimum of $400 I'm guessing.

But when you think about it, I dropped $90 on a crappy foreign made Omix replacement speedometer that doesn't read accurately and the needle bounces all over. I spent another $75 each (times 4) on Autometer replacement oil pressure, water temp, fuel level and volt gauges, and my fuel level gauge still doesn't read accurately due to the crappy quality of replacement sending units. That's right up there in the ballpark of what you could spend for a single high quality gauge that will outlast the rest of the Jeep and be accurate, reliable and modern while keeping the original look.
In addition to all of that, they provide a lifetime warranty (as long as YOU own the gauge). I don't think you get that elsewhere do you?

(nope, i do not work for them, just excited about the product.)
Hefavitzen is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-19-2013, 10:05 AM   #49
silentmike29
1986 CJ10 

Quote:
Originally Posted by PROJECT 23

That price would put many of us out of the running for these gauges
I hope you're wrong regarding the guess.....
Agreed. I think I'm in for <$150. $200 is probably my max if it came down to it.
Unread 06-18-2013, 08:37 PM   #50
titanjeep

1981 CJ5 

Any updates on if/when these are coming to market?

2003 KJ : 2002 to Present - Family Hauler
1981 CJ5: 2005 to Present - Build Thread
titanjeep is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-18-2013, 09:39 PM   #51
sanctified
2013 JK Wrangler 

I was thinking about this today as well. I took apart my fuel gauge the other day and its toast and my speedo cable broke last weekend. I'd spend some money on this right now if it was an option. I'd rather have new hardware than new Omix or Crown parts that will break in another month. Come on Speed Hut.

EDIT: Just found this update on CJ8 from a few days ago. Looks like prelim pricing is set: base $425, mid $500 (+tach), top $550 (+inclinometer).

Its going to be expensive but I think it may just be worth it for me. Probably don't need the tach and would just stick with the basic unit.
Utah Jeep Crew #178
sanctified is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-18-2013, 10:23 PM   #52
titanjeep

1981 CJ5 

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanctified
I was thinking about this today as well. I took apart my fuel gauge the other day and its toast and my speedo cable broke last weekend. I'd spend some money on this right now if it was an option. I'd rather have new hardware than new Omix or Crown parts that will break in another month. Come on Speed Hut.

EDIT: Just found this update on CJ8 from a few days ago. Looks like prelim pricing is set: base $425, mid $500 (+tach), top $550 (+inclinometer).

Its going to be expensive but I think it may just be worth it for me. Probably don't need the tach and would just stick with the basic unit.
Sweet. It is expensive, but not as bad as I thought it would be. Looking forward to seeing them.

2003 KJ : 2002 to Present - Family Hauler
1981 CJ5: 2005 to Present - Build Thread
titanjeep is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-06-2013, 10:40 AM   #53
Hefavitzen
1981 CJ8 

Hey folks, we have an update!!!!

They have been hard at work and hope to have the gauges out soon.

Here is a link to the page on the SpeedHut web site. http://www.speedhut.com/jeep_cluster.html
Unread 11-06-2013, 12:27 PM   #54
John Strenk

1976 CJ5 

Wow, a 270* sweep volt meter...

Hey, thanks for the update

What does it look like at night?
John Strenk is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-06-2013, 01:16 PM   #55
Hefavitzen
1981 CJ8 

What does it look like at night.

Well, Speedhut specializes in customizing your gauge, so it can look just like it does in the daytime, but the letters, numbers and hash marks are brightly lit using LED's behind the face.

But, if you customize the gauge, you can do some pretty crazy stuff.

Gray Face - day / night

White Face - day / night
Unread 11-06-2013, 07:40 PM   #56
TRUVOL
1985 CJ7 

Im in on this.
TRUVOL is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-06-2013, 07:53 PM   #57
spottedfrog
1979 CJ5 

Were are we at on pricing on these, for the "basic" speedo, and a full compliment of accessory gauges?

One other thing to think about on a CJ5 is that by eliminating the speedo gear you can run a shorter tail shaft housing/longer rear drive shaft, on a D300 I think Advance Adapters has the kit for that.
spottedfrog is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-06-2013, 08:32 PM   #58
dahreno

I wish I knew about this before I cut a bunch of holes ! I don't know if they make , or will make something that would fit my 61 Willys wagon .Not a whole lot of them out there so , it would probably not be a good idea . I would only want fuel , m.p.h. , high/low beams, odometer
dahreno is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-07-2013, 08:58 AM   #59
ScroungerLee
1986 CJ7 

Same questions here. Is the pricing finalized, and will there be an option to delete the tachometer?
ScroungerLee is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-07-2013, 02:41 PM   #60
TRUVOL
1985 CJ7 

Wonder what i'm gonna do with rpm gauge hole in my dash if the speedo already has it in there.
TRUVOL is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Tags
gauges , speedometer , tachometer

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.