sorce for the distributer to ecu wire? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep CJ Forum > sorce for the distributer to ecu wire?

Labor Day Sale!FS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye KitEngo winches available at www.rockridge4wd.com! Free shipp

Unread 07-22-2013, 03:58 AM   #1
raser13
1980 CJ5 

sorce for the distributer to ecu wire?

hey guys, i'e got a 77 cj5 with a 304. and boy do i need your help. what i need is to know if there is a place that i can get a replacement cable that goes between the distributer and the ecu? mine got burned up beyond recognition. or would someone know the pin outs for it. what wire in what clip went to where on the other clip. that way i can make my own up. i'm not afraid to make up my own wiring harnesses. i did it for a living in the army. but to make one i have to know what went to what. any help would be great. if parts stores carry it what do they call it? the parts store guys here didn't know what the heck i was talking about.

raser13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-22-2013, 04:17 AM   #2
John Strenk

1976 CJ5 

Stock Prostolight Distributor?
John Strenk is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-22-2013, 04:23 AM   #3
raser13
1980 CJ5 

stock distributer as far as i can tell. it's the one that came with the motor and it doesn't look aftermarket.
Unread 07-22-2013, 04:34 AM   #4
John Strenk

1976 CJ5 

Well the wire you can get any ware. It's the connections that will be hard to find.

Got some pictures of the connections so I can see what yours look like? IF it's the same as on the I6 I'll know what to look for.

How did it burn up? Short?
Unread 07-22-2013, 05:04 AM   #5
raser13
1980 CJ5 

fuel leak is how it burned, and the connectors have gone the way of the wicked witch of the west. what's left is globs on top of the engine. and a few of the wires are burned through so i don't know which is which. so i can't be a lot of help in that reguard. i can get p/n's off of the control box and the distributer tomorrow. if that will help. and yeah i knew the actual wire would be easy to locate. i'm not drastically worried a bout the clips. i can find something to make up connectors with if i can get a diagram of which wire went were. i was hoping that some one made a direct plug and play replacement that i could buy and put in.
Unread 07-22-2013, 09:44 AM   #6
John Strenk

1976 CJ5 

You might try Painless but not sure.

You want a schematic for the whole jeep or just the ignition?
Unread 07-22-2013, 03:19 PM   #7
hp_lovecraft
1981 CJ5 

I had a problem with my wiring. Basically, someone jerry-rigged a Prestolite INTO my 1981 CJ5, and it never worked right. I tried cutting and resplicing, but that seemed to make things worse.
The connector is a standard automotive connector, like this:

Instead, I pulled it all and stuck in an HEI. A cheap one that failed... and was replaced. But nothing in life is easy.
hp_lovecraft is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.