Well, I have been working on this for a while, but I figured as much as other build posts have inspired me, I thought I would sit and try post a little about what I have done:
When I purchased it, I was told that all I needed to do was replace the fuel to get it running. The PO showed me a few bubbles in the paint and said that there wasn't too many bad spots.
This was kind of true, I got the thing to fire after replacing the starter and solenoid. The problem was that all the gas in the tank and the lines had varnished up!!!
The tank was horrible, so I dropped it and decided to buy a new one...
While I waited for it to ship, I got bored and started investigating in the bubbled paint...
Besides all the rust under the paint, I found that it had probably been in a crash, and there was almost a 1/4 inch of bondo in some parts.
along with the body rust, the floorpan was a lot worse than I thought. I didn't look into the tool box when I purchased it, and their was a huge rust hole. I replaced the middle riser and both bottom side panels with pieces from classic enterprise and I made my own floor with 16 gauge sheet metal and made the ribs out of 1x3 steel tube.
I took the body off and cleaned up the frame a bit.
And I have been working on the body since... although, over the summer I didn't get too much time, too much overtime at work!!!
I was so fed up with the rust that I just decided to comp the rear end...
Well, this is where I'm at, hopefully this will motivate others, and myself to keep up the work!!!