Some random blinker problems... - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep CJ Forum > Some random blinker problems...

Rampage Bowless Soft Top Oconee offroadAlloy USA Still AvailableAdvance Adapters SYE Kits

Unread 05-18-2010, 10:23 PM   #1
CJ8Hokie
1983 CJ8 

Some random blinker problems...

1983 CJ-8 with a Painless Harness and LED tail lights

With the headlights OFF my all my blinkers work just fine, although the front passenger blinker is quite a bit dimmer the front driver blinker.

With the headlights ON the right blinkers only blink every few seconds.

When using the hazards all the lights (except the front passenger blinker under the headlight) blink at the appropriate rate.

I'm not sure how long it has been like this, perhaps since when I put the Painless harness in a few years ago. When I installed the painless kit it appears that I used the prior harness's flasher to compensate for the LED tail lights. I checked what grounds I could, and everything seems to be OK. The headlights are all the right brightness, etc.

Any thoughts? Thanks in advance!

Unread 05-18-2010, 10:26 PM   #2
Trapshooter
1986 CJ7 

Check your grounds once more. When one light is brighter than the light on the opposite side; you have a faulty ground nine times out of ten.
'86 CJ7, 258, Carter BBD, Nutter'ed, TeamRush'ed, T-18, Twin Sticked Dana 300, D30 Frt-Pwr Lok L/S-4.10, AMC 20 Rear-Mosers-Detroit Locker-4.10, 2.5 BDS Lift, 1" Body Lift, 33" Wild Country M/Ts, Black Spoke wheels

'45 CJ2A, L134 Go Devil, T-90 Tranny, Warn O/D, T-18 T-Case, Dana 25 Frt, Dana 41 Rear, 531st CJ made

My 401 build: [url]http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f8/trapshooters-401-build-1338277/[/url]
Trapshooter is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-18-2010, 10:31 PM   #3
CJ8Hokie
1983 CJ8 

OK, I'll check that out tomorrow. The blinker body acts as the ground, and it seems to be making good contact with the grill, but I'll see if I can't get it even better.

Come to think of it: I did take the blinker out completely, and even when grounding it perfectly to a bolt on the bumper it still didn't blink correctly, although it did shine brighter as a running light.
Unread 05-19-2010, 04:49 AM   #4
hybridcj

check your turn signal switch.
hybridcj is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-19-2010, 04:56 AM   #5
GP_Pete
1986 CJ7 

Low blinker fluid.

CJ8Hokie - 'Hokie' as in VT?? Glad to see the Hokie Nation is strong on JF! (class of '98)
GP_Pete is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-19-2010, 07:09 AM   #6
CJ8Hokie
1983 CJ8 

HybridCJ - The switch has been giving me some trouble, most notably it no longer auto-cancels on left turns.

Pete - I flushed the fluid recently, but maybe I'll switch to synthetic. That's right on being a Hokie! I was class of 2003. I was supposed to be 2002... but I stuck around for the victory lap..

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.