Sold my CJ7, bought a JK.... I like it here better - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep CJ Forum > Sold my CJ7, bought a JK.... I like it here better

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineNEW JK WRANGLER GRAB BARS NOW at ROCKRIDGE4WDROCKRIDGE4WD Introduces a NEW Jeep Wrangler JK *led* tail

Unread 03-01-2015, 07:32 AM   #1
danheit
1979 CJ7 

Sold my CJ7, bought a JK.... I like it here better

Well, I sold my CJ7 about a year ago...the longest I've ever been without a Jeep. Bought the wife a 4dr JK (I know, I'm a sellout) the other day. Went on the JK forum.....I like you guys better. I think I'll stick it out here

Build Thread: 1979 CJ7 Blue Jeep
danheit is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-01-2015, 08:17 AM   #2
WindKnot
Web Wheeler

1977 CJ7 

Well, I for one thank you for the complement. I think it may be because many of us here are too far down life's road to take ourselves seriously, know what we want and aren't caught up too much in worrying about what our neighbors have that we don't.

Have fun with your JK!

Phoenix Rising- A Flame Off Restoration? http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f8/ph...ation-1807257/
WindKnot is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-01-2015, 08:24 AM   #3
Matt1981CJ7
Web Wheeler

1981 CJ7 

Sorry, only the cool kids with CJs can hang out here.

Beat it, JK punk.

Kidding, of course. Thanks for hanging with us.

Matt
Matt1981CJ7 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-01-2015, 10:24 AM   #4
Renegade82
Web Wheeler

1982 CJ7 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt1981CJ7 View Post
Sorry, only the cool kids with CJs can hang out here.

Beat it, JK punk.

(just joking as well, but that's funny)
Renegade82 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-01-2015, 10:28 AM   #5
frankthomson
1986 CJ7 

i thought JK meant 'joke'

Unread 03-01-2015, 10:44 AM   #6
Manhattan
1981 CJ8 

I wish this forum and an "Other Brands" forum. The knowledge here + the attitude is just awesome. I tried last year to get some help on an Acura MDX forum. I wanted to disable the seatbelt chime for those quick in-the-neighbor runs to the pool in my wife's MDX. I even mentioned the .35 miles to the pool and the .18 mile drive to the school - IN THE NEIGHBORHOOD.

Holy *$&#! you'd think I asked them "Hey, if I want to mount a baby seat on the front bumper, should I use duct tape or velcro?" They ranted about bad parenting, being stupid... it was crazy.

It seems to be brand, or even model-specific (Jeep vs. Acura, CJ vs. JK)... the guys on the Land Cruiser forum - 1970s up through the new ones - are very cool. Every time I join a forum, I feel like I'm walking into a dive bar as everyone looks at the door... then smiles, or throws a punch.
Unread 03-01-2015, 11:29 AM   #7
Mike Romain
1986 CJ7 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manhattan View Post
I wish this forum and an "Other Brands" forum. The knowledge here + the attitude is just awesome. I tried last year to get some help on an Acura MDX forum. I wanted to disable the seatbelt chime for those quick in-the-neighbor runs to the pool in my wife's MDX. I even mentioned the .35 miles to the pool and the .18 mile drive to the school - IN THE NEIGHBORHOOD.

Holy *$&#! you'd think I asked them "Hey, if I want to mount a baby seat on the front bumper, should I use duct tape or velcro?" They ranted about bad parenting, being stupid... it was crazy.

It seems to be brand, or even model-specific (Jeep vs. Acura, CJ vs. JK)... the guys on the Land Cruiser forum - 1970s up through the new ones - are very cool. Every time I join a forum, I feel like I'm walking into a dive bar as everyone looks at the door... then smiles, or throws a punch.
Ok, you asked for it. ;-). I forgot to wear my seatbelt in my driveway a couple years back just going out to the end to visit my neighbours and my gas pedal caught on the floor mat on a corner, the CJ snapped sideways and stopped against a bank tossing me out through the steel passenger door snapping my neck in 2 places.

6 months in a halo frame and hard collar. I Sure won't forget to wear my seatbelt again....
Some Canadian Bush Jeep Runs and Build Photos: http://mikeromainjeeptrips.shutterfly.com (10 new albums added Sept 16/10)
Mike Romain is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-01-2015, 11:34 AM   #8
TIPPEDITOVER
In the garage

1978 CJ5 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Romain View Post
Ok, you asked for it. ;-). I forgot to wear my seatbelt in my driveway a couple years back just going out to the end to visit my neighbours and my gas pedal caught on the floor mat on a corner, the CJ snapped sideways and stopped against a bank tossing me out through the steel passenger door snapping my neck in 2 places.

6 months in a halo frame and hard collar. I Sure won't forget to wear my seatbelt again....
He was talking about disabling a seat belt chime, which I agree the chime is annoying and unnecessary. No where did he say he wasn't going to wear his seat belt.

Mike, if you didn't have bad luck, you wouldn't have any. Sorry that happened to you, the floor mat/gas peddle incident.

Anyhow, welcome OP! As you already know, this place is where it's at
TIPPEDITOVER is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-01-2015, 01:04 PM   #9
Mike Romain
1986 CJ7 

Quote:
Originally Posted by TIPPEDITOVER View Post

He was talking about disabling a seat belt chime, which I agree the chime is annoying and unnecessary. No where did he say he wasn't going to wear his seat belt.

Mike, if you didn't have bad luck, you wouldn't have any. Sorry that happened to you, the floor mat/gas peddle incident.

Anyhow, welcome OP! As you already know, this place is where it's at
True, my chime is long gone, but maybe it would have reminded me. I didn't intentionally not wear the belt, I was in and out of it all day stationary building a log bridge with my winch and just hopped back in. That seat belt buzzer would have been annoying though so I see the point.
Some Canadian Bush Jeep Runs and Build Photos: http://mikeromainjeeptrips.shutterfly.com (10 new albums added Sept 16/10)
Unread 03-01-2015, 01:25 PM   #10
WindKnot
Web Wheeler

1977 CJ7 

I do believe this is the time we send danheit out to get us some beer...

Phoenix Rising- A Flame Off Restoration? http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f8/ph...ation-1807257/
WindKnot is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-01-2015, 03:13 PM   #11
mb_24
1985 CJ7 

I don't know. Isn't there that old saying about not wanting to be a member of a club that would have me?

Be careful about wanting the inclusion.

That being said, I surf a boating website where guys are just waiting to frag others who ask "dumb" questions.

Glad to see the guys here are more than willing to help relative CJ newbies like myself without calling us out.

1985 CJ-7 Renegade, Sebring Red, 258 + 5-speed
mb_24 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-02-2015, 09:49 AM   #12
Manhattan
1981 CJ8 

Usually it's the smaller sites that are able to keep the flaming to a minimum. This site has done both - grown to decent size and kept the flaming down. The moderators and the users get credit for this.

And yeah Mike... you're right. I really should rethink my no seatbelt in the 'hood policy. I hate stories like yours... all pragmatic, realistic... ;-)
Unread 03-02-2015, 10:04 AM   #13
Matt1981CJ7
Web Wheeler

1981 CJ7 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manhattan View Post
And yeah Mike... you're right. I really should rethink my no seatbelt in the 'hood policy. I hate stories like yours... all pragmatic, realistic... ;-)
Insurance statistics show that 23% of car accidents happen less than a mile from home. Only 1% happen 50 miles or more from home.

Years ago, as a young dumb fearless kid, I rolled a vehicle while being stupid in our neighborhood, without my seatbelt on. By the grace of God, I ended up wedged between the 2 front seats, and walked away with only scratches. Cops, insurance agents, family, and friends all said I was lucky to survive. My seatbelt goes on before I start the engine, now.

Matt
Matt1981CJ7 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-02-2015, 10:42 AM   #14
Mike Romain
1986 CJ7 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt1981CJ7 View Post

Insurance statistics show that 23% of car accidents happen less than a mile from home. Only 1% happen 50 miles or more from home.

Years ago, as a young dumb fearless kid, I rolled a vehicle while being stupid in our neighborhood, without my seatbelt on. By the grace of God, I ended up wedged between the 2 front seats, and walked away with only scratches. Cops, insurance agents, family, and friends all said I was lucky to survive. My seat goes on before I start the engine, now.

Matt
I am part of those stats. Have done tons of crazy off road running when I was younger and invincible, and the two accidents that messed me up were in my driveway and turning into my driveway. I was a passenger in a passenger side T-bone hit in 2003 turning into my driveway when some fool in a hurry tried to pass us on the inside as we were making the turn. That has me now on the permanently disabled list from nerve damage in my neck, then flat out breaking my neck in my driveway from not wearing a seatbelt. Doctors called it "the hangman break" and told me I was one wrong move from being a quadriplegic and 2 moves from dead. I got up off the ground and got back into the CJ where my phone was to call for help even. Funny part is, the broken neck healed up clean, it's the freaking whiplash damage that has done me in.
Unread 03-02-2015, 10:52 AM   #15
JeepdaddyRC
1983 CJ5 

I've only been a member a few months. Have always gotten good humor, plus timley and helpful replies. Learned a lot. I consider this forum the best tool in my toolbox.
JeepdaddyRC is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.