Which Softtop Fabric? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep CJ Forum > Which Softtop Fabric?

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineThe ULTIMATE "Selectable" Locker System! BroughFS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye Kit

Unread 10-01-2007, 10:19 AM   #1
VaCJ79

1979 CJ7 

Which Softtop Fabric?

I've finally had it with my hardtop not fitting correctly and scatching off the paint. So I am going to get a Bestop Supertop. This probably a stupid question but I'd like to know before I order my new Bestop(Never owned a softtop). Is there any difference in the material used in the black vs Black denim? Will one age better than the other?? Anything else I should consider before I order the top???
Thanks

1979 CJ7 258 I6 T150

Here is my jeep http://s230.photobucket.com/albums/e...ent=cj7pic.jpg

VaCJ79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-01-2007, 01:33 PM   #2
DT5150
1983 CJ7 

i was wondering the very same thing but i ended up just buying one. i got the black denim. so far, i like it a lot. it's black, but it's not a deep, dark, glossy black. kind of a flat black, which i actually like better than a shiny gloss. i got the 2 piece doors too. the paint on my cj is a bit rough, scratches, fading etc so a flat black colored top looked better on mine. rough paint with a shiny new top would look kinda funny. 4wd hardware had em on sale with free shipping. $702 (i think) delivered. quadratec had em for the same price, but with $45 shipping.
DT5150 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-01-2007, 02:38 PM   #3
SuB8HaVeN
1986 CJ7 

Just a side note, with the Supertop you will want to keep your full hard doors to use with it.

I prefer the "regular" black which is sort of a shiny vinyl, but nothing extremely shiny. I have the normal black Tigertop on mine and coat it in lemon Pledge to make it look shiny. It just goes good with my silver body IMO. I don't think one would weather more than the other.
Unread 10-01-2007, 07:15 PM   #4
VaCJ79

1979 CJ7 

Thanks for you input guys. I was going to order from 4wd for the discount and free shipping. I am just trying to figure out which color type to get. The paint on my jeep isnt new but not faded. I was thinking of going with the black vinyl. I would like to hear some more opions before I order later this week.

Here is my jeep http://s230.photobucket.com/albums/e...ent=cj7pic.jpg

thanks
VaCJ79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-01-2007, 08:55 PM   #5
Uncle Russ
1984 CJ7 

If you're going for a "stock" look, the CJs came with the black vinyl tops. If you like the look of the newer Wranglers, then go with the black denim. You can also match the top fabric to the fabric your seats are made of.

For me, I went with the black vinyl. I like the way it looks and I think it's easier to keep clean than the black denim. YMMV.

You may also want to invest in the tinted side and rear windows for the supertop. I got them and they did keep the interior cooler last summer when I was in Mississippi and it kept raining.

Given your yellow Jeep, I think the black vinyl would look real good. Here's a shot of my blue Jeep (and my boys) so you can see what the vinyl top/tinted windows look like:
-- Robert Earl Keen

Military Jeepers Click Here!
Uncle Russ is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.