soft top windows - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep CJ Forum > soft top windows

Rough Country Deals at JeepHut.comSave at JeepHut on Smittybilt Soft topsUp to $75 Cash Back on Your ARB Fridge Freezer Purchase

Unread 10-19-2003, 08:01 PM   #1
wm69

soft top windows

I just got a new supertop for my CJ, and am wondering if there anything that I can put on the windows to lessen the scratching/ fogging. I know they make stuff that helps remove light scratches, but since the top is new, I'd rather try and keep the scratches to a minimum from the get-go. Had a factory soft top years ago, but the windows on it were gone when I got it, so haven't ever had to approach this issue before now. Thanks in advance for any help.

85 CJ7 258, A/C, T176, MC2100, Team Rush, Warn XD8000i, superwinch hubs, 3in lift 31" BFG AT/KO
wm69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-22-2003, 08:26 PM   #2
awachwhiteboy
1975 CJ5 

I doubt there is anything out there that will actually phyically protect the windows from scratches. You might try looking up Rain-X website they make stuff for glass that makes rain just run off the windshield at speed. But that would only protect very very light pressure. I bought a clear plactic material for my truck that goes over the headlights/turnsignals. You may be able to find some clear plactic like I had but thinner. This may reduce visibility and in most statse is probably safe to say illegal. It may help though, I think I would personally always be sure to not let them hit or rub on anything.
Sacramento Jeepers Group #1
awachwhiteboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-23-2003, 06:40 AM   #3
wm69

I thought I read somewhere that you can apply car wax or maybe somebody makes something similiar to car wax that you can put on the windows that makes them a little harder to scratch. I've had a soft top before and the windows are the bad part of having a soft top. My old one got scratched up so bad i quit using it cause I couldn't see. At least the supertop has replaceable windows, but they aren't cheap.... Thanks for replying!

85 CJ7 258, A/C, T176, MC2100, Team Rush, Warn XD8000i, superwinch hubs, 3in lift 31" BFG AT/KO
wm69 is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.