soft top windows - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep CJ Forum > soft top windows

ROCKRIDGE4WD Introduces a NEW Jeep Wrangler JK *led* tail XHD Heavy-Duty Hood Latches for JK and TJ available at OcoBestop underseat lock boxes @ oconee off road 706 534 9955

Unread 10-19-2003, 08:01 PM   #1
wm69

soft top windows

I just got a new supertop for my CJ, and am wondering if there anything that I can put on the windows to lessen the scratching/ fogging. I know they make stuff that helps remove light scratches, but since the top is new, I'd rather try and keep the scratches to a minimum from the get-go. Had a factory soft top years ago, but the windows on it were gone when I got it, so haven't ever had to approach this issue before now. Thanks in advance for any help.

85 CJ7 258, A/C, T176, MC2100, Team Rush, Warn XD8000i, superwinch hubs, 3in lift 31" BFG AT/KO
wm69 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-22-2003, 08:26 PM   #2
awachwhiteboy
1975 CJ5 

I doubt there is anything out there that will actually phyically protect the windows from scratches. You might try looking up Rain-X website they make stuff for glass that makes rain just run off the windshield at speed. But that would only protect very very light pressure. I bought a clear plactic material for my truck that goes over the headlights/turnsignals. You may be able to find some clear plactic like I had but thinner. This may reduce visibility and in most statse is probably safe to say illegal. It may help though, I think I would personally always be sure to not let them hit or rub on anything.
Sacramento Jeepers Group #1
awachwhiteboy is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-23-2003, 06:40 AM   #3
wm69

I thought I read somewhere that you can apply car wax or maybe somebody makes something similiar to car wax that you can put on the windows that makes them a little harder to scratch. I've had a soft top before and the windows are the bad part of having a soft top. My old one got scratched up so bad i quit using it cause I couldn't see. At least the supertop has replaceable windows, but they aren't cheap.... Thanks for replying!

85 CJ7 258, A/C, T176, MC2100, Team Rush, Warn XD8000i, superwinch hubs, 3in lift 31" BFG AT/KO
wm69 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.