SOA axle wrap example video - Page 2 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep CJ Forum > SOA axle wrap example video

The NEW Revolution Gear and Axle from 4LowParts.comTHE NEW! VANCO DUAL MODE 15”/16″ Big Brake Kit w/BlaEngo winches available at www.rockridge4wd.com! Free shipp

Unread 12-29-2013, 02:04 PM   #16
pajadam
1987 YJ Wrangler 

Yeah I'm going to look into a good setup.

Also my leaf springs look flat not curved is that normal or do they need to be changed?

pajadam is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-29-2013, 03:26 PM   #17
TIPPEDITOVER

1978 CJ5 

For my SOA I ended up using stock 1979 front Cherokee Chief springs in the rear of my CJ5 (free off junker headed to scrapyard). I currently do not have an anti-wrap device installed. No spring wrap observed. I've gotten by for more than a year wheeling like this. I'll keep on with current set-up till it becomes a problem, if ever. It's working good and I'm happy with it.

Opinions are like Azzholes, everyone's got one and we all think our own doesn't stink
TIPPEDITOVER is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-29-2013, 05:24 PM   #18
skizriz
Web Wheeler

1978 CJ7 

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoryA View Post
If you plan on going SOA build a good traction bar

Not like the one shown in the video
It took me about an hour to build one using stuff I had laying around. I have since switched the rear mounts from bushings to heim joints.
If you don't have the fabrication skills to build a simple anti-wrap bar, you don't have the skills to do a SOA conversion.

I never felt any spring wrap or wheel hop without it. After about a year of my Jeep drooping lower and lower in the right rear, I finally saw the spring starting to take on a "S" shape between the axle and mount.
The anti wrap bar went on when I swapped springs to keep it from happening again.
Unread 12-29-2013, 05:29 PM   #19
papa355
1977 CJ7 

Quote:
Originally Posted by skizriz View Post
It took me about an hour to build one using stuff I had laying around. I have since switched the rear mounts from bushings to heim joints.
If you don't have the fabrication skills to build a simple anti-wrap bar, you don't have the skills to do a SOA conversion.

I never felt any spring wrap or wheel hop without it. After about a year of my Jeep drooping lower and lower in the right rear, I finally saw the spring starting to take on a "S" shape between the axle and mount.
The anti wrap bar went on when I swapped springs to keep it from happening again.

you have a pic of the rear of it. to show the heim joints?....ty sir

"I wouldn't have road rage, If you knew how to drive...."
papa355 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-29-2013, 05:49 PM   #20
skizriz
Web Wheeler

1978 CJ7 

Quote:
Originally Posted by papa355 View Post
you have a pic of the rear of it. to show the heim joints?....ty sir
The joints are actually from a tractor implement link I picked up at Tractor Supply. Two links for $20 seemed like a good deal. They are threaded, but I just welded them in solid. I don't have any need for them to be adjustable.

Here was the old setup. The rear bushings would just get crushed. After replacing the bushings and tube that holds them twice due to it getting egg shaped, that was enough for me.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.