So what's a waggy 44? - Page 2 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep CJ Forum > So what's a waggy 44?

G2 Disc Brake Conversion Kit for Jeep Wrangler YJ TJ LJ ChNEW!! HMF 50"-52" light bar mounting brackets!! SPARTAN LOCKERS are on sale BIG TIME at ROCKRIDGE 4WD!

Unread 08-29-2011, 01:11 PM   #16
robert1973
1977 CJ7 

Sorry. Meant outside of disc. Am referring to my front axles. My rear axle is little over 57" wide from the 77 wagoneer

Unread 08-29-2011, 03:34 PM   #17
mopar346
1984 CJ7 

Very interesting, so what is the width of a wide track CJ, I measured yesterday with the wheels on it and I got roughly 56 inches. Is that correct?
Unread 08-29-2011, 08:29 PM   #18
robert1973
1977 CJ7 

This is what my front Dana 30 reads and rear 20 reads
2011-08-10-19.39.34.jpg   2011-08-10-19.37.41.jpg  
Unread 04-29-2014, 06:48 AM   #19
Black_Krawler

Waggy Identification

I picked up a Waggy 44 front, the seller told me he thinks it's out of a 77 wagoner...

It has locking hubs, 5 bolt patter axles, calipers.......

QUESTION:: I see no numbers on the housing, where can I find some sort of identification on this waggy 44? Without wasting tons of time looking at unknowledgeable info on the web.
Black_Krawler is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-29-2014, 09:10 AM   #20
CSP

A 77 Wagoneer would have six wheel lugs, not five.

The BOM (bill of materials) number is stamped into the drivers side axle tube just to the right of the pumpkin as you stand in front of the vehicle. They are often hard to find, but the stamping is there. Do a Google search on "Dana BOM" and you can find websites to look up the number as well as a diagram exactly where it's located. I'd find the sites for you, but I've done it just too many times already.
CSP is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-29-2014, 09:13 AM   #21
texasdave

1980 CJ7 

You can take the numbers from the axle tubes the rear numbers are on the passenger side I believe and the the front can be either side and cross reference them to a Bill of materials (BOM) site from Dana-Spicer and it will tell you the specifics. One thing that you need to know is that on some Wagoneer rears the differentials are offset for drivetrain and gas tank clearance and may not work in a CJ without modification.
How To Identify A Dana Spicer Axle - TheRangerStation.com
http://www.therangerstation.com/tech...ana_axle.shtml
texasdave is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-29-2014, 12:01 PM   #22
Black_Krawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by CSP View Post
A 77 Wagoneer would have six wheel lugs, not five.

The BOM (bill of materials) number is stamped into the drivers side axle tube just to the right of the pumpkin as you stand in front of the vehicle. They are often hard to find, but the stamping is there. Do a Google search on "Dana BOM" and you can find websites to look up the number as well as a diagram exactly where it's located. I'd find the sites for you, but I've done it just too many times already.
Copy that- Thank you !!!!!!
It must be an 87 Wagoneer .....Can't find any numbers anywhere !!!
Unread 04-29-2014, 12:03 PM   #23
Black_Krawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by texasdave View Post
You can take the numbers from the axle tubes the rear numbers are on the passenger side I believe and the the front can be either side and cross reference them to a Bill of materials (BOM) site from Dana-Spicer and it will tell you the specifics. One thing that you need to know is that on some Wagoneer rears the differentials are offset for drivetrain and gas tank clearance and may not work in a CJ without modification.
How To Identify A Dana Spicer Axle - TheRangerStation.com
http://www.therangerstation.com/tech...ana_axle.shtml
Thanks Texas, If I could only find those numbers !! Grrrr !
Unread 04-29-2014, 01:28 PM   #24
CSP

Where are you getting that it must be from an 87 Wagoneer? An 87 would have the pumpkin on the drivers side opposite of a CJ. Any '74 and up Wagoneer is six lug if that's where you're getting 87 from.

You'll probaby have to remove some paint to find the stampings.
Unread 04-29-2014, 03:27 PM   #25
Black_Krawler

Quote:
Where are you getting that it must be from an 87 Wagoneer? An 87 would have the pumpkin on the drivers side opposite of a CJ. Any '74 and up Wagoneer is six lug if that's where you're getting 87 from.

You'll probaby have to remove some paint to find the stampings.
I never mentioned CJ (it's going in a ZJ)
I mentioned 87 because the seller did not know, he assumed it was either 77 or 87 and which I had seen the 77 was 6 bolt lug pattern, I at that point assumed it was from an 87 wagoner
Unread 04-29-2014, 04:38 PM   #26
Black_Krawler

The only number I can find is on the knuckle, and it reads C38535 not sure if anyone can help me with that number...
Unread 04-29-2014, 06:38 PM   #27
CSP

You realize that this is a CJ forum right? We assume any mods are going on a CJ unless you state otherwise.

Since you obviously looking nowhere near in the right spots here's the diagram I said I wouldn't post again. Notice that the BOM is on the long axle tube on a front axle.

More info found here:
http://77cj.littlekeylime.com/BOM_Info.htm
Unread 04-29-2014, 07:24 PM   #28
BlueRubiconrich
1986 CJ7 

I put a 1980 Scout Dana 44 front under my 86 CJ7 had it cut down 3 5/8"s to CJ7 wide track width. same bolt pattern as a CJ 5 on 5 1/2. used my CJ's brakes and old school 6 bolt hubs. I had the knuckles clocked 10 degrees
I have a 4" lift. I had a chromemolly shaft cut for the long side. It has the bigger Ujoints found in the later YJ Dana 30's ,CJ Dana 30's had the small ujoints.
The waggy tubes are thicker then the Scouts, but the Scout dana 44's are thicker then Rubicon Dana 44s.
BlueRubiconrich is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-29-2014, 07:42 PM   #29
Ken4444
Corripe Cervisiam

1985 CJ7 

Quote:
.. here's the diagram I said I wouldn't post again.
I almost fell out of my seat laughing.
Unread 04-30-2014, 07:35 AM   #30
Black_Krawler

Yes I know it's a CJ forum, it could be a star-trek forum, it wouldn't matter, considering *the component* we are referring to is in this forum (waggy 44) And just because I posted the knuckle ID number, doesn't mean that I'm obviously looking in the wrong place.. I have looked from knuckle to knuckle in a 360* radius and only spotted the knuckle ID. I assume at this point, who-ever ground down the old brackets from the housing, must have ground the BOM.

Thank you CSP, I understand that your efforts do become exhaustive, I used to run my own forum years ago, I know a lot of it becomes repetitive simply because ppl are lazy, I assure you that 'I don't fall short in that department' and I do appreciate your help and effort set forth... Thank you BK

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.