Smittybuilt Nerf Bars for YJ on a CJ - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep CJ Forum > Smittybuilt Nerf Bars for YJ on a CJ

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineOfficial Chassis Saver Rust Preventive Truck & Auto UnFS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye Kit

Unread 09-19-2007, 09:36 AM   #1
klklett1

Smittybuilt Nerf Bars for YJ on a CJ

I have some frame mounted Smittybuilt tube steps that I took off of my YJ. will these fit a 77 CJ with little or no modification? If not, what modifications must be done to make these work? Thank you.

klklett1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-19-2007, 12:17 PM   #2
klklett1

Anyone have any idea???
Unread 09-19-2007, 01:00 PM   #3
JoonHoss
2011 JK Wrangler 

here's a start for you

http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/showt...59358&t=224755

Hoss

Don't mind me, I'm just another FNG around here...
JoonHoss is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-19-2007, 01:12 PM   #4
klklett1

Thanks for the link.. I knew that someone would know something
Unread 09-19-2007, 02:19 PM   #5
jeepskate
Web Wheeler
1986 CJ7 

About a 3" difference in extension from the frame out and the rearmosr body mount under the rocker panels is in a different location which might cause some interference. Only real way to know is to hold them in place on your rig and see for yourself.
jeepskate is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-19-2007, 02:35 PM   #6
Fatman
2008 CJ7 

Quote:
Originally Posted by klklett1
I have some frame mounted Smittybuilt tube steps that I took off of my YJ. will these fit a 77 CJ with little or no modification? If not, what modifications must be done to make these work? Thank you.
Hey, always good to see another Raleigh (ite) on here.

What is the overall length? With a little bit of modification, they should be made to fit.
Unread 09-20-2007, 09:13 AM   #7
klklett1

Yeah I don't see too many folks from Raleigh on here. I was asking about the tube steps because I had removed them from my YJ and finally got around to selling them. A gentleman with a CJ purchased them and was going to try to make them work. They are off my hands now so best of luck to him.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.