Small Carb issue, off idle stumble - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep CJ Forum > Small Carb issue, off idle stumble

The Cure for your Tie Rod Roll!Offset Tie Rod Kit From RuffStuff!SPARTAN LOCKERS are on sale BIG TIME at ROCKRIDGE 4WD!

Unread Yesterday, 01:28 PM   #1
blakesgst

Small Carb issue, off idle stumble

Hey guys,

Been slowly getting the jeep project straightened out and am working with a carb issue, hope someone can help. The carb was installed a few years ago and only has about 500-1000 miles on it, it has sat for a long time since. The jeep runs well and drives fine. If i hit the gas quickly she doesn't seem to miss a beat and revs right up. But, I notice that if I am at idle and i just barely touch the gas, it will stumble and die. I have cleaned the carb twice and gone through a 4 part video series on youtube on how to set them up but still it hasn't helped. Any ideas?

Thanks,

Blake

blakesgst is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread Today, 05:06 AM   #2
Mike Romain
1986 CJ7 

For an unknown type of carb of unknown year on an unknown type of engine that sat for a while, I would change the gas filter first.
Some Canadian Bush Jeep Runs and Build Photos: http://mikeromainjeeptrips.shutterfly.com (10 new albums added Sept 16/10)
Mike Romain is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread Today, 05:20 AM   #3
cuban11182
1984 CJ7 

IF it's a MC2100 or MC2150 there are plenty of threads talking about it. I personally have a Gronk (eBay) MC2150 carb setup that I ran for couple hundred miles and could not get it to lose that stumble. I purchased s Holley 390 and have been happy ever since.
cuban11182 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.