Slowly restoring my 1983 CJ7 - Page 2 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep CJ Forum > Slowly restoring my 1983 CJ7

Rough Country Lift Kits and Parts!Yukon Hardcore Locking hubs Dana 44!! CCOR 706-207-4140Truc-Lite LED Headlights! OCONEE OFF-ROAD 706-534-9955

Unread 07-17-2013, 11:07 AM   #16
cwig12
1983 CJ7 

Quote:
Originally Posted by stgil View Post
Nice car and Nice COLOR

One question... the moulded body side are they black (painted/anodised) or Chrome... ?
mine from '82 are black (painted/anodised) ... It seems to be the same for the '83 LAREDO model don't you ?

Regards,

Gilles
I went outside and checked and it is chromed on mine, which makes sense for my jeep because that seems to be the theme. I think I remember reading somewhere that on the Laredo you had a choice at the dealership between a chrome package or a regular black painted/anodised.

cwig12 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-17-2013, 11:43 AM   #17
stgil
1982 CJ7 

Quote:
Originally Posted by cwig12 View Post
I went outside and checked and it is chromed on mine, which makes sense for my jeep because that seems to be the theme. I think I remember reading somewhere that on the Laredo you had a choice at the dealership between a chrome package or a regular black painted/anodised.
Thanks you for your answer cwig12

Regards,

Gilles
Unread 07-17-2013, 01:42 PM   #18
keith460
Jeep. There's Only One

1984 CJ7 

Quote:
Originally Posted by walkerhoundvm View Post
Gil - it's my understanding those side panels came in polished aluminum or painted black.
They would both be Anodized from the factory and not painted.

One is anodized in bright finish and the other, mostly Laredo's, is anodized black.

Restoration Thread:http://www.jeepsunlimited.com/forums...d.php?t=434226
keith460 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-17-2013, 02:30 PM   #19
walkerhoundvm
1981 CJ8 

Quote:
Originally Posted by keith460 View Post

One is anodized in bright finish and the other, mostly Laredo's, is anodized black.

Good to know. I think the black helps offset most of the other chrome elements of the Laredo trim...so I'm glad I painted mine black and hope it lasts a while
walkerhoundvm is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-20-2013, 08:46 PM   #20
BlkCJ7Laredo
Web Wheeler

1985 CJ7 

Quote:
Originally Posted by keith460

One other note on the black anodized is that they don't appear to be really black. Especially after many years they tend to look like a gunmetal grey almost metallic.

My Rebuild/Restoration Thread, In Progress
BlkCJ7Laredo is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-05-2013, 03:30 AM   #21
cwig12
1983 CJ7 

It's been a while but I just finished the base of my weekend project. Since I'm running a bikini top, windjammer and Duster I was getting rained in on with my doors... So it prompted me to make some Door Surrounds to close the gap. (apparently they don't make and sell any for cjs and yjs) I went online and found some water proof canvas, ordering some to fit around the Surrounds. Here's what I came up with as my design.
1.jpg   2.jpg   3.jpg   4.jpg   5.jpg  

6.jpg   7.jpg  
Unread 08-05-2013, 04:34 AM   #22
keith460
Jeep. There's Only One

1984 CJ7 

Ah, why don't you just buy a soft top instead? They make them for Jeeps equipped with hard doors too.

Restoration Thread:http://www.jeepsunlimited.com/forums...d.php?t=434226
keith460 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-05-2013, 04:52 AM   #23
cwig12
1983 CJ7 

Don't have the cash right now to throw at one unless I can find one on Craigslist for pretty cheap. Found one a week ago for $150 with the hardware but 10 minutes before I was about to go meet the person she sold it out from under me to someone else... So this is what I am doing for now.

Place orders through: creativex3dprinting@gmail.com
Unread 08-10-2013, 05:25 PM   #24
cwig12
1983 CJ7 

Looking into getting new shocks because my back ones are completely shot... Anyone have any preferences for the CJ7? Looking at http://www.quadratec.com/products/16023_002.htm and wondering if it would be worth the extra cash to get http://www.quadratec.com/products/pr...0%2C16016+3020 I would eventually like to go offroad with it, so trying to keep that in mind.

Tags
cj7 , custom , fabrication , fixing , laredo

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.