Skyjacker springs look home made - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep CJ Forum > Skyjacker springs look home made

Smittybilt Hard Tops @ Oconee Off-Road! 706-534-9955XHD Heavy-Duty Hood Latches for JK and TJ available at OcoFS: Jeep Fog Light LED Bulbs! Several Brightness Options!

Unread 08-26-2014, 06:58 PM   #1
kalaika63
1982 CJ7 

Skyjacker springs look home made

Just had my new Skyjacker 2.5" lift kit delivered. They didn't come in a box and the look like someone made them in there garage.
It looks like the the end tapers were cut with a bandsaw (crooked). They also look like they were painted with a brush
. Has anybody had a similar experience with this brand?

kalaika63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-26-2014, 07:06 PM   #2
WindKnot
Web Wheeler

1977 CJ7 

It's not uncommon for leaf springs to be shipped without a box. Just banded together with a shipping label.

Phoenix Rising- A Flame Off Restoration? http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f8/ph...ation-1807257/
WindKnot is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-26-2014, 07:11 PM   #3
RenoF250
1985 CJ7 

Quote:
Originally Posted by WindKnot View Post
It's not uncommon for leaf springs to be shipped without a box. Just banded together with a shipping label.
Yeah, mine came wrapped with a label. They are not going to get hurt and any box you put them in will get destroyed.

I don't think Skyjacker is very high on the quality list.
RenoF250 is online now   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.