Sky arms and Chevy tre not playing nice with each other - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep CJ Forum > Sky arms and Chevy tre not playing nice with each other

Currie Antirock, Currectlync & Lift Kits on Sale!Oconee Off-Road Free Shipping Lifts Tires Bumpers Tops andIntroducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed Line

Unread 04-17-2012, 06:46 PM   #1
hunts2much
1978 CJ7 

Sky arms and Chevy tre not playing nice with each other

I have Sky mfg high steer arms... These ones... http://www.sky-manufacturing.com/new...duct.php?id=67... They are supposed to accept 7/8" GM 3/4 ton tre. I have GM 2234 tre's which are supposed to be 7/8" and are what Sky calls for. My problem is they don't seam to fit. I've posted 2 pics below showing the fit. That is all the tighter I can get them without using a cheater bar. Before I do that I thought I would post here and see if anyone thinks the sky arms are not tapered correctly for the tre's I have?

When I try the 2234 tre's in the factory hole of the lower steering arm they bottom out and fit fine. So I'm thinking sky may have sent me the wrong arms???

Just wondering what everybody else thinks?

hunts2much is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-17-2012, 06:49 PM   #2
LT1CJ7
1983 CJ7 

I don't see any problems
LT1CJ7 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-17-2012, 06:55 PM   #3
hunts2much
1978 CJ7 

Quote:
Originally Posted by LT1CJ7 View Post
I don't see any problems
Thethe 1/8" gap between the tre and the arm is normal?
Unread 04-17-2012, 07:00 PM   #4
LT1CJ7
1983 CJ7 

Quote:
Originally Posted by hunts2much View Post
Thethe 1/8" gap between the tre and the arm is normal?
It's just a dust boot.
The Chevy's probably have a deeper taper.
If a cotter pin goes through the castle nut smoothly, It's good to go.
When you grease the tre, The boot will probably swell to take up the extra space.
LT1CJ7 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-17-2012, 07:12 PM   #5
hunts2much
1978 CJ7 

Quote:
Originally Posted by LT1CJ7 View Post
It's just a dust boot.
The Chevy's probably have a deeper taper.
If a cotter pin goes through the castle nut smoothly, It's good to go.
When you grease the tre, The boot will probably swell to take up the extra space.
The cotter pin does indeed slide in easily. I guess I'll just grease them and go. Thanks for the help.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.