Simple quick question on fuses and gauges? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep CJ Forum > Simple quick question on fuses and gauges?

NEW JK WRANGLER GRAB BARS NOW at ROCKRIDGE4WDRear Disc Brake Conversion Kit- TJ,YJ,XJSWAG 50 Cal Ammo Can Mount With M2A1 Can

Unread 11-23-2012, 05:21 PM   #1
copauls863
1982 CJ7 

Simple quick question on fuses and gauges?

I hope that is the case anyways. I am at work right now so I cant actually look at this thing.

Heres what i got:
82 cj7
87 cherokee 4.0 motor swapped(and running, just finishing up some small stuff now)
This whole time I was worried about how i was going to get the voltmeter to read, as I was thinking for some reason that the white wire coming off the alternator going to the fuse block was where the gauge got it's reading.

I WAS WRONG

my voltmeter works perfectly, maybe even better than it did before.

the problem i am having now is that my oil pressure, temp gauge and gas gauge are all not functioning.
I have a 4.0 in it. . . but. . . it is using all the cj7 wiring/ sending units. . . so in a perfect world... swap the sending units over... everything works. . .

I WAS WRONG AGAIN

The part that is throwing me off is that i didnt touch anything to do with fuel tank sending unit, so it should at least be working... well they all should, and all worked fine before i started the swap. . .

so my question for you is a simple one. . .
is there a fuse that allows power to the gauges that i might have blown?
even though the voltmeter works fine?
what exactly is the white wire coming off the alternator for ??
thanks in advance guys

copauls863 is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.