Jeep Enthusiast Forums banner

Show me your Brown CJ

80K views 217 replies 95 participants last post by  Bmann412 
#1 ·
I am looking for ideas.

Want to go Black interior and stick with the blacked out wheels.
Want to see how they look with black top, black roll bar, etc.

I am looking at the Corbeau seats in vinyl.

Thanks for the help.

#15 ·

I just had CJ painted this shade of brown
That looks great, and the picture makes it look similar to the posted BMW color.

Mine right after the new roll cage and seats were installed.
Good looking '7 you got there!

The day I brought my '79 CJ7 home...
Wow, that is a good looking '7!

I assume the paint/decals is OG?

How did you find this one (craigslist, ebay, etc.)?

My old '77 Levis I had when I was in the service.
Ridge Runners!

Haven't seen a set of them for years!

How did you like them?

#4 ·
Yes, I saw the color on a Lexus SC 450 special edition on a bright Sunday afternoon in Manhattan and it was awesome.

Tiger Mica 4T2

The seats are black high backs, I think Rugged Ridge Super Seat. I have not driven it yet so I have no idea how comfortable the seats are.

#5 ·
Mine right after the new roll cage and seats were installed. What you call RootBeer I call Turd Brown...

Reactions: tmoneycj
#9 ·
I do...PRP makes some premium quality seats. They were pricey but after wearing out 2 sets of cheapo replacement seats in under 18 months I decided to shell out the money for some good ones and these have been GREAT!

The only thing that is an issue right now is I am without a center console because I ordered an extra wide drivers seat (I'm 6'0" and about 255lbs...). I did find a Suzuki Samurai center console thats more narrow I'm going to modify to put in eventually though.

#10 ·
Here is my history with brown jeeps:

My high school ride- '83 CJ7:

Notice the sweet sheepskin seats.

The day I brought my '79 CJ7 home from SC. 9 hour test drive went well:

I hated this top color, and it was ripped in a couple places. Tossed it when I moved. I still have the doors if anyone is interested in them:

New Toyos:

Most recent photos:

I want to get rid of the seats, and get new wheels. I will be getting a black top eventually, but I don't really drive it in bad weather, and it gets by with the Bikini 90% of the time.

#11 ·
If you need a very very nice brown, than look to BMW "marakesh brown metallic". This colour is awesome. :drool::drool::drool:
I´ll paint my CJ in this colour.
But you must see this colour in the sun light, not only at a picture.
Looking for a BMW dealer and look.:2thumbsup:

#12 ·
My old '77 Levis I had when I was in the service. A small detail near rear of hood, being a Steppenwolf fan, an friend/artist painted the snarling dog from the Steppenwolf Live LP, turned out pretty nice, sorry I have no close up of this fine work. The color was standard in '77 with the pinstripes on the hood and fenders.

#18 ·
Warthog. You can check the frame vin with the vin under the brake m/c. It is located on top of the frame in the rear passenger side wheel well. It is a partial number but it should confirm if it is the original frame.

#19 ·
I still have my factory frame under my cj and no rust on it at all when I use to go wheeling I always ran water through the frame to get the mud out of it

#20 ·
I dont think I can post pics on this forum but I had a pretty sweet color on my jeep for a little while. It was a metallic flake brown - factory colors for the jamboree Commemerative edition jeeps.

you can check out the color at 82jambo.com or pm me if youd like to see mine:D

#21 ·
mid 80's

mid 2004

now

#24 ·
Does Spice count?
Wow, that is a clean '7?

Care to share the story on how you found that one?

They were okay, for those days.

It wasn't until I sold this Jeep and got a Blazer that I discovered Buckshot Wide Mudders.
Ahh, how about those Gumbo's?

#23 ·
"Ridge Runners!

Haven't seen a set of them for years!

How did you like them? They were okay, for those days. It wasn't until I sold this Jeep and got a Blazer that I discovered
Buckshot Wide Mudders.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.