Should i buy this jeep?? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep CJ Forum > Should i buy this jeep??

Component speaker deal for your dash - NalinMFGIntroducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineSteering and more from Ruffstuff!

Unread 07-01-2013, 05:06 PM   #1
davegt
1983 CJ5 

Should i buy this jeep??

http://newfoundland.kijiji.ca/c-cars...AdIdZ499068217
Never looked at it yet...8 hr drive..lol but not many like this in my part of the country

davegt is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-01-2013, 05:17 PM   #2
MoC
Web Wheeler

1986 CJ7 

Quote:
Originally Posted by davegt
http://newfoundland.kijiji.ca/c-cars...AdIdZ499068217
Never looked at it yet...8 hr drive..lol but not many like this in my part of the country
Seeing the WW2 ended in 1945 I would think it was not "made by Ford in the later years of WW2"...
Unread 07-01-2013, 05:22 PM   #3
davegt
1983 CJ5 

yeah...took ford 8 yrs to build it...lol
davegt is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-01-2013, 05:26 PM   #4
MoC
Web Wheeler

1986 CJ7 

Looks to be a M38A1 so the year likely is correct, just not the background story.
MoC is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-01-2013, 05:31 PM   #5
OldTexas
1984 CJ7 

Dunno. Have to remember it's a '53 and they are slow, 45mph tops, if still geared the same. Flatheads can be tempermental too, and not very robust. Parts also may become an issue. Fuel pump diaphram kits (not whole pumps), points and condensors, generator parts, oil filter cartriges, open starter drives, voltage regulators and bulbs for the 24v electrical system, if still in military format, can all be fits to find and require era specific knowledge to maintain, repair and operate. It would be a scary proposition for me. If I were looking right now I would stay between 1976 and 1986, look for a CJ8, consider a CJ5 and if nothing else, settle for a CJ7 like I did. 50's stuff is really getting old now.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.