Should I buy this CJ??? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep CJ Forum > Should I buy this CJ???

Savvy/Currie Aluminum Control ArmsRockridge 4WD IS Taking Zone Offroad Suspension Lift Kits ZONE 4.25" combo lift for TJ available at Rockridge4w

Unread 12-09-2002, 05:42 PM   #1
A.S.

Should I buy this CJ???

A fully restored 1976 CJ5, chev350, muncie 465, NP205, 33" BFG M/T 90%-95%, 5 alloy rims, 4" spring lift w/ Dick Cepek shocks, newer interior carpets and seats, newer top and bikini. The body is completely rebuilt with 3 new sides, driver's floor pan and support, I used 12ga steel on the rear panel and the floor, very heavy duty!! The frame is perfect, no rust or cracks, limited slip rear end. The Chevy350 also has a Weiand intake and Carter carb. Dual exhaust.

What should I look for when inspecting the Jeep??
Thanks in Advance

asking $4200 USD

PICS:

http://photos.yahoo.com/bc/samuelson...c=ph%26.view=t

Unread 12-09-2002, 07:30 PM   #2
CJeep
Alpha dog

1982 CJ8 

Looks OK overall, but you can never tell how good a welder this guy was, or how long it will last. You will have to check all of the usual stuff, like leaks, body mounts, driveline vibrations, etc.

However, the external fan has me worried that the 350 is run'n hot. Can't say I'm a fan of that fan (get it?). It could be a perfectly done swap & body repair, but it could all be *****.

Good luck

2004 Grand Limited 4.7 HO - OH Boy!

2010 Grand Laredo 5.7 Hemi - SICK - work vehicle -gone - replaced by an 08 Tahoe - nice ride.

"Both my Doberman and my Jeep can accurately be described as 'black and rust.'"

"I got a fever . . . and the only prescription is more cowbell"
CJeep is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-09-2002, 11:08 PM   #3
jeepdad40

how good are you about wiring and doing electric circuit work? Guages and stuff like that , and all kinds of funky half assed wiring that's some of the stuff I'd check into before buying. Does everything work or operate properly, check all the goodies that you'll need to replace , and figure in how much it'll cost you in time and money. I'm by no means an expert but I'm learning from my mistakes and things I was willing to overlook are now costing me. Good Luck, hope ya get what ya like!
jeepdad40 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-10-2002, 07:31 PM   #4
55-willys

look real close to see where the hole is in the guys head. it would cost more than that to put all that stuff in that jeep. looks more like a $8000.00 jeep to me. best thing is to drive it and make sure there isnt any vibration or woundering all over the road. if the engine doesnt smoke and it shifts good. wel seems like a smokin deal to me. every jeep owner wants a sbc in there jeep or a stroker 383.
Unread 12-10-2002, 07:36 PM   #5
55-willys

as for the fan, well for $200.00 you can buy a 4 row radiator. thats what i put in mine and it does the job. i live in mohave valley, arizona where it gets to 125 in the summer. i aso have a sbc in my old 55 M38-A1.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.