Shocks? Bistein or OME - Page 2 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep CJ Forum > Shocks? Bistein or OME

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed Line~Artec JK 1 TON SWAP~Advance Adapters SYE Kits

Unread 06-10-2013, 07:49 AM   #16
GeCJ7
1984 CJ7 

Just replaced my Doetsch DT3000 twin tube shocks to the Bisteins 5100 with my RE 4.5 lift and the ride quality is night and day! Going over bumps, railroad tracks and washboard roads with the 5100 is so amazingly smooth! I never new that the suspension could ride so nice on a CJ after replacing with these shocks. The jeep rides better then my 01 Sequoia now. I'm 100% convinced that I will never buy any other shock except Bisteins. Believe me you will notice the smooth ride difference immediately after you installed them. They are well worth the $$$! I was like you doubting the difference because of the cost but am so glad that I did this upgrade. Read all the other reviews and Bisteins stand out as being the most positive upgrade than any other shock.

GeCJ7 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-10-2013, 12:44 PM   #17
CSP

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-BO View Post
But will bilsteins help with this, or are the leaf springs always going to ride like crap in this situation?
An easy way to determine that is to remove the existing shocks and go for a short drive without them. Keep it a slow drive around the neighborhood or along those lines. If the ride is better you know that the shocks are contributing to the harshness.
CSP is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-10-2013, 01:52 PM   #18
Matt1981CJ7
Web Wheeler

1981 CJ7 

In my experience shocks make very little difference in ride quality.

When I buy again it will be bilsteins because the finish is more durable.

Matt
Matt1981CJ7 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-10-2013, 03:16 PM   #19
foggybottombob
1984 CJ7 

My CJ has ranchos in front and pro-comps in the back. The ranchos are way too stiff but other things always have a higher priority so far.
foggybottombob is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.