Shocks - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep CJ Forum > Shocks

The ULTIMATE "Selectable" Locker System! BroughRockridge 4WD IS Taking Zone Offroad Suspension Lift Kits WJ Modular Recovery & Bull Bar Relocation Packages

Unread 12-11-2006, 10:36 AM   #1
badge1236
1978 CJ7 

Shocks

I have posted this on another site but don't want to miss anyones suggestions.

I need some advice. I am in the process of a frame off build. I am leaning towards the black diamond lift springs. Probably the 3.5 inch. Does anyone know if there is a by adding the rs-9000 shocks to this spring setup or would I be spending money on something that I would get minimal to no gain in ride quality with? Please let me know as I will be purchasing some shocks soon and need to make a decision.

Unread 12-11-2006, 11:00 AM   #2
JoonHoss
2011 JK Wrangler 

I do not have expierience with those springs, but I have the 9000's on mine, and am very happy with them.

Hoss

Don't mind me, I'm just another FNG around here...
JoonHoss is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-11-2006, 12:12 PM   #3
BIGM

I have no experience with the Black Diamond springs however I would pick a shock based on the stiffness of the spring. I have ranchos and they are stiff so I went with a straight Hydralic shock(Skyjacker soft ride hydros). They do help. I did have Rubicons Monotube gas shock which are VERY hard and will help jar your teeth. But if I had a very soft spring, I might consider them.
BIGM is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-11-2006, 12:58 PM   #4
jayhawkclint
1970 CJ5 

I started out with Rancho 5000, then went to Skyjacker Nitro 8000, now Rancho 9000. I like the 9000 the best, but for the price difference, probably would just go with the Skyjacker Nitro next time.
jayhawkclint is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-11-2006, 03:16 PM   #5
Mr.Crowley
1980 CJ7 

how does everyone have there 9000's set..I have them on mine and the po said he stiffened them up while trailering his boat...
sorry not meant to hijack..
"offroad it, and wave then you might understand"[/QUOTE]
BLS Home Chapter... Where it all Started
:hahaha: yj

My low Buck Rock Crawler project Project..Stop by and check it out..[URL="http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=497896"][B][COLOR="DarkOrange"]The lizzard Queen[/COLOR][/B][/URL]
Mr.Crowley is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.