Shipping Doors - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep CJ Forum > Shipping Doors

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineToxic Brakes - 3000 PSI Braided Stainless Steel Brake LineCess Recovery Gear Snatch Tow Strap OffRoad @ ROCKRIDGE4WD

Unread 06-23-2013, 10:29 AM   #1
PROJECT 23
1985 CJ7 

Shipping Doors

Fixin to send a set of full steel doors. What is the best way to package these things up to prevent damage? I'm thinking a few blankets wrapped around them, styrofoam on the edges, wrapped in Uhaul moving blankets and then wrapped in cardboard.
What do you think?

Unread 06-23-2013, 11:01 AM   #2
Cutlass327
Web Wheeler

1978 CJ5 

How are you shipping them? Maybe make a crate out of a couple pallets and use a blanket on each? Shrink wrap around it to help keep things from snagging the blankets?

Maybe ask the shipper how they prefer them packed.

1978 CJ5 258/T177/D300, '86 D30/D44 WT axles, 'glass tub windshield frame, and fenders, 31x10.5 BFG A/T, TDK galv'd frame - DD and weekend toy

http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f8/ri...8-cj5-1223197/
Cutlass327 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-23-2013, 01:33 PM   #3
Dngrs1
1979 CJ7 

I bought my hard doors from a guy in NY. I'm in AZ. He made a crate of sorts out of wood, maybe pallets. He used bubble wrap between the doors, insides facing each other, then wrapped them together with plastic wrap. Surrounded the doors with cardboard wrapped with packing tape and inserted into the wooden crate. Wrapped the crate with more plastic wrap. It took me about 30 mins. to unwrap everything but the doors were in great shape. They were shipped by UPS.
Unread 06-23-2013, 02:23 PM   #4
CSP

Another vote for some sort wood crate. Cardboard, even wrapped in moving blankets is denting waiting to happen.
CSP is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.