Shackle advice - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep CJ Forum > Shackle advice

D.i.y. Ford 8.8 tj,xj,yjSavvy Aluminum BumpersSwag Off Road BIG-HIT TJ-YJ Rear Bumper

Unread 10-20-2011, 07:43 PM   #1
weehce
1983 CJ7 

Shackle advice

Need some advice. Here's the situation I just finish installing a 2.5" lift on my '83 CJ7. I have been going back and forth over shackles. I already have a set of M.O.R.E. 3/4" lift shackles for my M38 project. I purchase these years ago with out realizing they where lift shackles. Long story!
Do not want to use on the M38 now but can not return.
Thought I might be able to use them on the 7. So I ordered up a set of M.O.R.E greaseable shackle bolts and bushings. I use the 3/4" shackle plates and the new bolts and bushings. The 7 looks very tall. A lot taller than I thought. My concern here is that these may be to long and cause handling issues. I will get some pic out tomorrow evening.

Unread 10-20-2011, 07:57 PM   #2
SlikRic
Muddin Maniac

1983 CJ7 

If I remember correctly, you shouldn't have any hanling problems at 1 inch or less.

Welcome to the forum
SUICIDE
SlikRic is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-20-2011, 08:31 PM   #3
neemcj
1984 CJ7 

I have daystar 1/2" on my 7 with 4" lift. Mine drives good once I got the steering straight.
neemcj is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.