Sears brand locking hubs - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep CJ Forum > Sears brand locking hubs

RIGID LED Light Blowout Sale - All Sizes, All Series, all ECGS Black Friday Sale!!6th Annual, Beat Your Wife to the Credit Card Sale!

Unread 07-28-2012, 11:26 PM   #1
Mean Max
Don't poke the bear

1991 YJ Wrangler 

Sears brand locking hubs

While perusing the junkyard today, I found an old Willys Overland frame & running gear that appeared to be about a late '50's to mid '60's wagon. On it, there were a pair of Sears brand locking hubs that were complete & operational. I picked them up because I had never seen them before. I didn't take any pics yet, but they look like the hub in this picture I found.

It looked like a Dana 25 axle to me, but I'm not as fluent on the older stuff as I hope to be someday.

Has anybody else seen these models recently? Any info about them would be much appreciated.

Max

Quote:
Originally Posted by UltimatE View Post
Max has a picture of every Jeep part ever made.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Benderff View Post
No one here knows what they are talking about. You should try Pirate 4x4 they will be happy to help you.

There is no situation that cannot be improved with a small but well-placed explosive.
Mean Max is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-29-2012, 07:00 AM   #2
gojeepin
1983 CJ7 

The Sears hub lock outs were Selectros if I remember correctly. Mile Marker bought the remaining stock to sell but I don't think they make them.

83 CJ7, 4.1L 6cyl (4.0L bored .030" over), 35" tires, T-5 transmission, Dana 300 TC, Trussed AMC 20.
gojeepin is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-29-2012, 11:04 AM   #3
jeepdaddy2000
1971 CJ5 

If you happen to use them, be gentle. They use an alloy ramp which has a bad habit of splitting.
jeepdaddy2000 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.