Searching for an 82. - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep CJ Forum > Searching for an 82.

FS: Wrangler RGB Multicolor Fog Light LEDs: Awesome EffectFS: Wranger BRIGHT License Plate LED! Just $3! Great valueThanksgiving/Black Friday/Cyber Monday Deals at JeepinOutf

Unread 11-16-2012, 01:30 PM   #1
VicOfAges
1996 XJ Cherokee 

Searching for an 82.

I recently traded my TJ for a XJ as my DD and trail wanderer, but I immediately missed having a smaller Jeep to work on. I've decided to start looking for a CJ. The reason I'm looking for an 82 is my pop got himself a 57 GMC pickup because it's his birth year, and I thought it was a cool idea for my next Jeep.

The question is where to find them. I've been running CL searches and I see a good number of CJ-5s and CJ-7s that are all fixed up nicely and generally sell for more than 7k. Can CJs be found in salvage yards these days? Are there other places to look for lower-priced project CJs?

VicOfAges is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-16-2012, 03:18 PM   #2
mastercraftka
Web Wheeler

1984 CJ7 

Just depends on where you are at! I know here in south texas they are hard to find, i have an 82 project that i am working on. I am looking for a replacement tub.

I wouldn't be able to tell you what it is like in California. There are cj's running around here but they will run you anywhere from 2500 to 6,000. Depending on what shape they are in. We have hunters that gobble them up fast.
mastercraftka is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-17-2012, 08:23 AM   #3
yahwhy
1982 CJ7 

You picked a good year for your cj project, wide track axles, 20 gal poly gas tank, dana 300 transfer case.
I had a 79 cj7 when I was 18, thought it was great, then got out of jeeps until 2009, started looking for one, thought they were all the same from 76-86, did some research and decided I wanted a 82-86, found mine c/l for $3000.00 was far from finished but in great shape with lots of new parts, there out there just be patient.
yahwhy is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.