Sealant? - Page 2 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep CJ Forum > Sealant?

The Original 3/8" Ruffstuff Diff Cover!Oconee Off-Road Now Offering Zone Off-Road Products!!!Advance Adapters SYE Kits

Unread 07-01-2013, 10:03 AM   #16
82JeepCJ7
1982 CJ7 

Don't worry about trapping water. A CJ is a big water trap with 500 spots to hold moisture. Put them on and don't worry about it. Go wheeling.

Wheel, Wrench, Repeat.
82JeepCJ7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-01-2013, 10:25 AM   #17
Renegade82
Web Wheeler

1982 CJ7 

I used Permatex RTV blue sealant on my windshield hinges (around bolt holes) and my wndshd. light mounts (at the holes and the perimeter) and after 16 years only one spot had some rust staining but no major metal rust. And it sat outside for the majority of those years.
Renegade82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-01-2013, 10:48 AM   #18
Rjax
1980 CJ7 

It may not be an absolute preventative but I ordered 2 sheets of the tough stuff Rocker guard gasket that I can trim to fit. I think coating both surfaces with por-15 coupled with the gasket and RTV around holes will give decent protection. I will just make sure and add removal and cleaning a part of annual maintenance.
Rjax is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.