Seabass1858 is back after a greater than year disappearance - JeepForum.com
 16Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 19 Old 08-22-2017, 09:15 PM Thread Starter
seabass1858
1983 CJ7 

Seabass1858 is back after a greater than year disappearance

Well some of you know me on this forum and I see there are also some unfamiliar screen names here. I have been gone for over a year for personal reasons but I do still follow a lot of the same threads while I was dormant. First of all I would like to thank the members on this form for helping me keep my Jeep daily driver ready for the past 4 years. And what I am about to post is a very odd topic especially on JF but I still feel as if I shouldn't be lieing to the members on this forum of who I became to be because I still was to be interactive with the community because who knows when the next random mishap may be on either of my jeeps.
During the past 2.5 years I have been going through the biggest most difficult time in my life. I have been transitioning from male to female. This has been something that was with me since childhood and my parents tried to stop it when I was 11 but long story short, I am in a better place and happy. I have a new wonderful job now that supports me along with my friends. My x wife and inlaws also knew since I was a kid about who I really was and to this day they support me. However everyone in my immediate and distant family besides my father disowned me and I have not seen them since December 25th 2015.
I am posing this out of shear bravery as I want to continue to be an honest active member of the forum and to establish continuity with my build threads. I am not looking for total acceptance or understanding because I know not everyone but I do welcome it. I am just simply being honest and true to myself.

Comments and or questions are welcomed. If you feel it maybe not forum appropriate then just feel free to PM me. I am 100% open about it.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 19 Old 08-22-2017, 10:16 PM
Jon In Tucson

1983 CJ5 

Quote:
Originally Posted by seabass1858 View Post
Well some of you know me on this forum and I see there are also some unfamiliar screen names here. I have been gone for over a year for personal reasons but I do still follow a lot of the same threads while I was dormant. First of all I would like to thank the members on this form for helping me keep my Jeep daily driver ready for the past 4 years. And what I am about to post is a very odd topic especially on JF but I still feel as if I shouldn't be lieing to the members on this forum of who I became to be because I still was to be interactive with the community because who knows when the next random mishap may be on either of my jeeps.
During the past 2.5 years I have been going through the biggest most difficult time in my life. I have been transitioning from male to female. This has been something that was with me since childhood and my parents tried to stop it when I was 11 but long story short, I am in a better place and happy. I have a new wonderful job now that supports me along with my friends. My x wife and inlaws also knew since I was a kid about who I really was and to this day they support me. However everyone in my immediate and distant family besides my father disowned me and I have not seen them since December 25th 2015.
I am posing this out of shear bravery as I want to continue to be an honest active member of the forum and to establish continuity with my build threads. I am not looking for total acceptance or understanding because I know not everyone but I do welcome it. I am just simply being honest and true to myself.

Comments and or questions are welcomed. If you feel it maybe not forum appropriate then just feel free to PM me. I am 100% open about it.

Thanks for taking the bull by the horns as it was, I'm sure this was a giant leap of faith to make this post. As I have said before, you are my friend, Period.
So get the Willys restored already... God bless.
Jon In Tucson

Jeremiah 17:7 "But blessed is the man who trusts in the Lord, whose confidence in Him."

"The secret to a Jeep, especially a CJ, is you can't
panic." - Mike

"I may not be a smart man, Jenny, but I do know grounds."
post #3 of 19 Old 08-22-2017, 11:48 PM
Brianscj5

Garage
You have to be you, if other people can't handle it then you are better off with out them in your life!!
Jon In Tucson likes this.

post #4 of 19 Old 08-22-2017, 11:53 PM
86cj74.2L
Web Wheeler

2004 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jon In Tucson
Thanks for taking the bull by the horns as it was, I'm sure this was a giant leap of faith to make this post. As I have said before, you are my friend, Period. So get the Willys restored already... God bless. Jon In Tucson
+100
post #5 of 19 Old 08-23-2017, 01:14 AM
Matt1981CJ7
Web Wheeler

1981 CJ7 

Wow, that has to be the oddest post I've ever read on JF.

Anyway, I wish you all the best, Seabass.

Matt
robblue6412 likes this.

post #6 of 19 Old 08-23-2017, 03:08 AM
BagusJeep
1981 CJ7 

Good luck with the change, I have met a lot of transgendered people over the years and as a group they often suffer from family dislocation, I hope yours all come back to you. That your father supports you is of course absolutely great.

BagusJeep lives in Bali.

1981 CJ7 258ci - Bagusjeep
1984 CJ7 258ci - Puthijeep
1981 J20 258ci - Gladys
1951 Willys CJ3A/MB/M38 - Little Willy
1995 Cherokee 4.0 - CHEROKEE
post #7 of 19 Old 08-23-2017, 06:37 AM
mikeyboat
1979 CJ7 

Welcome back @seabass1858 ! Looking forward to seeing your builds come back to life
Jon In Tucson and robblue6412 like this.
post #8 of 19 Old 08-23-2017, 06:43 AM
shadoow
1985 CJ7 

Welcome back seabass. I still remember following your thread on the long trip you took with your cj years ago.
Jon In Tucson and mikeyboat like this.
post #9 of 19 Old 08-23-2017, 07:16 AM
bob4703
1974 CJ5 

I admire your courage and honesty in revealing your decision to this group. It would have been easy to have opened a new account and pressed on.

I have a good friend that recently made the same decision. I will say to you the same thing I said to him. I will not pretend to say I understand, but I support your decision and wish you well in your new life.

Welcome back.

-----

Paved roads are prime examples of government over spending!
post #10 of 19 Old 08-23-2017, 08:06 AM
Jon In Tucson

1983 CJ5 

Quote:
Originally Posted by bob4703 View Post
I admire your courage and honesty in revealing your decision to this group. It would have been easy to have opened a new account and pressed on.

I have a good friend that recently made the same decision. I will say to you the same thing I said to him. I will not pretend to say I understand, but I support your decision and wish you well in your new life.

Welcome back.
Well said, Bob. God bless.
Jon In Tucson

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Jeremiah 17:7 "But blessed is the man who trusts in the Lord, whose confidence in Him."

"The secret to a Jeep, especially a CJ, is you can't
panic." - Mike

"I may not be a smart man, Jenny, but I do know grounds."
post #11 of 19 Old 08-23-2017, 10:25 AM
AstroGuy
1976 CJ7 

funny how the world changes,
10 years ago would never see a post like this...
5 years ago, every response would have been negative.
Today, im probably the odd duck for being all wtf?
post #12 of 19 Old 08-23-2017, 01:25 PM
JoonHoss
2011 JK Wrangler 

Frankly; I've always thought that one of the greatest things about this magnificent universe of ours is that I don't have to understand HOW things work in order FOR them to work.

So; I guess I'll address the elephant in the room and ask the obvious question at the forefront of all our collective minds...

How's your Jeep?

Hoss

"Gimme three gallons of low lead; two hot dogs and a strawberry soda..."JGW
post #13 of 19 Old 08-23-2017, 02:03 PM
firegod33
1977 CJ5 

Welcome back! Hope to see you around and posting, more often!

Earth first... We'll Jeep the other planets later.
post #14 of 19 Old 08-23-2017, 03:36 PM Thread Starter
seabass1858
1983 CJ7 

To all thank you for the comments, I have just got a new house with a detached garage for my jeeps so the move is in the process. I'm actually using my cj7 and trailer to move the house. They both run and I still drive my 7 almost daily. The Willy's will take shape in time. I also adopted an Rx7 for next to nothing so that will be getting time also. There are things that will need to be addressed like some minor body work. As of now I'm working on the move. I did get a lot more tools to help fill the empty spaces in the new garage lol.

post #15 of 19 Old 08-24-2017, 03:14 AM
Matt1981CJ7
Web Wheeler

1981 CJ7 

Quote:
Originally Posted by seabass1858 View Post
There are things that will need to be addressed like some minor body work.
I thought you said that's what you've been working on for the last year?

Sorry, I couldn't help myself.

Matt

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.