Scrambler Body Mounts - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep CJ Forum > Scrambler Body Mounts

Savvy Aluminum Gas Tank SkidFS: Jeep Fog Light LED Bulbs! Several Brightness Options! Stainless Steel Door Hinge Pins

Unread 06-28-2013, 10:18 PM   #1
CW81Scrambler

Scrambler Body Mounts

What would it cost to replace a body mount on my Scrambler? I don't have the stuff to do it myself.

CW81Scrambler is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-29-2013, 04:20 AM   #2
CJeep
Alpha dog

1982 CJ8 

That depends on how many and how much the body bolts are rusted. Sometimes the captured nut for certain ones will break loose and that is a pita.

Assuming no real issues, a good mechanic should be able to do it within 2 hours.

2004 Grand Limited 4.7 HO - OH Boy!

2010 Grand Laredo 5.7 Hemi - SICK - work vehicle -gone - replaced by an 08 Tahoe - nice ride.

"Both my Doberman and my Jeep can accurately be described as 'black and rust.'"

"I got a fever . . . and the only prescription is more cowbell"
CJeep is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-29-2013, 07:50 AM   #3
jeepwhore
Hair puller xtraordinaire

1984 CJ7 

And that would be slow. If the bolts don't break all you need is a hi lift jack, a block of wood and a ratchet and socket of appropriate size. When I put in my body lift I think it took me about 2 hours to replace all the mounts (in the driveway)......but then again I was working with a rust free YJ tub.
'84 CJ-7: Yota axles (spartan locked front, e-locked rear) 4" BDS, 1" Daystar & 3/8" shackle lifts, 35" X-Terrains on steelies, YJ Tub & family roll bar, heater blower upgrade, 4.2L w/MC2100 & Team Rush, Warn 8274. Rebuilt 4.2/4.0 hybrid, AX15 and twin sticks/clocking ring waiting to go in.

The advertised position for a topless, dirty jeep girl has been filled......by my wife. Thanks to all that applied.
<------------and yes, that is her.
:-D
jeepwhore is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-29-2013, 11:40 AM   #4
John N
1981 CJ8 

There are several threads over on http://www.cj-8.com/forum/index.php about doing this. A lot depends on just how extensive the repair is, it can be a lot more than you see or less.
John N is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-29-2013, 11:55 AM   #5
Spieg8
1984 CJ8 

Are you wanting to replace the actual mount, or just the bushing?
Spieg8 is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-29-2013, 10:34 PM   #6
CW81Scrambler

The actual mount. The rest are fine but the one looks like crap. It's pretty rusted up.
Unread 06-29-2013, 11:24 PM   #7
Spieg8
1984 CJ8 

Quote:
Originally Posted by CW81Scrambler View Post
The actual mount. The rest are fine but the one looks like crap. It's pretty rusted up.
If it's just the sheet metal where the nut goes, it's relatively easy to cut and patch. probably a couple hundred bucks to do one.
If you're talking about an outrigger on the frame, I'd hesitate to make a guess, although I don't think it will be cheap or easy. They need to weld on both the top and bottom of the mount (which requires the tub to be lifted a good 8-10" off the frame to get a welder between the tub and frame). That'll mean a lot of electrical/mechanical stuff has to be disconnected (think brake lines, coolant lines, fuel lines, clutch linkage, etc...).

Hope it all works out well.
Spieg8 is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-30-2013, 06:48 PM   #8
CW81Scrambler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spieg8

If it's just the sheet metal where the nut goes, it's relatively easy to cut and patch. probably a couple hundred bucks to do one.
If you're talking about an outrigger on the frame, I'd hesitate to make a guess, although I don't think it will be cheap or easy. They need to weld on both the top and bottom of the mount (which requires the tub to be lifted a good 8-10" off the frame to get a welder between the tub and frame). That'll mean a lot of electrical/mechanical stuff has to be disconnected (think brake lines, coolant lines, fuel lines, clutch linkage, etc...).

Hope it all works out well.
Thanks

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.