Scott's Build Thread- 85 CJ7 - Page 9 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep CJ Forum > Scott's Build Thread- 85 CJ7

FS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye KitFS: Wranger BRIGHT License Plate LED! Just $3! Great valueBlack Friday SALE! Up to 20% off at Diode Dynamics!

Unread 02-04-2011, 02:45 AM   #121
Cole85CJ7
1985 CJ7 

Well when i bought the jeep like i said the brake pedal was higher so when i took everything apart i relized a snap ring that retains the plunger inside the assembly had popped out. It allowed the plunger to push the brake pedal out resulting in the brake pedal being above the clutch. Just remove the boot and take a gander!! Ive seen this happen on about five cj7 around this year since i fixed mine. Hope this helps. I practically have your Jeeps twin here in Colorado and get great joy out off this forum alot of help considering im about to go to the point of no returns with the rebuild.

Cole85CJ7 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-04-2011, 05:35 AM   #122
1983 CJ7 

I don't know if i'd call that *competition* Scott, shoot'n innocent blue barrels at point blank range....what's the prize? FISH

Unread 02-04-2011, 04:37 PM   #123
Skerr
<*////><

1985 CJ7 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cole85CJ7 View Post
Well when i bought the jeep like i said the brake pedal was higher so when i took everything apart i relized a snap ring that retains the plunger inside the assembly had popped out. It allowed the plunger to push the brake pedal out resulting in the brake pedal being above the clutch. Just remove the boot and take a gander!! Ive seen this happen on about five cj7 around this year since i fixed mine. Hope this helps. I practically have your Jeeps twin here in Colorado and get great joy out off this forum alot of help considering im about to go to the point of no returns with the rebuild.
Oh... you LIVE in Greeley... I thought your NAME was Greeley... sorry about that. I guess I should pay attention! Now I'm guessing it is Cole!? Thanks for the input. I will check it out tomorrow. I hope it is something very simple like that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 243 View Post
I don't know if i'd call that *competition* Scott, shoot'n innocent blue barrels at point blank range....what's the prize? FISH
NOT FAIR!!! Some of those barrels are very fast!

But the right word at the right time... "Hey, give me a little hug!" That's the difference between lightning and a harmless lightning bug!
Skerr is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-19-2011, 08:33 AM   #124
Skerr
<*////><

1985 CJ7 

Remember Me?? I have a Jeep! I was going to carry THIS in it. I've had it for 20 years... it's been a very good friend. BUT, I just traded it for an XD .45 ACP plus some boot. WOO-WOO!!
100_1335_1.jpg   100_1340_1.jpg   100_1341_1.jpg  

But the right word at the right time... "Hey, give me a little hug!" That's the difference between lightning and a harmless lightning bug!
Unread 02-19-2011, 08:52 AM   #125
MoC
1986 CJ7 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skerr View Post
I did better than that...

I grabbed her by the back of the head, pulled her close and tight, and kissed her hard on the mouth! Now she is fixing my ice cream...
Heres how that would go in my house....

I grabbed her by the back of the head, pulled here close and tight and she kneed me in the balls. Then both my kids ran in and started riding the daddy horse as I rolled around on the ground in pain.
MoC is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-19-2011, 10:26 AM   #126
Jim1611
Web Wheeler

1985 CJ7 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skerr View Post
Remember Me?? I have a Jeep! I was going to carry THIS in it. I've had it for 20 years... it's been a very good friend. BUT, I just traded it for an XD .45 ACP plus some boot. WOO-WOO!!
Scott that Ruger would have been hard for me to part with. I've been wanting one of those for a long time!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MoC View Post

I grabbed her by the back of the head, pulled here close and tight and she kneed me in the balls. Then both my kids ran in and started riding the daddy horse as I rolled around on the ground in pain.

My build thread
http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f8/ji...build-1093702/
Jim1611 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-19-2011, 10:30 AM   #127
cjdogtoy
1976 CJ5 

were's the pics of the xd
cjdogtoy is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-19-2011, 11:03 AM   #128
Skerr
<*////><

1985 CJ7 

Quote:
Originally Posted by MoC View Post

MoC- that's some of the funniest stuff I've heard in awhile!! Daddy-horse...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim1611 View Post
Scott that Ruger would have been hard for me to part with. I've been wanting one of those for a long time!

Well HEY now... PM me if you're serious. They guy with the XD won't care if he has cash or trade. He owns a gun shop and he's a friend of mine!

Quote:
Originally Posted by cjdogtoy View Post
were's the pics of the xd
Unfortunately, the BOOT money comes in the form of my tax return, which I am supposed to get aorund the 27th. And my wife reminded me that I am supposed to be buying a welder. Hmmm... might just have to go with the Lincoln instead of the Hobart!! Should be another week or two.

Unread 02-19-2011, 11:43 AM   #129
SonicR1
2005 TJ Wrangler 

I'm not into wheel guns, but to have one for 20 years… that must have been hard to give up!!! Aaand… an XD??? Really???? At least it is chambered in .45!!!

[URL="http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f9/sonics-05-tj-build-1168663/#post10985489"][COLOR="yellow"]The TJ[/COLOR][/URL]
2005 Wrangler X 4.0/6 speed, Dana 30/Ford 8.8--4.88--Eaton E-Lockers, 35" MT/R, Smittybilt bumpers/rockers/winch, SonicFab tire carrier, RE 3.5 springs, Zone 1.25 BL, FullTraction 3 link upper rear, RE super flex lower rears, UCF ultra high skid and lo/pro mount, brown dog mml.

[URL="http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f8/sonics-74-cj5-build-1106795/"][COLOR="DarkOrange"]1974 CJ5 BUILD THREAD[/COLOR][/URL]
SonicR1 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-19-2011, 12:59 PM   #130
Skerr
<*////><

1985 CJ7 

Quote:
Originally Posted by SonicR1 View Post
I'm not into wheel guns, but to have one for 20 years… that must have been hard to give up!!! Aaand… an XD??? Really???? At least it is chambered in .45!!!
Nyah, nyah, nyah... what's wrong with a wheel-gun?? It's a .22 convertible... has the .22 LR and .22 MAG cylinders. I love the gun, but I've been wanting a .45 for awhile (really want a Colt 1911, but I'll never be able to afford it), and I really like XDs. Easy to control, accurate, and fits my hand well. It'll be perfect for IDPA.

Unread 02-19-2011, 01:07 PM   #131
mvigo
Web Wheeler

1985 CJ7 

Scott, I am with Jim, I have always loved those Ruger .22's...never did buy one...
1985 CJ-7, fuel injected 258, 2.5" Rubicon Express Extreme Duty Lift, 1" Body lift, Crabtree Shackle Hangers, T-5, Dana 300 w/ 4:1 Teralow kit, Dana 30, AMC 20 w/1 piece axle, 3.73 's with Detroit Truetrac front and rear, riding on 32x11.5x15" Cooper Discoverer STT mud terrains
mvigo is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-19-2011, 01:45 PM   #132
Skerr
<*////><

1985 CJ7 

Quote:
Originally Posted by mvigo View Post
Scott, I am with Jim, I have always loved those Ruger .22's...never did buy one...
I might know where you can get one!!

Unread 02-19-2011, 01:48 PM   #133
SonicR1
2005 TJ Wrangler 

Only thing acceptable about the XD is that it is made by Springfield!!! But, the only polymer gun anyone should ever own is a GLOCK!!! I am not a true fan of the Glock, but have grown to respect it. It is a brick that throws lead down range. Every time you pull the trigger it will go bang!!! I have a buddy with the XD .45, very nice gun, just like giving people crap!!!

[URL="http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f9/sonics-05-tj-build-1168663/#post10985489"][COLOR="yellow"]The TJ[/COLOR][/URL]
2005 Wrangler X 4.0/6 speed, Dana 30/Ford 8.8--4.88--Eaton E-Lockers, 35" MT/R, Smittybilt bumpers/rockers/winch, SonicFab tire carrier, RE 3.5 springs, Zone 1.25 BL, FullTraction 3 link upper rear, RE super flex lower rears, UCF ultra high skid and lo/pro mount, brown dog mml.

[URL="http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f8/sonics-74-cj5-build-1106795/"][COLOR="DarkOrange"]1974 CJ5 BUILD THREAD[/COLOR][/URL]
SonicR1 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-19-2011, 01:58 PM   #134
Skerr
<*////><

1985 CJ7 

Quote:
Originally Posted by SonicR1 View Post
Only thing acceptable about the XD is that it is made by Springfield!!! But, the only polymer gun anyone should ever own is a GLOCK!!! I am not a true fan of the Glock, but have grown to respect it. It is a brick that throws lead down range. Every time you pull the trigger it will go bang!!! I have a buddy with the XD .45, very nice gun, just like giving people crap!!!
Yeah... got a Glock too. You're right... it's a brick, but the 17 is the easiest to field strip and repair over anything else on the market, and it is highly reliable. I have one other XD and like it over all my pistols. Really fits well and shoots everything I put through it, just like the Glock and the Ruger. I like giving crap back!! Of course, there ain't nothing like a wheel-gun. Just nothing!! And if you can hit what you aim at, 6 bullets is plenty!

Unread 02-19-2011, 02:25 PM   #135
Coiz
1979 CJ7 

All nice guns but I am partial to my Sig.
Coiz is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.