Scott's Build Thread- 85 CJ7 - Page 80 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep CJ Forum > Scott's Build Thread- 85 CJ7

Savvy Billet LED Tail LightsLight up the holidays with LED lights from JeepHutIntroducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed Line

Unread 07-26-2014, 02:47 PM   #1186
Skerr
<*////><

1985 CJ7 

Quote:
Originally Posted by gmakra View Post
Jim I would say the jury is still out on this Imposter thing we all knowed to well that the Skipper suffers from CRS cant remember shinola

One more security question when you messed up your back
1 You were doing manly man things!
2 You werent doing manly man things!
3 You were reaching for a Pepsi
NOT a pipsi! It was a Coke! Getchurfactstrate...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim1611 View Post
Yep so we'll give him a break, again. But if he tries telling us the manly thing on this last one I say we bann him!
The MANLY thing I can't talk about... but it had to do with a romantic beachside resort, on an exclusive island, with no kids, and 25 years of experience!

We are HOME! We took Clay's 5 for the trip. It ran PERFECTLY! VERY impressive Jeep with the 4.0. The only 5 on the island... garnered LOTS of looks. The COOL factor was close to 180 on a scale of 1 to 10!

Things I learned...
Offshore fishing in Georgia is a LOT different than south Florida. Chumming with fried okra and BBQ wings doesn't work well!

When it rains hard it is good to have the back window zipped up!

When it rains hard it is good to have the uppers installed.

When it is raining hard, and the back is zipped up, and the uppers are installed, it is good to have a rag for the windshield!

We got between 13 and 20 MPG on the trip, depending on the driving. The 4.0 is plenty zippy.

A NSS is always a GOOD idea... even when you're smart like me.

The chance of rain is directly proportional to the cost of the chainsaw art strapped to the cargo rack!

But the right word at the right time... "Hey, give me a little hug!" That's the difference between lightning and a harmless lightning bug!
Skerr is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-26-2014, 03:53 PM   #1187
gmakra
1985 CJ7 

Quote:
The MANLY thing I can't talk about... but it had to do with a romantic beachside resort, on an exclusive island, with no kids, and 25 years of experience!
Well this is most definitely the Skipper he muffed it on most of the security questions. However his delusions of grandeur speak volumes.
gmakra is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-26-2014, 04:16 PM   #1188
Jim1611
Web Wheeler

1985 CJ7 

Quote:
Originally Posted by gmakra View Post
Well this is most definitely the Skipper he muffed it on most of the security questions. However his delusions of grandeur speak volumes.
George what out old friend is talking about here is all the nice naps he took with Beth waiting on him hand and foot and no interruptions from the boys! Yea you're right it's really him. I just can't believe we haven't seen a picture of his feet by now

My build thread
http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f8/ji...build-1093702/
Jim1611 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-26-2014, 06:51 PM   #1189
gmakra
1985 CJ7 

Thank gawd for not seeing pictures of his gnarly hillbilly feet posted up! I thinks he is working on some kinda APP that will transport visual as well as "malodor"
gmakra is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-03-2014, 05:24 PM   #1190
Skerr
<*////><

1985 CJ7 

Hey Guys. I am trying to get back into the swing of things. After a TON of Life, I think I can get started again. Everything here is good, but many things could be better... like the lawn mower! I lost my two oldest boys to college, and that change has been significant. Clay has started his first year at UF, along with his older brother, who is in his 2nd year. I am driving Clay's Jeep everyday (YAHOO!) as he left it for me until I get my Jeep on the road. I got his Jeep stuck in the deer-woods last Saturday (twice) and about died in the heat. I got bear-caught bad, and it left me down and out for a day and a half. I have been piddling on the XJ, since it is the closest to being driveable, trying to finish up the long arms. Clay welded the cross member for me and warped it, so I have to start over! Beth got a job teaching at a Christian private school, so money flow should be a little better. Let's me breathe a little easier.

I have missed talking with ya'll and the camaraderie of the forum. I hope everyone is well. Looking forward to getting back on the horse!

But the right word at the right time... "Hey, give me a little hug!" That's the difference between lightning and a harmless lightning bug!
Unread 09-03-2014, 05:37 PM   #1191
Cutlass327
Web Wheeler

1978 CJ5 

Glad to have you back!

1978 CJ5 258/T177/D300, '86 D30/D44 WT axles, 'glass tub windshield frame, and fenders, 31x10.5 BFG A/T, TDK galv'd frame - DD and weekend toy

http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f8/ri...8-cj5-1223197/
Cutlass327 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-03-2014, 06:12 PM   #1192
Jim1611
Web Wheeler

1985 CJ7 

Scott you didn't loose two boys. You sent off two young men to make their mark in the world and start a life of their own. I'll speak for many here by saying this, so you pay attention. Dude. You of all that I know on here have devoted so many hours of your life to your family and we have been blesses to have had you let us see a part of that by posting pictures and telling us what's going on. Your sons have showed respect for not only you and Beth but for us too. I well remember one day I talked with Clay on the phone hearing him address me as "SIR". Those kids in St. Louis that were doing all of that looting would be better kids if they'd have had a mom and dad like your kids have had. So you see my friend even though there are times you may think you haven't accomplished much in life I beg to differ. You don't more than many could ever hope to do. You have 4 boys that unless they turn down a bad road in life will be some of the best citizens this nation has had. It's just the way it ought to be and should be normal but sad to say it's not. So you go tell your wife that those of us that know you think you two have done a great job of parenting. But it aint over buddy!!! I hope you have the biggest bunch of grandkids that 4 sons can give you. Then you get to start all over and make sure they grow up to be real MEN or LADIES! So it all continues my dear friend!

My build thread
Unread 09-03-2014, 06:57 PM   #1193
lucdog
Web Wheeler

1980 CJ5 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim1611
Scott you didn't loose two boys. You sent off two young men to make their mark in the world and start a life of their own. I'll speak for many here by saying this, so you pay attention. Dude. You of all that I know on here have devoted so many hours of your life to your family and we have been blesses to have had you let us see a part of that by posting pictures and telling us what's going on. Your sons have showed respect for not only you and Beth but for us too. I well remember one day I talked with Clay on the phone hearing him address me as "SIR". Those kids in St. Louis that were doing all of that looting would be better kids if they'd have had a mom and dad like your kids have had. So you see my friend even though there are times you may think you haven't accomplished much in life I beg to differ. You don't more than many could ever hope to do. You have 4 boys that unless they turn down a bad road in life will be some of the best citizens this nation has had. It's just the way it ought to be and should be normal but sad to say it's not. So you go tell your wife that those of us that know you think you two have done a great job of parenting. But it aint over buddy!!! I hope you have the biggest bunch of grandkids that 4 sons can give you. Then you get to start all over and make sure they grow up to be real MEN or LADIES! So it all continues my dear friend!
Well said Jim. I agree 100%!

Bill
1979 CJ7 360, TH400/Quadratrac trail Jeep.
1979 J20
1980 CJ5 trail Jeep.
1983 CJ7 pretty weekend and sometimes to work Driver in the summer, My first rebuild, if the Q-trac and 5 are broke, this one is the one to take. its just as capable as the other 2, except nice paint.
1984 Grand Wagoneer, 1 ton axles, great 360/727, and a big a$& tree fell on it .
1989 YJ the CJ to YJ conversion.
2005 TJ Rubicon.
2011 Grand Cherokee Laredo 4x4, Mrs. LUCDOG's DD.
Lots of parts not for sale, i'm a hoarder.
lucdog is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-03-2014, 07:05 PM   #1194
EgulAye

1980 CJ5 

Nice to see you spending a little time on the forum Scott, though you were never really gone.

What else is up next for the XJ?

Do you give the Jeep wave at night when they can't see you?
EgulAye is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-03-2014, 08:59 PM   #1195
Ken4444
Corripe Cervisiam

1985 CJ7 

Glad things are looking up. When I was a kid I always had a bit of a distant relationship with my folks. It wasn't until I was about halfway done with college that I finally felt like I could sit down and talk with them and we were on the same level and really enjoy the time together. Probably that was around the time when I gained enough maturity to be an adult. Ever since then, I like hanging out with my parents, talking about serious stuff, and those kinds of things.
Unread 09-03-2014, 10:22 PM   #1196
Splinter
1980 CJ5 

Splinter is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-04-2014, 11:34 AM   #1197
Renegade82
Web Wheeler

1982 CJ7 

Welcome back Scott. I thought maybe similar to how some northern folk hibernate for the winter, you may have done for the summer down there! Heed Jim's words, they were well said.
Renegade82 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-04-2014, 04:59 PM   #1198
Skerr
<*////><

1985 CJ7 

Well, well... when I get done cryin, and my head will once again fit through the doorway, I'll show you some pics!

Thank you, Gentlemen. Very kind words indeed.

Unread 09-04-2014, 05:01 PM   #1199
Jim1611
Web Wheeler

1985 CJ7 

Hopefully not of your feet again

My build thread
Unread 09-04-2014, 05:07 PM   #1200
Skerr
<*////><

1985 CJ7 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim1611 View Post
Hopefully not of your feet again
I really can't think of anything better than that, but you be the judge. Let me get 'em loaded...

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.