Scott's Build Thread- 85 CJ7 - Page 75 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep CJ Forum > Scott's Build Thread- 85 CJ7

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed Line~Artec JK 1 TON SWAP~Advance Adapters SYE Kits

Unread 03-14-2014, 07:35 AM   #1111
lucdog
Web Wheeler

1980 CJ5 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skerr
Going to get my holter installed for a second time. They screwed up the first time. I think it's a waste of time...
I wondered why you were posting on a work day.

Remember your saying, better get a hammer! :-)

B

1979 CJ7 360, TH400/Quadratrac trail Jeep.
1979 J20
1980 CJ5 trail Jeep.
1983 CJ7 pretty weekend and sometimes to work Driver in the summer, My first rebuild, if the Q-trac and 5 are broke, this one is the one to take. its just as capable as the other 2, except nice paint.
1984 Grand Wagoneer, 1 ton axles, great 360/727, and a big a$& tree fell on it .
1989 YJ the CJ to YJ conversion.
2005 TJ Rubicon.
2011 Grand Cherokee Laredo 4x4, Mrs. LUCDOG's DD.
Lots of parts not for sale, i'm a hoarder.
lucdog is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-14-2014, 01:33 PM   #1112
Skerr
<*////><

1985 CJ7 

Quote:
Originally Posted by lucdog View Post
I wondered why you were posting on a work day.

Remember your saying, better get a hammer! :-)

B
Yeah... hammer. I need to gt back to that! My new motto isn't working out too well.

Today is not a work day. I'm off Friday and Saturday while working in the Chapel.

But the right word at the right time... "Hey, give me a little hug!" That's the difference between lightning and a harmless lightning bug!
Skerr is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-14-2014, 09:14 PM   #1113
lucdog
Web Wheeler

1980 CJ5 

Don't forget to send me a pic of the XD, and other pertant info.
Include a couple of different views.

Thanks buddy,

Billy G.
1979 J20
1980 CJ5 trail Jeep.
1983 CJ7 pretty weekend and sometimes to work Driver in the summer, My first rebuild, if the Q-trac and 5 are broke, this one is the one to take. its just as capable as the other 2, except nice paint.
1984 Grand Wagoneer, 1 ton axles, great 360/727, and a big a$& tree fell on it .
2005 TJ Rubicon.
Unread 03-14-2014, 11:29 PM   #1114
MoC
1986 CJ7 

Congrats Clay and You. You have raised a fine son Scott.
Unread 03-15-2014, 12:14 AM   #1115
mvigo
Web Wheeler

1985 CJ7 

Congrats all the way around!

Sent from my iPad using JeepForum
1985 CJ-7, fuel injected 258, 2.5" Rubicon Express Extreme Duty Lift, 1" Body lift, Crabtree Shackle Hangers, T-5, Dana 300 w/ 4:1 Teralow kit, Dana 30, AMC 20 w/1 piece axle, 3.73 's with Detroit Truetrac front and rear, riding on 32x11.5x15" Cooper Discoverer STT mud terrains
mvigo is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-15-2014, 01:12 PM   #1116
Jim1611
Web Wheeler

1985 CJ7 

Glad to hear the good news for Clay. I hope he is top of the class!

CCD permit....you mean you're actually going to carry a loaded firearm around other people? Do you want to shoot somebody or something? Don't you think we have enough crime already?

Only reason I can write this on your thread is because you know me
Jim1611 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-15-2014, 01:15 PM   #1117
gmakra
1985 CJ7 

Skipper congrats
gmakra is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-15-2014, 08:41 PM   #1118
Skerr
<*////><

1985 CJ7 

Quote:
Originally Posted by MoC View Post
Congrats Clay and You. You have raised a fine son Scott.
Thanks, Foxe. You will do no less.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mvigo View Post
Congrats all the way around!

Sent from my iPad using JeepForum
Thanks, Mike.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim1611 View Post
Glad to hear the good news for Clay. I hope he is top of the class!

CCD permit....you mean you're actually going to carry a loaded firearm around other people? Do you want to shoot somebody or something? Don't you think we have enough crime already?

Only reason I can write this on your thread is because you know me
I'm thinking about it Jim. My oldest, Jake, got his when he turned 21. I wore it all around today, but dang I hate wearing a belt and vest when I don't HAVE to.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gmakra View Post
Skipper congrats
Thanks, Professor.

But the right word at the right time... "Hey, give me a little hug!" That's the difference between lightning and a harmless lightning bug!
Unread 03-15-2014, 09:18 PM   #1119
Cutlass327
Web Wheeler

1978 CJ5 

Just wear it and have a shirt over top. I hated not tucking in my shirt to cover mine, but it works and you get used to it. You may even look into an IWB holster, and if your pants are fitting enough then you may not need a belt.

1978 CJ5 258/T177/D300, '86 D30/D44 WT axles, 'glass tub windshield frame, and fenders, 31x10.5 BFG A/T, TDK galv'd frame - DD and weekend toy

http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f8/ri...8-cj5-1223197/
Cutlass327 is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-16-2014, 07:21 AM   #1120
lucdog
Web Wheeler

1980 CJ5 

Scott, as you may or may not know Illinois recently passed laws to allow CC. I haven't decided what I'm going to do as far as taking a 16 hour class, and spending $450 ( 1/2 of which goes to the State) .

Here's my thoughts, and remember I live in a city of 130,000 people in central Il.. The tri county area is approx. 500,000.

In 59 years of living here I have never felt the need to CC, nor have I ever wished I was carrying. Even while working in the "hood" ( the Fire Chief won't allow it anyway) for the last 5 years, and another 10 years in a area just as bad. I live between 15 and 18 miles from these areas.

There has only been 1 time I wished I had a weapon, I wasn't even in Illinois. Vicki and I were camping in the toy hauler in a remote area of Missouri, we were the only ones there.

I am still pondering what I'm going to do.

Bill
1979 J20
1980 CJ5 trail Jeep.
2005 TJ Rubicon.
Unread 03-16-2014, 07:34 AM   #1121
Matt1981CJ7
Web Wheeler

1981 CJ7 

Bill,

I never want my name on a government CC list. Fortunately, Colorado is an open carry state (except Denver), and car carry is unrestricted (except Denver), so my Glock 27 goes with me virtually everywhere.

It's that one time when you need it.....

Matt
Matt1981CJ7 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-16-2014, 10:08 AM   #1122
Cutlass327
Web Wheeler

1978 CJ5 

See, that's where Ohio has you - you can open carry, but it better be fully unloaded and locked up in a vehicle. There was a point even if you had the mag loaded the gun was considered loaded! That is a main reason I got mine, so I didn't have to worry about transporting to/from anywhere. The other big reason is a few experiences a friend had while driving his VW buggy - a couple guys thought they wanted to take it for a spin while he was stopped in front of a bar at a red light driving home from work in the afternoon... I don't want Randi and I out and about in the CJ topless driving thru town and us having the same experience. I want to be able to protect her and myself. I have been told before to just avoid those areas while in the CJ, but going from my mother's place to my place you HAVE to go thru a few shady areas unless you go an hour or so out of your way.

1978 CJ5 258/T177/D300, '86 D30/D44 WT axles, 'glass tub windshield frame, and fenders, 31x10.5 BFG A/T, TDK galv'd frame - DD and weekend toy

http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f8/ri...8-cj5-1223197/
Cutlass327 is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-16-2014, 12:20 PM   #1123
VACJ7
Hockey Rules!

1984 CJ7 

Quote:
I haven't decided what I'm going to do as far as taking a 16 hour class, and spending $450 ( 1/2 of which goes to the State).
Holy cow! 20.00 for a VA state recognized course and I had my CC permit in just a few weeks.
Unread 03-17-2014, 05:11 PM   #1124
Skerr
<*////><

1985 CJ7 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cutlass327 View Post
Just wear it and have a shirt over top. I hated not tucking in my shirt to cover mine, but it works and you get used to it. You may even look into an IWB holster, and if your pants are fitting enough then you may not need a belt.
Can't stand the IWB holster! Figures, huh? Thinking about something really tiny to stick in my pocket, but my hands are so big it would get lost. I have a couple nice concealed holsters. It's no problem wearing them. But I mostly wear shorts, sleeveless Ts, no belt, no socks, etc.

Quote:
Scott, as you may or may not know Illinois recently passed laws to allow CC. I haven't decided what I'm going to do as far as taking a 16 hour class, and spending $450 ( 1/2 of which goes to the State) .

Here's my thoughts, and remember I live in a city of 130,000 people in central Il.. The tri county area is approx. 500,000.

In 59 years of living here I have never felt the need to CC, nor have I ever wished I was carrying. Even while working in the "hood" ( the Fire Chief won't allow it anyway) for the last 5 years, and another 10 years in a area just as bad. I live between 15 and 18 miles from these areas.

There has only been 1 time I wished I had a weapon, I wasn't even in Illinois. Vicki and I were camping in the toy hauler in a remote area of Missouri, we were the only ones there.

I am still pondering what I'm going to do.

Bill
In the few times I have been made angry by a stranger it was likely a good thing that I did not have a firearm! I have come to my senses in the middle of an intersection, holding an axe handle, while I suddenly noticed all of the witnesses, as time slowed! Really not a good spot to be in!

Not sure I will actually carry daily.

In Florida, an accredited firearm safety course is Hunter's Education. You might look into that Bill.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt1981CJ7 View Post
Bill,

I never want my name on a government CC list. Fortunately, Colorado is an open carry state (except Denver), and car carry is unrestricted (except Denver), so my Glock 27 goes with me virtually everywhere.

It's that one time when you need it.....

Matt
I don't mind my name being on a government carry list. They know I have been trained. I am recertified every year, plus shooting IDPA. And the government doesn't know everything... yet!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cutlass327 View Post
See, that's where Ohio has you - you can open carry, but it better be fully unloaded and locked up in a vehicle. There was a point even if you had the mag loaded the gun was considered loaded! That is a main reason I got mine, so I didn't have to worry about transporting to/from anywhere. The other big reason is a few experiences a friend had while driving his VW buggy - a couple guys thought they wanted to take it for a spin while he was stopped in front of a bar at a red light driving home from work in the afternoon... I don't want Randi and I out and about in the CJ topless driving thru town and us having the same experience. I want to be able to protect her and myself. I have been told before to just avoid those areas while in the CJ, but going from my mother's place to my place you HAVE to go thru a few shady areas unless you go an hour or so out of your way.
Well, you may have less trouble if you didn't travel thru a bad part of town with you and your wife topless!? Ya think???

Quote:
Originally Posted by VACJ7 View Post
Holy cow! 20.00 for a VA state recognized course and I had my CC permit in just a few weeks.
Yeah... I'm with you Paul. Dang Reconstructionists!!

Unread 03-17-2014, 05:19 PM   #1125
Matt1981CJ7
Web Wheeler

1981 CJ7 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skerr View Post
I don't mind my name being on a government carry list. They know I have been trained. I am recertified every year, plus shooting IDPA. And the government doesn't know everything... yet!
The way I see it, if the government ever decides to confiscate weapons, the people with CCs, and registered weapons, will be the first doors they knock on.

Yeah, I'm a cynical old fart, but I don't trust "The Man". They will have to find the hole I bury my weapons in, if that day ever comes.

"I'll give you my gun when you pry (or take) it from my cold, dead hands"

Matt
Matt1981CJ7 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.