Scott's Build Thread- 85 CJ7 - Page 72 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep CJ Forum > Scott's Build Thread- 85 CJ7

Stainless Steel Door Hinge PinsPoly Door Hinge BushingsIntroducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed Line

Unread 01-05-2014, 09:32 PM   #1066
Kastraelie
1977 CJ7 

Peppers, motorcycles, renovations, and alien probing. MAN I had some catchup to do! It's amazing the Jeep gets any attention. Glad you are doing OK.

My Frame-Off
Kastraelie is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-06-2014, 03:05 PM   #1067
Skerr
<*////><

1985 CJ7 

Quote:
Originally Posted by MoC View Post
Hey Scott. The kits are all going to be close to the same parts other than the bearings. Timken's are my brand of choice as well. Just so you know they are no longer made in the USA. I went with the kit from Novak. Its more expensive, however their tech support is par to none. When I did my rebuild I could call and talk to a guy who actually rebuilds T-176's for living and get definitive answers. You can get great support here as well..
Didn't think about Novak. Thanks, MoC. My limited experience with them has been very good. mI'll check them out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kastraelie View Post
Peppers, motorcycles, renovations, and alien probing. MAN I had some catchup to do! It's amazing the Jeep gets any attention. Glad you are doing OK.
Hey Bud. Glad you dropped by. I am following your thread closely. We are all good... just ultra busy!

But the right word at the right time... "Hey, give me a little hug!" That's the difference between lightning and a harmless lightning bug!
Skerr is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-13-2014, 09:05 PM   #1068
8pitcher
1988 YJ Wrangler 

Hey Scott been a while. I gots a lotta reading. I don't hear from ya much over in the yj super crawler world. Been good I spose? I have been.
Built Not Bought #640[/FONT][/SIZE][/COLOR][/CENTER][/COLOR]

1976ish cj5 304 t18 d20 2.5" lift

some year YJ custom frame HP D60 14 bolt 4 linked front rear FI 350 700r4 NP231c

2009 JK 4 door 2.5" lift 35" tires custom bumpers mile marker 9500# winch
8pitcher is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-30-2014, 06:16 PM   #1069
Skerr
<*////><

1985 CJ7 

Quote:
Originally Posted by 8pitcher View Post
Hey Scott been a while. I gots a lotta reading. I don't hear from ya much over in the yj super crawler world. Been good I spose? I have been.
Hi Trent! I have been keeping up with you on Daniel's thread. Good to hear from you.

But the right word at the right time... "Hey, give me a little hug!" That's the difference between lightning and a harmless lightning bug!
Unread 01-30-2014, 06:36 PM   #1070
Skerr
<*////><

1985 CJ7 

Here is a little bit of MY Jeep saga...

My tranny was making an awful sound, and I determined it was the input shaft bearing. I pulled the tranny and xmember, then took them to a friend's shop. They are now finished. The input shaft in both units was toast! Apparently, when the splines failed in the tranny it caused the splines to fail in the crossmember. Par for the course. I will give details once I pick everything up. The tranny was pretty significant in the cost of repairs, and, apparently, it is not easy to locate a new input shaft for a D300. ALMOST went automatic here, but the shop found a new shaft through AA.

I have to buy tires since my tires are now on Fallon's XJ!

I have been on the search for a carrier and gears for my 20. After getting bashed posting a thread asking for help, I received contact resources from a couple of CJers. I received a ring and pinion from GB3440, and I am working with jodowil2 for a carrier. MANY THANKS goes out to these fellow JF Members who have gone out of their way to help me. I appreciate it very much. I now have a set of 3.54 gears to install once I can solidify the carrier. This will go nicely with the D30 gears Bill sent me for Clay's Jeep, and my Jeep, so long ago.

I don't understand the mentality of JF members who complain about someone posting a thread requesting help locating parts. Really!? You are freakin' kidding me! If anybody on this forum has shopped the JF classifieds for CJ parts you will know it is slim pickings much of the time. And if you glaze over CL every single day of your life then you will know, too, that opportunities are sometimes there, and sometimes not. In my neck of the woods, mostly not. Maybe you have time to waste. I don't. The forum is all about helping fellow Jeepers. There is no other purpose... period. If all you want is social outpouring then go to FB. If you don't like my threads, then don't click on them. You are totally and completely, without malice, uninvited. I don't have time for you, and I have no interest in you.

Unread 01-30-2014, 07:38 PM   #1071
mvigo
Web Wheeler

1985 CJ7 

Skerr,

Did you survive the cold? Hope all is well...
1985 CJ-7, fuel injected 258, 2.5" Rubicon Express Extreme Duty Lift, 1" Body lift, Crabtree Shackle Hangers, T-5, Dana 300 w/ 4:1 Teralow kit, Dana 30, AMC 20 w/1 piece axle, 3.73 's with Detroit Truetrac front and rear, riding on 32x11.5x15" Cooper Discoverer STT mud terrains
mvigo is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-30-2014, 08:07 PM   #1072
roboto65

1976 CJ5 

If I have something and another JF member is in need consider it done Pay it Forward people it works. The classifieds bite they need to work on them for sure.
Unread 01-31-2014, 05:13 AM   #1073
Matt1981CJ7
Web Wheeler

1981 CJ7 

Scott, Feel free to address me directly. The point is soliciting is against the rules. If you don't like the rules, contact the owners, don't bad mouth the messenger.

I've been in the market for a set of 3:54 axles for over 2 years. I've resisted the urge to solicit for them here because I respect the rules, and I agree with their intent. Your mileage obviously varies, and I respect that right, as well.

Matt
Matt1981CJ7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-31-2014, 06:10 PM   #1074
Skerr
<*////><

1985 CJ7 

Quote:
Originally Posted by mvigo View Post
Skerr,

Did you survive the cold? Hope all is well...
We did, but I have been cold all week long! I don't know how the northerners do it. We had a light dusting of snow which really looked more like ice pellets when viewed closely. Truck doors frozen shut! Jiminy. Supposed to be in the 70s this weekend. No wonder we're always sick down here!

Quote:
Originally Posted by roboto65 View Post
If I have something and another JF member is in need consider it done Pay it Forward people it works. The classifieds bite they need to work on them for sure.
Absolutely! That has been taught to me since the first month of becoming a member. I have received, therefore I give. No charge. If I have it, and you need it, then cover the shipping. I heard some very favorable remarks about your generosity roboto, from another JFer. Kudos to you and the 304 heads. I heard your also a Tug Captain?? That sounds like a cool job.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt1981CJ7 View Post
Scott, Feel free to address me directly. The point is soliciting is against the rules. If you don't like the rules, contact the owners, don't bad mouth the messenger.

I've been in the market for a set of 3:54 axles for over 2 years. I've resisted the urge to solicit for them here because I respect the rules, and I agree with their intent. Your mileage obviously varies, and I respect that right, as well.

Matt
Matt, you are not a designated messenger. Sometimes a message is not worth delivering. You can believe, as a member of a Jeep forum, if I have a need, I will ask for help. That's why we are here. You post in the forum that receives the most viewing. Posting in a forum where your request will not be viewed is a waste of time. If the Moderators have a problem with me I expect them to say so. It's not your job. But you were not alone, and I am not blaming you. Thank you for stepping up. My rant is done. Let's get back to being friends.

Unread 01-31-2014, 09:32 PM   #1075
EgulAye
°||||°

1980 CJ5 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skerr View Post

We did, but I have been cold all week long! I don't know how the northerners do it. We had a light dusting of snow which really looked more like ice pellets when viewed closely. Truck doors frozen shut! Jiminy. Supposed to be in the 70s this weekend. No wonder we're always sick down here!
I'd have to be born and raised down there to take the heat you get all summer. Give me a week long stretch of 80 degrees and I'm all set for the season, whew!

Do you give the Jeep wave at night when they can't see you?
EgulAye is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-31-2014, 10:50 PM   #1076
Matt1981CJ7
Web Wheeler

1981 CJ7 

Quote:
Matt, you are not a designated messenger.
No, I'm not, we all are. The JF is what it is because people have respected the rules. I don't think either of us want to change that.

I think we understand each other.

Matt
Matt1981CJ7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-01-2014, 03:40 PM   #1077
Jim1611
Web Wheeler

1985 CJ7 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt1981CJ7 View Post

Matt
I thought we had moderators to do the job you seem to have anointed yourself for. You've wasted plenty of bandwidth on things yourself. Are you hyper-sensative to rules and making sure everyone obeys them? Or maybe a troll picking at decent people?
Jim1611 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-01-2014, 04:24 PM   #1078
Renegade82
Web Wheeler

1982 CJ7 

Scott - If you need something and you think I might have it, feel free to ask me, in any thread! That goes for the rest of you too. This is a MESSAGE board and help from it's users isn't limited to typed words and pictures. There is a difference between soliciting business for profit and selling or requesting parts for a project. Nuff said....
Renegade82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-03-2014, 09:37 PM   #1079
1983 CJ7 

Quote:
Matt, you are not a designated messenger. Sometimes a message is not worth delivering. You can believe, as a member of a Jeep forum, if I have a need, I will ask for help. That's why we are here. You post in the forum that receives the most viewing. Posting in a forum where your request will not be viewed is a waste of time. If the Moderators have a problem with me I expect them to say so. It's not your job. But you were not alone, and I am not blaming you. Thank you for stepping up. My rant is done. Let's get back to being friends.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim1611 View Post
I thought we had moderators to do the job you seem to have anointed yourself for. You've wasted plenty of bandwidth on things yourself. Are you hyper-sensative to rules and making sure everyone obeys them? Or maybe a troll picking at decent people?

You two need to cut ole' Matt some slack, I mean a LOT of slack...he lives in Colorado and that second hand smoke is altering his thoughts

BTW, we love ya Magpul
243 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-04-2014, 04:39 PM   #1080
Skerr
<*////><

1985 CJ7 

Slack is cut!

Thinking about turning on the air this evening. Sitting here sweating!

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.