Scott's Build Thread- 85 CJ7 - Page 68 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep CJ Forum > Scott's Build Thread- 85 CJ7

Year End Clearance Sale! Save 20%Warn, Smitybilt, Engo, Rugged Ridge Winches at CCORIntroducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed Line

Unread 11-19-2013, 07:31 PM   #1006
EgulAye

1980 CJ5 

Hey Skipper, you get that house back together yet?

Do you give the Jeep wave at night when they can't see you?
EgulAye is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-19-2013, 09:30 PM   #1007
Skerr
<*////><

1985 CJ7 

The kids bedroom has no carpet, and the bathroom has no shower/tub. The little guys are sleeping in the den. But we have hot water and a washing machine! Shower was ordered but won't be in for another week, putting it all back together at Thanksgiving. We're almost there!

But the right word at the right time... "Hey, give me a little hug!" That's the difference between lightning and a harmless lightning bug!
Skerr is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-26-2013, 04:24 PM   #1008
HALOjmpr
You want what, when?

1982 CJ7 

Trick is to heat the pipes away from the joint Scott. When it gets hot enough at the joint it will melt and draw the solder in. I hope its working. If not call me.

My jeep project "Rustful Dead"
HALOjmpr is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-27-2013, 04:37 PM   #1009
Skerr
<*////><

1985 CJ7 

Thanks, Paul. I got it now. Call me Master Plumber!

Picked up the new tub and shower enclosure this afternoon and some misc supplies to install it.

Pulled the Tcase out of my Jeep. Tranny is next. While I was under there I twisted the rear drive shaft to get it out of my way (still connected to the pinion), and there was a LOUD clanking sound coming from the pumpkin. Guess it's time to rebuild that too! Wish it wasn't so dad-goned cold!

All the boys are home. Smoking a turkey for Tgiving, which we will celebrate Friday, as I am working tomorrow.

Best wishes to Everyone. Happy Thanksgiving.

But the right word at the right time... "Hey, give me a little hug!" That's the difference between lightning and a harmless lightning bug!
Unread 11-27-2013, 04:39 PM   #1010
Skerr
<*////><

1985 CJ7 

Hey... does anyone know anything about tablets? Wifey wants one for Xmas. Walmart has them for under a $100 for Black Friday. I was told to stay away from Apple. I have also been looking at Asus on the Newegg site. If you have Skype or Facetime can you use the tablet as a phone? Can you call a cell phone for example?

Unread 11-27-2013, 04:51 PM   #1011
Gido
1980 CJ7 

iPads r great. Wifey and I have iPhones and iPads. Love em! U can use fscetime like a phone if the person u r calling has FaceTime as well. That works off of data not cell service. You can only get FaceTime with Apple products. My brother has a galaxy note and loves it. I think they all work pretty well.

in memory of Jimmy Smith - a wise man
Gido is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-27-2013, 06:46 PM   #1012
ScroungerLee
1986 CJ7 

I am glad you got your shower working. It's been like what, a month since anyone there bathed?
ScroungerLee is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-28-2013, 02:17 AM   #1013
MoC
1986 CJ7 

Holy shower debacle batman! Glad you got it fixes Scott.
Unread 11-28-2013, 05:47 AM   #1014
EgulAye

1980 CJ5 

I personally like the Android tablets. My phone is an Android and so through the "play store" I have access to all the same apps I've purchased for that.

There are a lot of great products out there. Your best bet may be to spend some time at a store playing with all the display models.

Do you give the Jeep wave at night when they can't see you?
EgulAye is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-28-2013, 07:02 AM   #1015
gmakra
1985 CJ7 

Skipper you know this whole shower thing really fits your name. First you build the minnow which is not water proof, but it does have a really big tuna tower and then you live in a non water tight house!
gmakra is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-28-2013, 10:10 AM   #1016
mvigo
Web Wheeler

1985 CJ7 

Happy Thanksgiving to the Kerr Family!
1985 CJ-7, fuel injected 258, 2.5" Rubicon Express Extreme Duty Lift, 1" Body lift, Crabtree Shackle Hangers, T-5, Dana 300 w/ 4:1 Teralow kit, Dana 30, AMC 20 w/1 piece axle, 3.73 's with Detroit Truetrac front and rear, riding on 32x11.5x15" Cooper Discoverer STT mud terrains
mvigo is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-28-2013, 06:20 PM   #1017
Skerr
<*////><

1985 CJ7 

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScroungerLee View Post
I am glad you got your shower working. It's been like what, a month since anyone there bathed?
Quote:
Originally Posted by MoC View Post
Holy shower debacle batman! Glad you got it fixes Scott.
NOT fixed! We picked it up yesterday. The tub is sitting in the boys room, which is adjacent to the bathroom. I will install it this weekend. Beth is getting these really strange ideas about taking out this wall, expanding the bathroom like this, a big tub over there, etc, etc....

Quote:
Originally Posted by EgulAye View Post
I personally like the Android tablets. My phone is an Android and so through the "play store" I have access to all the same apps I've purchased for that.

There are a lot of great products out there. Your best bet may be to spend some time at a store playing with all the display models.
Then I will look toward an Android. Thanks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gmakra View Post
Skipper you know this whole shower thing really fits your name. First you build the minnow which is not water proof, but it does have a really big tuna tower and then you live in a non water tight house!
I'm glad the house is not water tight! If it were, we would be like goldfish!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mvigo View Post
Happy Thanksgiving to the Kerr Family!
Thank you, Mike.

Unread 11-29-2013, 11:27 AM   #1018
Renegade82
Web Wheeler

1982 CJ7 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skerr View Post
Hey... does anyone know anything about tablets? Wifey wants one for Xmas. Walmart has them for under a $100 for Black Friday.
Don't waste yer time with those fancy smancy electric tablets. They still make the paper ones up north here and they still work just as good as 100 years ago. Plus obama can't read it when your not looking! I might have an extra one layin' around I could send you for the Mrs. in time for Christmas. My gift to you.
Renegade82 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-29-2013, 05:05 PM   #1019
Skerr
<*////><

1985 CJ7 

LOL! Thanks Rene. You're right, of course, but we are attempting to become a little more technologically advanced!

Unread 12-01-2013, 04:50 PM   #1020
Skerr
<*////><

1985 CJ7 

I QUIT! I quit, I quit, I quit.

Since the water leak in the hallway...
Water leak in hallway- replace hot water tank.
Washing machine "melted"- replaced washer
Pulled up carpet in boys room- need to replace
Removed (ie, cut with sawzall) shower/tub- replace

IN ADDITION-
Built-in double ovens- top oven goes into "lockdown" mode for cleaning, all by itself. Sucks when there is a casserole inside!
Water supply to toilet in guest bath is leaking (noticed it last night).
Dishwasher leaking (TONIGHT, FOR CRYING OUT LOUD!)- don't know whether it is a door seal or a supply leak.

Boys... this is ENOUGH! I'm thinking about becoming an alcoholic.

Why isn't there a "black cloud" smilie.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.