Scott's Build Thread- 85 CJ7 - Page 61 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep CJ Forum > Scott's Build Thread- 85 CJ7

Rockridge 4WD IS Taking Zone Offroad Suspension Lift Kits ZONE 4.25" combo lift for TJ available at Rockridge4wG2 Disc Brake Conversion Kit for Jeep Wrangler YJ TJ LJ Ch

Unread 11-04-2013, 07:40 PM   #901
Dadamsnv
Web Wheeler

1977 CJ5 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skerr
Getting slammed over at Cherokeeforum! Nice as I am, too. I don't get it...
for what?

Dadamsnv is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-04-2013, 09:00 PM   #902
Skerr
<*////><

1985 CJ7 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dadamsnv View Post
for what?
Building stuff!

But the right word at the right time... "Hey, give me a little hug!" That's the difference between lightning and a harmless lightning bug!
Skerr is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-04-2013, 09:05 PM   #903
Dadamsnv
Web Wheeler

1977 CJ5 

Quote:
Building stuff!
Are you building an upside down cross or burning an American flag?
Unread 11-04-2013, 09:26 PM   #904
lucdog
Web Wheeler

1980 CJ5 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dadamsnv

Are you building an upside down cross or burning an American flag?
Good one Daniel.
1979 CJ7 360, TH400/Quadratrac trail Jeep.
1979 J20
1980 CJ5 trail Jeep.
1983 CJ7 pretty weekend and sometimes to work Driver in the summer, My first rebuild, if the Q-trac and 5 are broke, this one is the one to take. its just as capable as the other 2, except nice paint.
1984 Grand Wagoneer, 1 ton axles, great 360/727, and a big a$& tree fell on it .
1989 YJ the CJ to YJ conversion.
2005 TJ Rubicon.
2011 Grand Cherokee Laredo 4x4, Mrs. LUCDOG's DD.
Lots of parts not for sale, i'm a hoarder.
lucdog is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-04-2013, 10:15 PM   #905
Skerr
<*////><

1985 CJ7 

CrossMEMBER, for Fallon's XJ. Found a design online that I could copy. It will accomodate the longarms when I make them. Some dude just went on the thread and told me I did it wrong!

But the right word at the right time... "Hey, give me a little hug!" That's the difference between lightning and a harmless lightning bug!
Unread 11-04-2013, 10:24 PM   #906
Dadamsnv
Web Wheeler

1977 CJ5 

Quote:
CrossMEMBER, for Fallon's XJ. Found a design online that I could copy. It will accomodate the longarms when I make them. Some dude just went on the thread and told me I did it wrong!
All of the XJ people around my neck of the woods are like that. Meanwhile, their junk is falling apart and their tires are bald and your jeep is somehow stupid.
Unread 11-04-2013, 11:00 PM   #907
Skerr
<*////><

1985 CJ7 

Definitely a different crowd. Most of the mods they do are bolt on. I have found only a small handful that actually make things for their Jeep, and they ain't talking! I think my XJ threads are a waste of time, but I'll keep them going just in case someone comes along looking for help/pics.

Unread 11-05-2013, 04:51 AM   #908
ScroungerLee
1986 CJ7 

Did you show them a pic of your feet? That's always a good icebreaker!
ScroungerLee is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-05-2013, 07:20 AM   #909
Skerr
<*////><

1985 CJ7 

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScroungerLee View Post
Did you show them a pic of your feet? That's always a good icebreaker!
Yes... WITH a Stetson hanging on them. How could you NOT like that!?

Unread 11-05-2013, 07:35 AM   #910
Matt1981CJ7
Web Wheeler

1981 CJ7 

Ummm...I don't think the "2 feet in one pant-leg" picture does much for your image, Skipper.

I checked out your cross-member build on the XJ thread. Nice work! I noticed you only tack-welded the pieces together. Will you run solid beads when you get it all fitted up, or....?

Matt
Matt1981CJ7 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-05-2013, 11:13 AM   #911
Skerr
<*////><

1985 CJ7 

No... I thought the tack welds would hold my front axle in place. Sorry Matt! Couldn't resist that one. Thanks for the comps on the crossmember. It gives a 1" drop for DS angle while incorprating mounting points for the longarms. I'll continue with the build once the joints get here.

Unread 11-05-2013, 04:01 PM   #912
xjfever
Web Wheeler

1995 XJ Cherokee 

Sorry to hear about the XJ section Scott. I used to post there daily and there were lots of great people in there. Lately I rarely even go there since the teenagers have taken over and too many of them know it all with their first vehicles.
  1. '95 XJ country edition, 4" coils/3/4" spacers, HD leafs with extra main added in, Ironman adjustable control arms, rough country shackles, aussie locker, JK rubicon shocks, 35" mudder's, soft 8's, cobra cb
  2. Sold'99 WJ limited, 4.7L, 3" IRO lift. Bilstein shocks, JK rubicon wheels, 255/70/17's, carolina driveshaft, IRO adjustable control arms, IRO adjustable A-arm
  3. Sold '00 TJ, 4" lift, rusty's adjustable control arms, skyjacker shocks, rock krawler adj. trac-bar,rugged ridge SYE and RE driveshaft, soft 8's, 35" mud king xt's,XJ HP D30 w/aussie locker, 4:88 yukon gears, hella 500's, rock crusher diff covers
4. 04 Dodge ram 1500 quadcab, yes, it has a hemi.
5. '08 BMW X3, Mods in progress.
xjfever is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-05-2013, 05:31 PM   #913
Skerr
<*////><

1985 CJ7 

Quote:
Originally Posted by xjfever View Post
Sorry to hear about the XJ section Scott. I used to post there daily and there were lots of great people in there. Lately I rarely even go there since the teenagers have taken over and too many of them know it all with their first vehicles.
Ain't yours to apologize about! But I appreciate the empathy. Chris pipes up from time to time, but pretty much no one else on JF from the XJ section. I have more CJ Buds over there! The cherokeeforum has more activity, and the whiner who posted up posted up a second time stating my design is a bad one. IDK, maybe it is, but I think it will serve my purpose perfectly. I am really enjoying the XJ build. I like these Jeeps!

Unread 11-08-2013, 12:51 PM   #914
Skerr
<*////><

1985 CJ7 

Yes, Sir. This is the right time of the year! Sorry all you snugglebunnies are freezing your petunias off!

Clear 67F
Feels Like: 67Wind Chill: 67 Ceiling: UnlHeat Index: 67 Visibility: 10miDew Point: 38 Wind: 16mphHumidity: 34% Direction: 30 (NNE)Pressure: 30.21" Gusts: 22mphReport Text: KVLD 081753Z 03014G19KT 10SM CLR 19/03 A3021 RMK AO2 SLP238 T01940033 10200 20083 58011 Today's Forecast
2 PM
M Sunny 693 PM
M Sunny 704 PM
M Sunny 69

Unread 11-08-2013, 01:29 PM   #915
Renegade82
Web Wheeler

1982 CJ7 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skerr View Post
I am really enjoying the XJ build. I like these Jeeps!
Scott I think the cold down there is effecting your speech. The XJ is a Cherokee not a Jeep. The CJ is a Jeep. An AMC/Jeep Jeep to be precise. Go getcha some hot chocolate.
Renegade82 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.