Scott's Build Thread- 85 CJ7 - Page 58 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep CJ Forum > Scott's Build Thread- 85 CJ7

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineGrizzly Lockers available at Rockridge4wd.comThe ULTIMATE "Selectable" Locker System! Brough

Unread 08-19-2013, 12:27 PM   #856
Jeeper44mag
1978 CJ7 

We kayak on the Alafia river often and it is LOADED with Gators. They don't bother you though.... and I carry gator repellant just in case.

Luis

Unread 08-19-2013, 02:49 PM   #857
Jim1611
Web Wheeler

1985 CJ7 

Looks like you all had a nice time. Thanks for the pictures!
Jim1611 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-19-2013, 08:38 PM   #858
Skerr
<*////><

1985 CJ7 

Quote:
Originally Posted by MoC View Post
Great trip Scott! After seeing all those gators I bet you were in and out the water pretty quick. What kind of fish are those with the rounded rear tail fins?
That fish is called a Bowfin. Commonly referred to as a Mudfish. Not edible and much of a nuisance. Good gator bait!

Thanks for the comments Guys. It was sooooo relaxing.

But the right word at the right time... "Hey, give me a little hug!" That's the difference between lightning and a harmless lightning bug!
Skerr is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-19-2013, 08:55 PM   #859
lucdog
Web Wheeler

1980 CJ5 

Looks like a great time Scott! The problem with vacations is they end too soon. I showed Vicki the pictures, she said she's OUT on the Gators. She also told me that she and her parents were there in the late 60's early 70's.

Great pictures Scott.

You have your stuff packed for the trip to Little Rock, correct? And Dude, your toes look like fingers , them's some long SOB's.

O, if you can't make the trip, put Beth on a bus, and send her up! I'm used to Estrogen, with 2 female dogs, 2 daughters, and a wife.

If I were to get high centered, she could come to my rescue, like she did for YOU!!

Bill
1979 CJ7 360, TH400/Quadratrac trail Jeep.
1979 J20
1980 CJ5 trail Jeep.
1983 CJ7 pretty weekend and sometimes to work Driver in the summer, My first rebuild, if the Q-trac and 5 are broke, this one is the one to take. its just as capable as the other 2, except nice paint.
1984 Grand Wagoneer, 1 ton axles, great 360/727, and a big a$& tree fell on it .
1989 YJ the CJ to YJ conversion.
2005 TJ Rubicon.
2011 Grand Cherokee Laredo 4x4, Mrs. LUCDOG's DD.
Lots of parts not for sale, i'm a hoarder.
lucdog is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-19-2013, 09:05 PM   #860
lucdog
Web Wheeler

1980 CJ5 

I forgot, tell Beth to pack her Bikini. We're going to Table Rock Lake on Thursday.

:-)
1979 CJ7 360, TH400/Quadratrac trail Jeep.
1979 J20
1980 CJ5 trail Jeep.
1983 CJ7 pretty weekend and sometimes to work Driver in the summer, My first rebuild, if the Q-trac and 5 are broke, this one is the one to take. its just as capable as the other 2, except nice paint.
1984 Grand Wagoneer, 1 ton axles, great 360/727, and a big a$& tree fell on it .
1989 YJ the CJ to YJ conversion.
2005 TJ Rubicon.
2011 Grand Cherokee Laredo 4x4, Mrs. LUCDOG's DD.
Lots of parts not for sale, i'm a hoarder.
lucdog is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-19-2013, 11:30 PM   #861
mvigo
Web Wheeler

1985 CJ7 

keep the pics coming Scott, without them I doubt I would ever experience that part of the country...
1985 CJ-7, fuel injected 258, 2.5" Rubicon Express Extreme Duty Lift, 1" Body lift, Crabtree Shackle Hangers, T-5, Dana 300 w/ 4:1 Teralow kit, Dana 30, AMC 20 w/1 piece axle, 3.73 's with Detroit Truetrac front and rear, riding on 32x11.5x15" Cooper Discoverer STT mud terrains
mvigo is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-20-2013, 01:44 PM   #862
Skerr
<*////><

1985 CJ7 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeeper44mag View Post
We kayak on the Alafia river often and it is LOADED with Gators. They don't bother you though.... and I carry gator repellant just in case.

Luis
Where is that, Luis? I, too, carry some repellant. It even works under water!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim1611 View Post
Looks like you all had a nice time. Thanks for the pictures!
You ever drag your old butt down here I will show it to you firsthand! Same offer to you all...

Quote:
Originally Posted by lucdog View Post
Looks like a great time Scott! The problem with vacations is they end too soon. I showed Vicki the pictures, she said she's OUT on the Gators. She also told me that she and her parents were there in the late 60's early 70's.

Great pictures Scott.

You have your stuff packed for the trip to Little Rock, correct? And Dude, your toes look like fingers , them's some long SOB's.

O, if you can't make the trip, put Beth on a bus, and send her up! I'm used to Estrogen, with 2 female dogs, 2 daughters, and a wife.

If I were to get high centered, she could come to my rescue, like she did for YOU!!

Bill
She rescues me frequently! And I have to admit, it is the first-time-ever being high-centered in a boat!

Quote:
Originally Posted by lucdog View Post
I forgot, tell Beth to pack her Bikini. We're going to Table Rock Lake on Thursday.

:-)
I'm not going to tell her. She might go...

Quote:
Originally Posted by mvigo View Post
keep the pics coming Scott, without them I doubt I would ever experience that part of the country...
Same to you, Mike.

But the right word at the right time... "Hey, give me a little hug!" That's the difference between lightning and a harmless lightning bug!
Unread 08-20-2013, 04:02 PM   #863
Jeeper44mag
1978 CJ7 

The Alafia is SE of tampa. My gator repellant is the .40 cal type delivered by a Glock. Never had to use it though. When they get too curious, you just whack 'em on the head with a paddle. That seems to do a pretty good job of curbing their curiousity.

Luis
Unread 08-25-2013, 08:05 PM   #864
Skerr
<*////><

1985 CJ7 

Scoutboater, Dave, and Chris have posted comments on the XJ build. Would some of you other CJers go over there and critique the spring packs I am making? The XJers are completely silent! I don't know if I am doing right or wrong, good or bad!?

This is the last page where I am building bastard pack springs for Fallon's XJ. Thanks...

http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f11/f...l#post15836021

Unread 08-25-2013, 09:40 PM   #865
1983 CJ7 

Off the wall question Scott, but I know you are a self reliant hunter-gardener ect....have you raised meat rabbits?
Unread 08-26-2013, 08:24 PM   #866
Skerr
<*////><

1985 CJ7 

Quote:
Originally Posted by 243 View Post
Off the wall question Scott, but I know you are a self reliant hunter-gardener ect....have you raised meat rabbits?
Beth's family did, but I never have. What do you want to know? I'll find the answers for you...

Unread 08-29-2013, 08:20 AM   #867
1983 CJ7 

I am not really interested in raising rabbits now but read some interesting articles about rabbits and self reliance.

Where are you at with your Jeep, are you using it as a daily driver for now?

What are your plans for the build?
Unread 08-29-2013, 02:59 PM   #868
Skerr
<*////><

1985 CJ7 

Quote:
Originally Posted by 243 View Post
I am not really interested in raising rabbits now but read some interesting articles about rabbits and self reliance.

Where are you at with your Jeep, are you using it as a daily driver for now?

What are your plans for the build?
Yes, DDing my Jeep. It rattles and wanders and is hot, and I love it! I noticed oil spots on the hood today. Don't know why yet... haven't looked into it. I am saying that I will tear it down this winter and build it, frame off, similar to Clay's. Realistically... who knows. I doubt I can do all of that work in a single winter. Who wants to work when you can't feel your fingers!? In the meantime, I will get Fallon's XJ to a point where we can tag it and drive it. I may need it when I start building the 7. For the XJ... complete the lift, probably cut the fenders, install 33s, finish rust repair. Then, when my 7 is done, tear into Fal's.

Probably going to list the 3B on CL.

Unread 09-09-2013, 05:33 PM   #869
Skerr
<*////><

1985 CJ7 

I bought this at Lowe's. I think it was ~$70. It fits virtually perfect in the back. Wheels to roll and a pull handle too. Temporary...
cimg0001_1.jpg

cimg0002_1.jpg

Unread 09-09-2013, 07:19 PM   #870
gazzo
1984 CJ7 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skerr
I bought this at Lowe's. I think it was ~$70. It fits virtually perfect in the back. Wheels to roll and a pull handle too. Temporary...
Scott we'd get slugged 100s for something like that

http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f8/gazzos-cj10-truck-2185617/
gazzo is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.