Scott's Build Thread- 85 CJ7 - Page 51 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep CJ Forum > Scott's Build Thread- 85 CJ7

Savvy/Currie Aluminum Control ArmsSavvy FOX IFP 4" Lift Shocks in StockSavvy Aluminum Bumpers

Unread 06-20-2013, 01:29 AM   #751
jcal73
Web Wheeler

1979 CJ5 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skerr
Jeff and Bob... Thank you. Jeff... it is very good to hear from you. I was discussing you with another member a couple weeks ago.

AJ's wife came by yesterday. She said AJ is coherent. A counselor was called in. They are discussing stopping all medical practices, AJ coming home, and calling in Hospice. AJ is apparently ready to go. It appears quality of life would be so diminshed with medication that it isn't worth it to him. I understand that, but it saddens me.

On another note, on my way to work this morning I pulled up to a stop sign, mashed the brakes, and they went to the floor! No brakies!! Limped into my mechanic's shop. He confirmed the master cylinder was bad. This master is maybe 3 weeks old?? Tried to get another from AZ since it is a lifetime warranty. But I can't get one because they are doing inventory!! So AZ is closed?? No... not closed, but I can't get the part! I DO NOT understand that! So my mechanic had to get it from his source. Another master bought. Another core charge. This makes the second master cylinder from AZ that has gone bad in the past year. Beth had to come get me and take me home, and I had to drive the illegal Cherokee to work yet again! Late for work and hour and 15 minutes. Now I have to make up the time tomorrow. Grrrrrrrr....
That stinks about your brakes! At least you were able to get it stopped. I've changed jobs at work and now travel the whole country. I've been swamped with work and baseball with the kids.
Good to see the progress you and Clay have made. Sam and I are trying to get back on his jeep as time allows.
Jeff

jcal73 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-20-2013, 04:31 AM   #752
Matt1981CJ7
Web Wheeler

1981 CJ7 

Prayers sent for AJ, and the entire Skerr family.

Matt
Matt1981CJ7 is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-20-2013, 06:38 AM   #753
1983 CJ7 

Sorry to hear about AJ, I know ya'll are close
Unread 06-20-2013, 06:51 AM   #754
PROJECT 23
1985 CJ7 

So many things are going through my mind right now. I lost my oldest brother a few years ago and my father when I was 11 to cancer. Such a horrible disease that has probably affected a good number of families on this site.
Prayers have been sent to AJ, family and friends.
Unread 06-20-2013, 06:58 AM   #755
Jim1611
Web Wheeler

1985 CJ7 

Scott that's sad news about AJ but just from what you've told us about him I'm sure he'd rather pass on in his own home than in the hospital. His last days are a very good reminder that loved ones are a gift from God. Be sure to tell his wife and family that allot of us on here are praying for him and them and that he is respected and admired by many of us on here that have seen his talents.
Jim1611 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-21-2013, 05:22 AM   #756
Skerr
<*////><

1985 CJ7 

It appears the multi-quote function is taking the day off!?

Many thanks Guys.

23... my heart goes out to you, Brother. I have not lost any siblings yet, but I have two that I am wondering how they are still alive!

Jeff... I hope your current position provides all you need and then some. You must be one busy Rascal! Sam's Jeep build will come when it is time. I still have a Cherokee to get on with my 14 YO!

The day started with a bang! Literally. At 5:30 this morning an earth-shattering explosion resounded through the Kerr household. Wifey and I instantly awake, wondering?? In the end, it was a jack that kicked out on a the power pole outside the door. The jack is a circuit breaker loaded with a heavy wire. The wire burnt through causing the "explosion". Scairt the crap outta us! Kids never woke up!! Power back on at 7:30. Failure due to a bad storm during the night.

Got my Jeep back from the shop yesterday morning. New master cylinder. TONS of brakes. Hard pedal. Happily, I can say that my clucth and brake pedals are now even, where the brake was higher, and now I no longer have to lift up on the brake pedal with my toe to turn off the brake lights. These are bonuses I did not expect. My mechanic did this work for a total of $66! And that, my friends, makes it VERY "worth it" to me!

I can't believe all the electrical works on this Jeep. I have all stop/tail/signal lights, including horn. All dash lighting works... high beam indicator, brake warning light, flashers. That just makes me smile!

But the right word at the right time... "Hey, give me a little hug!" That's the difference between lightning and a harmless lightning bug!
Skerr is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-21-2013, 09:29 AM   #757
scoutboater

1974 CJ5 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skerr View Post
I can't believe all the electrical works on this Jeep. I have all stop/tail/signal lights, including horn. All dash lighting works... high beam indicator, brake warning light, flashers. That just makes me smile!
Careful now, don't start bragging...

Just kidding! Its a great feeling, isn't it?
scoutboater is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-21-2013, 09:29 AM   #758
scoutboater

1974 CJ5 

No, really, please tell me that it is a great feeling, and that it will be worth all the time I have/am going to put into it to get all the electrical working on mine...
scoutboater is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-21-2013, 11:59 AM   #759
Dadamsnv
Web Wheeler

1977 CJ5 

Quote:
Originally Posted by scoutboater
No, really, please tell me that it is a great feeling, and that it will be worth all the time I have/am going to put into it to get all the electrical working on mine...
It's a great feeling
Dadamsnv is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-21-2013, 01:57 PM   #760
lucdog
Web Wheeler

1980 CJ5 

Of all the $200 to $1200 Jeeps I've bought , all the electrical stuff has worked. Tub's on the other hand, well.....
Except for a couple horns, the relay is usually bad.

Bill
1979 CJ7 360, TH400/Quadratrac trail Jeep.
1979 J20
1980 CJ5 trail Jeep.
1983 CJ7 pretty weekend and sometimes to work Driver in the summer, My first rebuild, if the Q-trac and 5 are broke, this one is the one to take. its just as capable as the other 2, except nice paint.
1984 Grand Wagoneer, 1 ton axles, great 360/727, and a big a$& tree fell on it .
1989 YJ the CJ to YJ conversion.
2005 TJ Rubicon.
2011 Grand Cherokee Laredo 4x4, Mrs. LUCDOG's DD.
Lots of parts not for sale, i'm a hoarder.
lucdog is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-21-2013, 03:41 PM   #761
Jim1611
Web Wheeler

1985 CJ7 

Scott's just happy with his CJ because it makes him feel young. Not having brakes really wasn't that big on an issue for him. In fact it could have worked to his benefit...no brakes and he would not be able to stop for all of those women that were so awe struck at the sight of him in a topless CJ. The way it was he'd have just had to wave and roll on by, making life for him much better in the end and Mrs. Kerr much more happy with him. So you see, my friend, there is a silver lining in that cloud.
Jim1611 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-21-2013, 03:50 PM   #762
gmakra
1985 CJ7 

I think you guys are missing the point dosent Skippers Jeep have to move in order for breaks to actually be applied?
gmakra is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-21-2013, 06:36 PM   #763
Skerr
<*////><

1985 CJ7 

Dang it!! Anybody else having problems with multi-quote? I have this amazing, incredibly funny, wet-myself-laughing reply for you guys, and I can't use it!!!

But the right word at the right time... "Hey, give me a little hug!" That's the difference between lightning and a harmless lightning bug!
Unread 06-21-2013, 08:34 PM   #764
1983 CJ7 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim1611 View Post
Scott's just happy with his CJ because it makes him feel young. Not having brakes really wasn't that big on an issue for him. In fact it could have worked to his benefit...no brakes and he would not be able to stop for all of those women that were so awe struck at the sight of him in a topless CJ. The way it was he'd have just had to wave and roll on by, making life for him much better in the end and Mrs. Kerr much more happy with him. So you see, my friend, there is a silver lining in that cloud.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skerr View Post
Dang it!! Anybody else having problems with multi-quote? I have this amazing, incredibly funny, wet-myself-laughing reply for you guys, and I can't use it!!!
Multi-quote works fine if you do it old school...kinda like taking a harmonic balancer off with a hammer

BTW, I think Autozone rents the tool for free, ya know anyone that works there that can pick it up for ya on the way home?
Unread 06-22-2013, 05:41 AM   #765
Skerr
<*////><

1985 CJ7 

Quote:
Originally Posted by 243 View Post

Multi-quote works fine if you do it old school...kinda like taking a harmonic balancer off with a hammer

BTW, I think Autozone rents the tool for free, ya know anyone that works there that can pick it up for ya on the way home?
Rents the tool for free??? You mean gives them away??

Got the tool. A nice set in a plastic case. $20. Crank pulley is off the 258. Now I gotta pull the front clip and take it off the 4.0. But that's another thread!

Batching it this weekend...

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.