Scott's Build Thread- 85 CJ7 - Page 44 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep CJ Forum > Scott's Build Thread- 85 CJ7

Year End Clearance Sale! Save 20%Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineNEW!! HMF 50"-52" light bar mounting brackets!!

Unread 05-24-2013, 04:16 PM   #646
Skerr
<*////><

1985 CJ7 

Quote:
Originally Posted by HALOjmpr View Post
How about you keep a fire extinguisher handy so you don't burn the jeep or shop down before I get there.
Actually, I have 4 10#ers in the shop. My FIL has been in the fire equipment service industry his whole life. I'm pretty well protected. As long as the mud-dobbers ain't got to them!

So you're coming to the swap meet? I thought you were setting up a craft table for the Folk Festival. You going to the festival too?

Windshied frame is painted. Wait til you see the Jeep! Garnet tub, black fender, green WS frame. It's BEAUTIFUL!

It's smoking pretty bad out of the left bank. Maybe I'll rebuild Clay's engine for my 7.

But the right word at the right time... "Hey, give me a little hug!" That's the difference between lightning and a harmless lightning bug!
Skerr is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-24-2013, 04:37 PM   #647
MoC
1986 CJ7 

You need to talk to the parts store guy who is selling you theses bum parts!!! Let him know how you really feel:-)
Unread 05-24-2013, 04:40 PM   #648
1983 CJ7 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skerr View Post
Windshied frame is painted. Wait til you see the Jeep! Garnet tub, black fender, green WS frame. It's BEAUTIFUL!

It's smoking pretty bad out of the left bank. Maybe I'll rebuild Clay's engine for my 7.
A can of Krylon can make it match the fender if that green don't do it for ya!

Whats the scoop, 7's gotta be a daily driver now?

And what about the 4.3, did you ditch that idea?
Unread 05-24-2013, 08:27 PM   #649
Skerr
<*////><

1985 CJ7 

Quote:
Originally Posted by 243 View Post
A can of Krylon can make it match the fender if that green don't do it for ya!

Whats the scoop, 7's gotta be a daily driver now?

And what about the 4.3, did you ditch that idea?
Well... there's probably nobody worse than me for changning gears. I still want to do the 4.3. BUT... I have a 'Migo who wants to buy the van. He has offered $1200. I am thinking hard about it. That would cover the tires for my Jeep, or paint and body, etc, etc. Clay just got a job, and he starts Thursday. Now 3 of us need dependable transportation. Beth wants my truck, Clay can have the van, and I will drive my Jeep. In the meantime, Clay and I will shove his engine in his Jeep, wire it up, and haul it to the nechanic and let him make it run. I am out of time.

If I take Clay's engine and build it right it should be pretty fun. Just listening to MY 258 with headers and turbos gets me excited! So yeah... for now it's Clay's engine... unless I change my mind again!!

But the right word at the right time... "Hey, give me a little hug!" That's the difference between lightning and a harmless lightning bug!
Unread 05-25-2013, 07:39 AM   #650
Skerr
<*////><

1985 CJ7 

Here are some pictures of the fun we had at our house yesterday. We finally got our carpet installed in our den. Home Depot has been riding the carpet horse since March! Looks nice, and now it's complete... but I don't have a finished picture.

Here are my two youngest digging potatoes. These are Red Pontiac.

And my WS frame. It was sprayed with Ospho several times and stored in the shop. I sanded it with 150, blew it off, wiped it down with Prep All, primed with 2K primer, and finally sprayed with this "Ready to Spray" single-stage paint that my auto-paint-shop-guy mixed for me. I thought I would like my Jeep to be the color of self-etching primer! When we painted Clay's rollcage I liked the green so well that I had a quart mixed that matched it. I believe it would look good with black accent, but I'm not sure I'm liking the color. Not really enough to give it an honest shot, but you be the judge...
cimg0001_1.jpg   cimg0002_1.jpg   cimg0005_1.jpg   cimg0009_1.jpg   cimg0012_1.jpg  

cimg0013_1.jpg   cimg0015_1.jpg   cimg0021_1.jpg  

Unread 05-25-2013, 10:14 AM   #651
Turtle71
1983 CJ7 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skerr

And aNOTHer one avatar-less! 'Sup wit dat, Turtle!?

Karma, huh? Karma gave me a bad fuel pump right outtadabox! Leaks like a sieve! But ze Jeep... she fires right up! Rumble, Rumble...

Another new fuel pump manana...
I was referring to Clay doing something on your CJ after all you have done on his. not sure what happened with the avatar. I tried to change it unsuccessfully and now there's none??? Are you changing from garnet? For greens my fav is the OD green that Jim is doing.
Unread 05-25-2013, 11:09 AM   #652
WNC-84CJ7
1984 CJ7 

Turtle- your membership ran out= no avatar.
"No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms. The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government"
-- Thomas Jefferson, 1 Thomas Jefferson Papers, 334
WNC-84CJ7 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-25-2013, 02:44 PM   #653
Dadamsnv
Web Wheeler

1977 CJ5 

Paint looks good on the saw horses! Looks less good on the jeep with all the color clash. I like it, it though. Reminds me of a light olive drab
Dadamsnv is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-25-2013, 05:34 PM   #654
Skerr
<*////><

1985 CJ7 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turtle71 View Post
I was referring to Clay doing something on your CJ after all you have done on his. not sure what happened with the avatar. I tried to change it unsuccessfully and now there's none??? Are you changing from garnet? For greens my fav is the OD green that Jim is doing.
I know... I'm just picking on ya!

Quote:
Originally Posted by WNC-84CJ7 View Post
Turtle- your membership ran out= no avatar.
I dunno Chris... the new owners told me my membership was expiring a couple months ago, but it doesn't expire until September. Eddie got it straightened out for me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dadamsnv View Post
Paint looks good on the saw horses! Looks less good on the jeep with all the color clash. I like it, it though. Reminds me of a light olive drab
Color clash? What color clash?

We had a fun day today. It isn't very often that you get to physically meet a forum Jeep buddy, but I had that privilege today. HALOjumper and his wife came to White Springs today for a special function, and we ended up spending the morning together. I thoroughly enjoyed my time with them, and it was like seeing someone that has been a friend for years. We walked down to the local historic hardware store and took a few pics, then we went to eat at the local hole-in-the-wall. Here are the pics from the day.
cimg0002_1.jpg   cimg0003_1.jpg   cimg0005_1.jpg   cimg0006_1.jpg   cimg0007_1.jpg  

cimg0008_1.jpg   cimg0010_1.jpg   cimg0011_1.jpg  

Unread 05-25-2013, 06:18 PM   #655
lucdog
Web Wheeler

1980 CJ5 

Well that's just really cool to get a chance like that. How come no one comes to Illinois? Could it be because of the professor?

I'd go with khaki paint. Then you can be like Billy G.

Bill
1979 CJ7 360, TH400/Quadratrac trail Jeep.
1979 J20
1980 CJ5 trail Jeep.
1983 CJ7 pretty weekend and sometimes to work Driver in the summer, My first rebuild, if the Q-trac and 5 are broke, this one is the one to take. its just as capable as the other 2, except nice paint.
1984 Grand Wagoneer, 1 ton axles, great 360/727, and a big a$& tree fell on it .
1989 YJ the CJ to YJ conversion.
2005 TJ Rubicon.
2011 Grand Cherokee Laredo 4x4, Mrs. LUCDOG's DD.
Lots of parts not for sale, i'm a hoarder.
lucdog is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-25-2013, 06:23 PM   #656
Jim1611
Web Wheeler

1985 CJ7 

You're an old man and you can drive whatever color Jeep you want. Multi colored or not it aint gonna matter. Just get it running old dude.

What professor Bill?
Jim1611 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-25-2013, 06:44 PM   #657
lucdog
Web Wheeler

1980 CJ5 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim1611
You're an old man and you can drive whatever color Jeep you want. Multi colored or not it aint gonna matter. Just get it running old dude.

What professor Bill?
Gmakra.

Jim is 100% correct. Any one that doesn't like the color just tell them it's a CJ and KMA.

O' , if you worried about the primer, paint it Black.

Bill
1979 J20
1980 CJ5 trail Jeep.
1983 CJ7 pretty weekend and sometimes to work Driver in the summer, My first rebuild, if the Q-trac and 5 are broke, this one is the one to take. its just as capable as the other 2, except nice paint.
1984 Grand Wagoneer, 1 ton axles, great 360/727, and a big a$& tree fell on it .
2005 TJ Rubicon.
Unread 05-26-2013, 01:24 AM   #658
HALOjmpr
You want what, when?

1982 CJ7 

Quote:
Originally Posted by lucdog

Gmakra.

Jim is 100% correct. Any one that doesn't like the color just tell them it's a CJ and KMA.

O' , if you worried about the primer, paint it Black.

Bill
Mine is rust covered by rattle can green and black. Now it has red junk yard half doors too. It's. jeep, still cool and people still love it! Make it a tie dye jeep, it'll still be cool!

My jeep project "Rustful Dead"
HALOjmpr is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-26-2013, 08:03 AM   #659
gmakra
1985 CJ7 

Billy are you saying that I am the cause of people fleeing Illinois?

Wow thanks
gmakra is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-26-2013, 08:12 AM   #660
lucdog
Web Wheeler

1980 CJ5 

Quote:
Originally Posted by gmakra
Billy are you saying that I am the cause of people fleeing Illinois?

Wow thanks
Maybe, :-) . But since the new job and all the traveling you've been doing , people all over the nation are moving.
There has also been a 8' fence with a razor wire top put up around Goofy Ridge.

Morning Scottie!

Bill
Edit, Gators?

image-1560247543.jpg
1979 J20
1980 CJ5 trail Jeep.
2005 TJ Rubicon.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.