Scott's Build Thread- 85 CJ7 - Page 40 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep CJ Forum > Scott's Build Thread- 85 CJ7

RIGID LED Light Blowout Sale - All Sizes, All Series, all Truc-Lite LED Headlights! OCONEE OFF-ROAD 706-534-9955Jeep Wrangler Bushwacker Flat Fender Flare Sale at Baselin

Unread 03-23-2013, 04:53 PM   #586
CjHouch

1976 CJ5 

Way to go. It won't be long and you'll be Jeeping!! I prefer buckets however your bench seat looks cool. I bet those 04 seats would be comfy. I say go for it.

CjHouch is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-23-2013, 05:39 PM   #587
1983 CJ7 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skerr View Post
Today I got the intake and headers bolted up, the power steering pump, and the new alternator installed. I still have to seal the hole in the intake, and I have to rebuild the carb. Also, I have to connect the headers to the duals. Then I'll be ready to start up. I still have to reinstall the windshield frame and glass. I think I'll just paint it an odd color that I have on the shelf, rather than trying to paint it the final color, since I'm not sure what color I am going to use!

The big pending repair is changing out the clutch. Bill gave me a deal on a gently used clutch a short time ago. I have never done this, but I'm sure I can get it done. I'm planning on driving it, chatter and all, for a little bit before I drop the tranny. The weather should be very Jeepy here in 3 or 4 more weeks. This winter I am thinking I will pull it all down and do the frame-off repair it deserves. Also, I need to do the regear for front and rear axles... another courtesy of Bill!

I have the option to bring home an '04(?) Cherokee for $200. It has no drivetrain except axles. The interior and body is near perfect. I'm thinking I could use the seats in my 7 and the Chrysler 8.25 axle under Fallon's Cherokee, then part it out. Should I go buckets (I like Clay's) or find a better bench set up? This decision has an impact on whether I get the Cherokee.

If the body and interior is near perfect, would that save you work on Fallon's XJ?
Unread 03-23-2013, 05:46 PM   #588
lucdog
Web Wheeler

1980 CJ5 

What are you going to use to repair the hole in the intake? Pipe threads and a plug I hope.
I like buckets for the reason of having a center consul, and a cup holder.

Guess what buddy, were Supposed to get 4 to 6" of snow by tomorrow night.

Bill
1979 CJ7 360, TH400/Quadratrac trail Jeep.
1979 J20
1980 CJ5 trail Jeep.
1983 CJ7 pretty weekend and sometimes to work Driver in the summer, My first rebuild, if the Q-trac and 5 are broke, this one is the one to take. its just as capable as the other 2, except nice paint.
1984 Grand Wagoneer, 1 ton axles, great 360/727, and a big a$& tree fell on it .
1989 YJ the CJ to YJ conversion.
2005 TJ Rubicon.
2011 Grand Cherokee Laredo 4x4, Mrs. LUCDOG's DD.
Lots of parts not for sale, i'm a hoarder.
lucdog is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-23-2013, 07:08 PM   #589
Skerr
<*////><

1985 CJ7 

Quote:
Originally Posted by CjHouch View Post
Way to go. It won't be long and you'll be Jeeping!! I prefer buckets however your bench seat looks cool. I bet those 04 seats would be comfy. I say go for it.
I like the buckets we placed in my son's Jeep. They're from a Grand Am and comfortable. Making me rethink my seats.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 243 View Post
If the body and interior is near perfect, would that save you work on Fallon's XJ?
I was wondering the same thing. Fal's interior is excellent. There is only a little rust, and Clay has welded most of it. I don't think the panels are compatible, so I'm not sure there is any benefit in getting the XJ. There is no title, so I can't set him up to drive it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lucdog View Post
What are you going to use to repair the hole in the intake? Pipe threads and a plug I hope.

Bill
Planning on using a sealant on a bolt and running it into the hole. It is the upper mount for the pwr steering pump. I don't know what kind of temps to expect from an intake so that will have an impact on what is used. I have some avaition gasket sealant on the shelf that I think would work great, but again, I have to research the temps.

The buckets definitely lend themselves to harnesses better than bench. And after watching your videos I can guarantee we will get involved in some Jeep club somewhere! But still, I'm going to investigate a Ranger and an S-10 bench with the incoporated console. Not sure they will even fit?

It has rained since last night. Still raining now, and supposed to go all day tomorrow. Flood warnings in effect again, but we are high-and-dry. Temps are good though, and we have harvested turnips, carrots, cauliflower, and broccoli. Potatoes are up and the onions are bulbing. I like this time of year!

But the right word at the right time... "Hey, give me a little hug!" That's the difference between lightning and a harmless lightning bug!
Skerr is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-24-2013, 09:06 AM   #590
8pitcher
1988 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by lucdog

Bill
You too?
Got 8" here
[URL="http://groups.jeepforum.com/built-not-bought/"][COLOR="Black"]Built Not Bought #640[/COLOR][/URL][/FONT][/SIZE][/COLOR][/CENTER][/COLOR]

1976ish cj5 304 t18 d20 2.5" lift

some year YJ custom frame HP D60 14 bolt 4 linked front rear FI 350 700r4 NP231c

2009 JK 4 door 2.5" lift 35" tires custom bumpers mile marker 9500# winch
8pitcher is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-27-2013, 04:49 PM   #591
Skerr
<*////><

1985 CJ7 

Tore out the wall between the dining room and den. Tore out the kitchen tile. Tore out the school room carpet. Tore out out the carpet in den/dining area (now a BIG freakin den!), applied knock-down to all the walls, framed out the doors, laid vinyl plank in in kitchen and NEW dining room (former school room), painted the walls with DARING colors (daring for us bland folk), carpet bought/installed by Home Depot (to the tune of $1600freakingdollarsforonefreakingBIGAZZroom), and had the carpet rep out just a moment ago because IT'S BUGGERED (buggered just doesn't quite accomplish the emotional feeling I am experiencing at the moment!)! "Ahh, well, umm, yes, maybe, it's possible that could be poorly done, umm, I'll have to check my drawings, that certainly is suspect..." LAME! My house is STILL torn apart. WAITING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! AAAAAAARRRRRRGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH...

But the right word at the right time... "Hey, give me a little hug!" That's the difference between lightning and a harmless lightning bug!
Unread 03-27-2013, 06:06 PM   #592
WNC-84CJ7
1984 CJ7 

Goosefrabba bro. You have your family and health (and weird friends like us). What's up wit da job stuff??
"No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms. The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government"
-- Thomas Jefferson, 1 Thomas Jefferson Papers, 334
WNC-84CJ7 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-27-2013, 07:05 PM   #593
Skerr
<*////><

1985 CJ7 

Quote:
Originally Posted by WNC-84CJ7 View Post
Goosefrabba bro. You have your family and health (and weird friends like us). What's up wit da job stuff??
Goosefrabba?? Is that like chicken gizzards?

Nothing from either job interview, which I take as a negative sign! But hoping yet...

Unread 03-27-2013, 07:21 PM   #594
WNC-84CJ7
1984 CJ7 

"No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms. The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government"
Unread 03-27-2013, 08:19 PM   #595
Scott3140

1998 TJ Wrangler 

Goosfraba thats a good one. Scott did you at least get to keep the buggered carpet to put down under the cj that we have not herd about lately.
Scott3140 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-28-2013, 11:18 AM   #596
Skerr
<*////><

1985 CJ7 

I feel so much better!

No decisions on the carpet yet. They may replace the whole room.

Unread 03-30-2013, 06:50 PM   #597
Skerr
<*////><

1985 CJ7 

Carpet rep came out and very carefully refused to accept any responsibility. He is laying it all to the manufacturer. It is not a manufacturer issue, but I don't care how it is resolved, so long as it is resolved.

Rebuilt the MC2100 on my Jeep this evening. This carb WAS on Clay's Jeep (he has mine). Clay rebuilt it but it never ran well. I'm hoping it was because it was his first time and it wasn't correct. I can see nothing wrong with it. Or maybe I have MoC's disease!? The carb is a 1.08 and I rejetted it with 46s. Let's see what happens...

Unread 03-30-2013, 07:35 PM   #598
WNC-84CJ7
1984 CJ7 

Good luck slim. Happy Easter!
Unread 03-30-2013, 08:07 PM   #599
Skerr
<*////><

1985 CJ7 

Thanks, Chris.

He is Risen.

Unread 03-30-2013, 08:26 PM   #600
WNC-84CJ7
1984 CJ7 

He is! Amen bro.

I had a carpet issue in a rental I built one time a few years ago. The carpet was clearly different colors. The whole room came off the same roll, but where the seam was, one side was darker. The rep said (which I confirmed later) that the ends of carpet rolls are often a little darker because the carpet hangs to dry, and the dye gravitates to the bottom of the sheets. In my case it was particularly bad. Still no love on the price.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.