Scott's Build Thread- 85 CJ7 - Page 33 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep CJ Forum > Scott's Build Thread- 85 CJ7

Dan's Old as Dirt Birthday Sale!Premium LED Lighting by VISION X, Proudly sold at ROCKRIDGGEARSHADE Pocket Tops in stock and available at ROCKRIDGE

Unread 02-20-2013, 11:01 AM   #481
Renegade82
Web Wheeler

1982 CJ7 

Gawd! I feel soooo bad Scott. This was all my fault too! In my hast to type up a Jeeper's solution, I forgot to mention the part about a second rope, with a cow bell on it to tie around your waist so you can alert someone to fetch you a different wrench! That might have come in handy, given your subsequent ordeal. I apologize.

On another note. Maybe you should think about keeping your Diet Coke in smaller containers. They sell 7oz. lightweight plastic bottles up north here. I'll ship you some down. It's the least I could do. Again I apologize.

Renegade82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-20-2013, 01:36 PM   #482
gmakra
1985 CJ7 

Either that or switch to Pepsi
gmakra is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-20-2013, 02:09 PM   #483
lucdog
Web Wheeler

1980 CJ5 

Make that lite Pepsi.

Bill
1979 CJ7 360, TH400/Quadratrac trail Jeep.
1979 J20
1980 CJ5 trail Jeep.
1983 CJ7 pretty weekend and sometimes to work Driver in the summer, My first rebuild, if the Q-trac and 5 are broke, this one is the one to take. its just as capable as the other 2, except nice paint.
1984 Grand Wagoneer, 1 ton axles, great 360/727, and a big a$& tree fell on it .
1989 YJ the CJ to YJ conversion.
2005 TJ Rubicon.
2011 Grand Cherokee Laredo 4x4, Mrs. LUCDOG's DD.
Lots of parts not for sale, i'm a hoarder.
lucdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-20-2013, 03:29 PM   #484
Skerr
<*////><

1985 CJ7 

Ohhhh... it gets better, but I ain't telling!

"Contemplate the mangled bodies of your countrymen, and then say 'what should be the reward of such sacrifices?' ... If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude than the animated contest of freedom, go from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains sit lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen!" —Samuel Adams

Clay's Build Thread
http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f8/cl...hread-1061897/
Scott's Build Thread
http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f8/sc...5-cj7-1147913/
Fallon (and Dad) Build Thread
http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f11/f...-okee-1445206/
Skerr is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-20-2013, 04:36 PM   #485
Cutlass327
Web Wheeler

1978 CJ5 

Been just lurking lately, sounds like that Diet Coke has you, too! My gf is addicted to it, about all she drinks!

And planting taters already? I'm saying this with a light dusting of snow and 19* out here... just seems odd planting so early since the ground is frozen!

Hope things turn out better soon, I know I go nuts being down for a couple days with illness or injury. Weeks were torture!

1978 CJ5 258/T177/D300, '86 D30/D44 WT axles, 'glass tub windshield frame, and fenders, 31x10.5 BFG A/T, TDK galv'd frame - DD and weekend toy

http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f8/ri...8-cj5-1223197/
Cutlass327 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-20-2013, 05:20 PM   #486
SheGator

Scott sorry to hear your in such pain. However, my true sympathy is with your lovely wife who has to put up with you whining. Really laid up for 2 weeks from wanting a Coke. I am sure Vicki likes the idea "Tie the rope around your ankles and throw the other end up over a branch in that tall tree. Now pull the Jeep up to you and tie the end around the bumper." But I bet she is not thinking about putting the rope around your ankles. So Vickie hope your surviving, my deepest sympathy. And Scott stop milking this and go back to drinking ice tea.
Feel better soon!
SheGator is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-20-2013, 06:32 PM   #487
lucdog
Web Wheeler

1980 CJ5 

O no, does this mean Scott's wife BETH, is swapping with my wife.
Rofl
Bill
1979 CJ7 360, TH400/Quadratrac trail Jeep.
1979 J20
1980 CJ5 trail Jeep.
1983 CJ7 pretty weekend and sometimes to work Driver in the summer, My first rebuild, if the Q-trac and 5 are broke, this one is the one to take. its just as capable as the other 2, except nice paint.
1984 Grand Wagoneer, 1 ton axles, great 360/727, and a big a$& tree fell on it .
1989 YJ the CJ to YJ conversion.
2005 TJ Rubicon.
2011 Grand Cherokee Laredo 4x4, Mrs. LUCDOG's DD.
Lots of parts not for sale, i'm a hoarder.
lucdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-20-2013, 11:29 PM   #488
Cutlass327
Web Wheeler

1978 CJ5 

I knew you guys were good friends, but wife swapping?

SheGator, don't feel bad, I read this thing at least once a day and can't keep names straight!

1978 CJ5 258/T177/D300, '86 D30/D44 WT axles, 'glass tub windshield frame, and fenders, 31x10.5 BFG A/T, TDK galv'd frame - DD and weekend toy

http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f8/ri...8-cj5-1223197/
Cutlass327 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-20-2013, 11:40 PM   #489
8pitcher
bad*** jeeper

1988 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cutlass327

SheGator, don't feel bad, I read this thing at least once a day and can't keep names straight!
So who is this scot guy I keep hearing about? He sounds alright I guess haha.

Sorry hear bout yer back man get better and don't be like my dad and have 3 back surgeries where they eventually rip out 2 vertebrae to crush up and put into titanium bolts to hold it all together. Now he has a big space in his lower back that of I hit just right I could paralyze him. I wouldn't do it though then that means I'd have to actually do work. Haha.

Get well soon bud. And stop drinking diet it's what's killin you. Killin my grandma too. Regular dr pepper is what you gotta drink. Or iced tea
Built Not Bought #640[/FONT][/SIZE][/COLOR][/CENTER][/COLOR]

1976ish cj5 304 t18 d20 2.5" lift

some year YJ custom frame HP D60 14 bolt 4 linked front rear FI 350 700r4 NP231c

2009 JK 4 door 2.5" lift 35" tires custom bumpers mile marker 9500# winch
8pitcher is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-21-2013, 03:32 AM   #490
gmakra
1985 CJ7 

Hey guys the mix up of the names was on me since she asked me and I goofed! But I had no idea what she was gonna post so Skipper dont get mad at me!
However you see what kind of sympathy the She-Gator gives and that fellows is how she got the name She-Gator!!!!!!
gmakra is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-21-2013, 06:20 AM   #491
WNC-84CJ7
1984 CJ7 

Scott, I think you should read this.

http://www.foxnews.com/health/2012/0...ters-coke-day/
"No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms. The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government"
-- Thomas Jefferson, 1 Thomas Jefferson Papers, 334
WNC-84CJ7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-21-2013, 09:11 AM   #492
VACJ7
Hockey Rules!

1984 CJ7 

Scott, sorry to hear you are in that much pain. I know how it feels. They finally got my pain under control with some patch thing. It works great!

P
Unread 02-22-2013, 09:27 AM   #493
Skerr
<*////><

1985 CJ7 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cutlass327 View Post
Been just lurking lately, sounds like that Diet Coke has you, too! My gf is addicted to it, about all she drinks!

And planting taters already? I'm saying this with a light dusting of snow and 19* out here... just seems odd planting so early since the ground is frozen!

Hope things turn out better soon, I know I go nuts being down for a couple days with illness or injury. Weeks were torture!
Gotta keep in mind it's going to be 82* here today. We should get a little more cold weather, but this winter has been ultra mild! The idea is to have mature potatoes before it gets HOT (it takes between 100 to 120 days for maturity), or they turn to "butter" in the ground.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SheGator View Post
Scott sorry to hear your in such pain. However, my true sympathy is with your lovely wife who has to put up with you whining. Really laid up for 2 weeks from wanting a Coke. I am sure Vicki likes the idea "Tie the rope around your ankles and throw the other end up over a branch in that tall tree. Now pull the Jeep up to you and tie the end around the bumper." But I bet she is not thinking about putting the rope around your ankles. So Vickie hope your surviving, my deepest sympathy. And Scott stop milking this and go back to drinking ice tea.
Feel better soon!
mmm-mmm-mmmm. Alright, Gatorette! I can see I need to have more compassion for George. All along he's been telling the truth! And Vicki is BILL'S wife. Mine is Beth. But I can understand the mistake. I mean, the names sound the same, have the same number of syllables, etc, etc.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lucdog View Post
O no, does this mean Scott's wife BETH, is swapping with my wife.
Rofl
Bill
Somehow, we have BOTH been missing out. I wonder why I never noticed?? Maybe because of age?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cutlass327 View Post

It takes them 3 days just to trade places so we only have them one day a week. And they spend that one day cleaning up the house. No wonder I never noticed...

Quote:
Originally Posted by 8pitcher View Post
So who is this scot guy I keep hearing about? He sounds alright I guess haha.

Sorry hear bout yer back man get better and don't be like my dad and have 3 back surgeries where they eventually rip out 2 vertebrae to crush up and put into titanium bolts to hold it all together. Now he has a big space in his lower back that of I hit just right I could paralyze him. I wouldn't do it though then that means I'd have to actually do work. Haha.

Get well soon bud. And stop drinking diet it's what's killin you. Killin my grandma too. Regular dr pepper is what you gotta drink. Or iced tea
Tough for your dad, Trent. It makes me hurt just thinking about the pain he must live with.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gmakra View Post
Hey guys the mix up of the names was on me since she asked me and I goofed! But I had no idea what she was gonna post so Skipper dont get mad at me!
However you see what kind of sympathy the She-Gator gives and that fellows is how she got the name She-Gator!!!!!!
I feel for ya, Bud. I will pray more fervently for you from now on! And you shold get more sleep to keep your mind sharp!

Quote:
Originally Posted by WNC-84CJ7 View Post
Scott, I think you should read this.

http://www.foxnews.com/health/2012/0...ters-coke-day/
10 LITERS A DAY!?!? OMG! I drink maybe two cans a day, and this past couple weeks I have had maybe one or two total. I am not in that category. And I get PLENTY of nutrition!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by VACJ7 View Post
Scott, sorry to hear you are in that much pain. I know how it feels. They finally got my pain under control with some patch thing. It works great!

P
I even hesitated to post it up. Compared to what you have been going through it is such a small issue. But you're stronger than I am, and I needed some sympathy to salve my lowered spirits. But then BILL posted up his little splinter boo-boo, and I realized I was major league!

I am glad to hear your good news, Paul, and that you are recovering, albeit slowly. Just think... when you are completely healed, you can get a tatoo on your chest that says "BUILT- NOT BOUGHT"!

"Contemplate the mangled bodies of your countrymen, and then say 'what should be the reward of such sacrifices?' ... If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude than the animated contest of freedom, go from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains sit lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen!" —Samuel Adams

Clay's Build Thread
http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f8/cl...hread-1061897/
Scott's Build Thread
http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f8/sc...5-cj7-1147913/
Fallon (and Dad) Build Thread
http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f11/f...-okee-1445206/
Skerr is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-22-2013, 08:42 PM   #494
SheGator

I figure you guys swap jeep parts wives wouldn't be an issue.
SheGator is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-22-2013, 08:57 PM   #495
Dadamsnv
Web Wheeler

1977 CJ5 

Quote:
Originally Posted by SheGator
I figure you guys swap jeep parts wives wouldn't be an issue.
Haha
Dadamsnv is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.