Scott's Build Thread- 85 CJ7 - Page 32 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep CJ Forum > Scott's Build Thread- 85 CJ7

ANOTHER Rockridge4wd Creation!! Spare Tire Carrier Delete ROCKRIDGE4WD Introduces a NEW Jeep Wrangler JK *led* tail Engo winches available at www.rockridge4wd.com! Free shipp

Unread 02-15-2013, 06:54 AM   #466
pman
Web Wheeler

1988 YJ Wrangler 

Bill, I'm glad this iPad doesn't have a mechanical keyboard, as I just spit coffee all over it! Too funny! Gazzo, I hope you're not sleeping in the Jeep for the next few days! Yikes!!! Sounds similar to what happens around my house.

Skipper-praying for a healthy back and a lift from the "blues". Back issues are brutal. Wish I lived close so I could swing by to check in on you!

82 CJ8 Scrambler 258-t5-Dana 300
http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f8/cj...-lulu-1350563/
pman is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-15-2013, 07:09 AM   #467
Matt1981CJ7
Web Wheeler

1981 CJ7 

Scott,

Get off your sorry arse, pop a couple of Advil or an Aleve, and get back to work.

Actually, I know exactly what your are going thru, and it blows. Don't make a habit out of feeling this way. The body has amazing healing powers, if you keep a positive frame of mind.

Good luck, and prayers sent from Colorado.

Matt
Matt1981CJ7 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-15-2013, 12:02 PM   #468
Dadamsnv
Web Wheeler

1977 CJ5 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt1981CJ7
Scott,

Get off your sorry arse, pop a couple of Advil or an Aleve, and get back to work.

Actually, I know exactly what your are going thru, and it blows. Don't make a habit out of feeling this way. The body has amazing healing powers, if you keep a positive frame of mind.

Good luck, and prayers sent from Colorado.

Matt
Matt is 100% right Scott!

I had a manager once who was suffering from the same deal. He finally cracked and tried several odd cures like acupuncture and whatnot. He eventually decided he wouldn't let it get him down anymore when nothing worked. He got positive and started eating super healthy, and within months his body started to heal itself, now he lives without any pain and his back is repaired.
Dadamsnv is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-15-2013, 01:43 PM   #469
hasselback
Sophisticated Red Neck

1984 CJ7 

I feel your pain Skerr, literally! I had an MRI 2 weeks ago which showed 2 ruptured disc's. I'm still getting around fine, but I pay the price at the end of the day. I got a consult with a back surgeon next week. Not looking forward to it! So it's all hands on deck now in an attempt to finish my jeep before I get cut open and put out of commission for the summer. Back problems suck!
hasselback is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-18-2013, 11:21 AM   #470
Renegade82
Web Wheeler

1982 CJ7 

Look guys, this is a Jeep forum. He's got a Jeep problem (can't be with it) so let's fix his problems with a Jeep. Scott, have your sons go round up a long rope and a tall tree. Tie the rope around your ankles and throw the other end up over a branch in that tall tree. Now pull the Jeep up to you and tie the end around the bumper. Back up the Jeep till you head is off the ground (high enough that small critters can't reach). At this point you should be staring at your Jeep while simultaneously stretching out your backbone. This is called a Yankee Jeep Gravity Swing.
Do this 3 times a day for 15 minutes at a time. Not only will it fix yer back but you'll also have a whole new list of ideas for things to do to the Jeep!
Renegade82 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-18-2013, 12:10 PM   #471
Dadamsnv
Web Wheeler

1977 CJ5 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Renegade82
Look guys, this is a Jeep forum. He's got a Jeep problem (can't be with it) so let's fix his problems with a Jeep. Scott, have your sons go round up a long rope and a tall tree. Tie the rope around your ankles and throw the other end up over a branch in that tall tree. Now pull the Jeep up to you and tie the end around the bumper. Back up the Jeep till you head is off the ground (high enough that small critters can't reach). At this point you should be staring at your Jeep while simultaneously stretching out your backbone. This is called a Yankee Jeep Gravity Swing.
Do this 3 times a day for 15 minutes at a time. Not only will it fix yer back but you'll also have a whole new list of ideas for things to do to the Jeep!
Fabulous idea. Make it one step easier and use a winch
Unread 02-18-2013, 02:26 PM   #472
Renegade82
Web Wheeler

1982 CJ7 

I was going to say that but his doesn't have one and if I remember right his boy's doesn't either. But yeah if it did he could use the remote and do all that by his lonesome. He could even do it directly over the Jeeps engine bay and do some hard to reach wrenchin' on it while just ......hangin' out!
Renegade82 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-18-2013, 09:06 PM   #473
Dadamsnv
Web Wheeler

1977 CJ5 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Renegade82
I was going to say that but his doesn't have one and if I remember right his boy's doesn't either. But yeah if it did he could use the remote and do all that by his lonesome. He could even do it directly over the Jeeps engine bay and do some hard to reach wrenchin' on it while just ......hangin' out!
This idea gets better and better. Too bad he doesn't have a winch.
Unread 02-19-2013, 07:03 PM   #474
Skerr
<*////><

1985 CJ7 

WOW! YOU GUYS ROCK!!

LOVE the card, Bill... you cheap bastij!

How can a guy stay down when I have "International Best Wishes"? This is really great, and I appreciate it so much.

I don't think I have a serious back problem. The x-ray says it's a muscle. I just don't understand why I have had so much pain for so long. In the past, this type of injury only lasted 3 or 4 days. And I hate to tell you guys what I did, but ya'll deserve a good laugh! You ready?? Okay... I was wrestling alligators. No... really. I can tell you don't believe me. Alright. I lifted the back end of my F150 so my wife could change the tire. No? You still don't buy it!? You guys are a hard sell. How 'bout this... I reached into the fridge to get a Diet Coke. Yep. That's it. That's all I did. Reached into the fridge!

Saw the Doc again today, and a CT Scan and MRI are scheduled for Thursday. We will know by this Friday what is ailing me. Keep your fingers crossed.

Tried Rene's rope-tying, Jeep pulling, head-hanging, back-straightening trick. had to get the 'Ol Lady" to drive the truck. The gas pedal stuck (as it usually does first time it is cranked for the day) and she goosed it a bit. Pulled me up to quickly!! I was screaming for her to stop, but she had my new Johnny Cash CD blaring over the stereo, and she didn't hear me. My heels hit the limb (at 30 MPH, 27' above the ground) and it launched me toward the neighbors goat pen! The goats saw me coming and they scrambled in horror just as I was about to hit the shed roof. Bout that time the rope pulled tight, and I was snatched away, in the nick of time I might add, but only to land in our Blackberry patch. After plowing a new furrow to the end of the patch my wife looked back to see how I was doing. She didn't see me, and she thought I had untied the rope and went inside. So she headed to town to do her weekly shopping.

When I fully recover I will fill in the grissly details, but the doc just gave me another pain shot. So I'll "talk" to you guys later!

Blessings, Boys!

But the right word at the right time... "Hey, give me a little hug!" That's the difference between lightning and a harmless lightning bug!
Skerr is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-19-2013, 07:26 PM   #475
gmakra
1985 CJ7 

Skipper Scotty according to my calculations the slow southern drawl along with all the time you spend yakking, have put undo pressure on the area around funny bone which then throws your fanny perpendicular out of alignment thus causing you the immense pain you feel now. And the bad jokes dont help this situation either!

Now i figure if you loose that southern drawl and start mimicking the Yankee boat yard owners accent while at a crowed parking lot of your favorite alcoholic beverage stand should cure what ails you along with providing entertainment for the locals.

The she-gator say get well soon.
gmakra is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-19-2013, 07:38 PM   #476
Skerr
<*////><

1985 CJ7 

Quote:
Originally Posted by gmakra View Post
Skipper Scotty according to my calculations the slow southern drawl along with all the time you spend yakking, have put undo pressure on the area around funny bone which then throws your fanny perpendicular out of alignment thus causing you the immense pain you feel now. And the bad jokes dont help this situation either!

Now i figure if you loose that southern drawl and start mimicking the Yankee boat yard owners accent while at a crowed parking lot of your favorite alcoholic beverage stand should cure what ails you along with providing entertainment for the locals.

The she-gator say get well soon.
Ay-yah Jawj. Me thanks you and best wishes to the Gatorette!

But the right word at the right time... "Hey, give me a little hug!" That's the difference between lightning and a harmless lightning bug!
Unread 02-19-2013, 07:56 PM   #477
Skerr
<*////><

1985 CJ7 

This is the Goings-On at the Kerrs!

Between planting taters, applying knock-down, painting, and busting out tile, I am worn out! Actually, I can't take any credit. I haven't done anything, and the tater planting was before my backache. Our house is a mess!
cimg0343_1.jpg   cimg0314_1.jpg   cimg0375_1.jpg   cimg0380_1.jpg  

Unread 02-20-2013, 12:25 AM   #478
Dadamsnv
Web Wheeler

1977 CJ5 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skerr
WOW! YOU GUYS ROCK!!

LOVE the card, Bill... you cheap bastij!

How can a guy stay down when I have "International Best Wishes"? This is really great, and I appreciate it so much.

I don't think I have a serious back problem. The x-ray says it's a muscle. I just don't understand why I have had so much pain for so long. In the past, this type of injury only lasted 3 or 4 days. And I hate to tell you guys what I did, but ya'll deserve a good laugh! You ready?? Okay... I was wrestling alligators. No... really. I can tell you don't believe me. Alright. I lifted the back end of my F150 so my wife could change the tire. No? You still don't buy it!? You guys are a hard sell. How 'bout this... I reached into the fridge to get a Diet Coke. Yep. That's it. That's all I did. Reached into the fridge!

Saw the Doc again today, and a CT Scan and MRI are scheduled for Thursday. We will know by this Friday what is ailing me. Keep your fingers crossed.

Tried Rene's rope-tying, Jeep pulling, head-hanging, back-straightening trick. had to get the 'Ol Lady" to drive the truck. The gas pedal stuck (as it usually does first time it is cranked for the day) and she goosed it a bit. Pulled me up to quickly!! I was screaming for her to stop, but she had my new Johnny Cash CD blaring over the stereo, and she didn't hear me. My heels hit the limb (at 30 MPH, 27' above the ground) and it launched me toward the neighbors goat pen! The goats saw me coming and they scrambled in horror just as I was about to hit the shed roof. Bout that time the rope pulled tight, and I was snatched away, in the nick of time I might add, but only to land in our Blackberry patch. After plowing a new furrow to the end of the patch my wife looked back to see how I was doing. She didn't see me, and she thought I had untied the rope and went inside. So she headed to town to do her weekly shopping.

When I fully recover I will fill in the grissly details, but the doc just gave me another pain shot. So I'll "talk" to you guys later!

Blessings, Boys!
I gotta hand it to ya, you can write a dang fine short story man, I had to tell my GF and roommate why I was laughing cause they were lookin at me like I was crazy.
Unread 02-20-2013, 05:55 AM   #479
gmakra
1985 CJ7 

Skipper see this is the stuff I was talkin about
Quote:
Hell it took you a half hour just to shout stop!

But I did talk to Billy last nite and him and I are going to make you a cane out of his recoverd splinters. He didnt want to spend much money and he figured that the blood stained splinters would create a nice look plus any future accidents would not show up on the cane!
gmakra is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-20-2013, 06:07 AM   #480
1983 CJ7 

CT, MRI...Friday? Now that is some geriatric irony

Wedneday's are slow days, if you ain't busy with the ol' right hand lever yanking (distractions could be dangerous) give me a buzz this morning.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.