Scott's Build Thread- 85 CJ7 - Page 2 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep CJ Forum > Scott's Build Thread- 85 CJ7

Rockridge 4WD IS Taking Zone Offroad Suspension Lift Kits BLACK FRIDAY SPECIALS!! You asked, we deliver!Rough Country Lift Kits and Parts!

Unread 01-02-2011, 03:03 PM   #16
xjfever
Web Wheeler

1995 XJ Cherokee 

Nice that your wife is willing to help. I had mine help me bleed the brakes on my TJ after swapping rear axles and she complained the whole 20 minutes it took to do it. There are a few things that cannot be done alone and I hate to have to ask my wife for assistance although she is always screaming in the garage for me to come do something for her.

1. '95 XJ country edition, 4" coils/3/4" spacers, HD leafs with extra main added in, Ironman adjustable control arms, rough country shackles, aussie locker, JK rubicon shocks, 35" mudder's, soft 8's, cobra cb
  2. Sold'99 WJ limited, 4.7L, 3" IRO lift. Bilstein shocks, JK rubicon wheels, 255/70/17's, carolina driveshaft, IRO adjustable control arms, IRO adjustable A-arm
  3. Sold '00 TJ, 4" lift, rusty's adjustable control arms, skyjacker shocks, rock krawler adj. trac-bar,rugged ridge SYE and RE driveshaft, soft 8's, 35" mud king xt's,XJ HP D30 w/aussie locker, 4:88 yukon gears, hella 500's, rock crusher diff covers
4. 04 Dodge ram 1500 quadcab, yes, it has a hemi.
5. '08 BMW X3, Mods in progress.
xjfever is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-02-2011, 09:26 PM   #17
Skerr
<*////><

1985 CJ7 

Quote:
Originally Posted by xjfever View Post
Nice that your wife is willing to help. I had mine help me bleed the brakes on my TJ after swapping rear axles and she complained the whole 20 minutes it took to do it. There are a few things that cannot be done alone and I hate to have to ask my wife for assistance although she is always screaming in the garage for me to come do something for her.
Sorry your wife yells at you! You better start living right!!

We sure enjoyed our trip to YH. How close are you to there? We ended up on a narrow road going to Lake Chatuge dam, my FIL really wanted us to see the view, but the road was frozen. We ended up sliding about 100' back down the road in the Astro. Kinda fun, kinda not!!

But the right word at the right time... "Hey, give me a little hug!" That's the difference between lightning and a harmless lightning bug!
Skerr is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-02-2011, 11:21 PM   #18
Skerr
<*////><

1985 CJ7 

In case anyone is interested, here are some pics of the frame build for my bench seat. It is simple and easy to do. I used 3/4" square tubing and some flat stock. I used my vise and a hammer to bend the steel. Test fitted many times. Measured a great deal. Tacked it all together with my wimpy welder, and took it over to AJ's to weld it up correctly. I could not reuse all of the stock holes from the original seat stands, so I had to drill a few new holes.
100_0304_1.jpg   100_0306_1.jpg   100_0308_1.jpg   100_0312_1.jpg  

But the right word at the right time... "Hey, give me a little hug!" That's the difference between lightning and a harmless lightning bug!
Unread 01-03-2011, 05:50 AM   #19
1983 CJ7 

Scott, why do you have 1000' of extension cords???
Unread 01-03-2011, 07:41 AM   #20
Jim1611
Web Wheeler

1985 CJ7 

Another CJ thread!! I just found this today. That seat bracket ought to be plenty strong. Nice job.

A.J. must have some kind of esp since he always seems to stop by when you're working.

Hey Scott my first thought when I saw this thread was that maybe this will keep you out of the dog house.

Subscribed.

My build thread
http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f8/ji...build-1093702/
Jim1611 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-03-2011, 07:49 AM   #21
xjfever
Web Wheeler

1995 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skerr View Post
Sorry your wife yells at you! You better start living right!!

We sure enjoyed our trip to YH. How close are you to there? We ended up on a narrow road going to Lake Chatuge dam, my FIL really wanted us to see the view, but the road was frozen. We ended up sliding about 100' back down the road in the Astro. Kinda fun, kinda not!!
I live about 40 miles west of there Scott, in chatsworth. All the mountain roads here were frozen and deep with snow. My only way out of the house was in my cherokee with chains on all four tires, or on the ATV. It was fun the first day or two, but after a few days I was glad to see it go.
  1. '95 XJ country edition, 4" coils/3/4" spacers, HD leafs with extra main added in, Ironman adjustable control arms, rough country shackles, aussie locker, JK rubicon shocks, 35" mudder's, soft 8's, cobra cb
  2. Sold'99 WJ limited, 4.7L, 3" IRO lift. Bilstein shocks, JK rubicon wheels, 255/70/17's, carolina driveshaft, IRO adjustable control arms, IRO adjustable A-arm
  3. Sold '00 TJ, 4" lift, rusty's adjustable control arms, skyjacker shocks, rock krawler adj. trac-bar,rugged ridge SYE and RE driveshaft, soft 8's, 35" mud king xt's,XJ HP D30 w/aussie locker, 4:88 yukon gears, hella 500's, rock crusher diff covers
4. 04 Dodge ram 1500 quadcab, yes, it has a hemi.
5. '08 BMW X3, Mods in progress.
xjfever is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-03-2011, 05:32 PM   #22
Skerr
<*////><

1985 CJ7 

Quote:
Originally Posted by 243 View Post
Scott, why do you have 1000' of extension cords???
Damned if I know!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim1611 View Post
Another CJ thread!! I just found this today. That seat bracket ought to be plenty strong. Nice job.

A.J. must have some kind of esp since he always seems to stop by when you're working.

Hey Scott my first thought when I saw this thread was that maybe this will keep you out of the dog house.

Subscribed.
You're right about AJ! He's awfully good to me. Can't say I'll stay out of the doghouse, though. Wifey's BD today. I forgot. I ALWAYS forget!! It's so close after all the "main event" that it slips my mind. Remembered on the way home tonight. Had to stop at WM in uniform, which I hate. Bought her some PJs in, like, 3 sizes too big!!! Haven't given them to here yet!!!!!!!! On top of it all, she's sick. Got the kid's mess from GA. So she's grumpy! Ahhh... crap. I'm gonna die!

Quote:
Originally Posted by xjfever View Post
I live about 40 miles west of there Scott, in chatsworth. All the mountain roads here were frozen and deep with snow. My only way out of the house was in my cherokee with chains on all four tires, or on the ATV. It was fun the first day or two, but after a few days I was glad to see it go.
I can see you getting tired of frozen roads. When we slid down the dike road at Lake Chatuge, my butt grabbed ahold of the seat so tight that I didn't think we would ever separate again!

Unread 01-03-2011, 05:36 PM   #23
Jim1611
Web Wheeler

1985 CJ7 

Hope Beth feels better soon Scott and tell her happy birthday for me! Man you ought to know better than to buy your wife clothes. Flowers are the thing. But who am I to tell you, the man that's been married to the same lady for 20+ years and me that doesn't have that long in 3 wives!!! Yep I need to shut up.

My build thread
Unread 01-03-2011, 05:37 PM   #24
Eaglekeeper
1986 CJ7 

Quote:
Wifey's BD today. I forgot. I ALWAYS forget!! It's so close after all the "main event" that it slips my mind. Remembered on the way home tonight. Had to stop at WM in uniform, which I hate. Bought her some PJs in, like, 3 sizes too big!!! Haven't given them to here yet!!!!!!!! On top of it all, she's sick. Got the kid's mess from GA. So she's grumpy! Ahhh... crap. I'm gonna die!

YOU DID WHAT! Ooooo, I pity you Good luck

A ton more pics here.
[URL="http://s1038.photobucket.com/albums/a462/E9Eaglekeeper/"]http://s1038.photobucket.com/albums/a462/E9Eaglekeeper/[/URL]
Eaglekeeper is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-03-2011, 05:55 PM   #25
1983 CJ7 

Quote:
Damned if I know!
I thought you might be using them to run power out to the deer blind
Unread 01-03-2011, 06:40 PM   #26
Skerr
<*////><

1985 CJ7 

Quote:
Originally Posted by 243 View Post
I thought you might be using them to run power out to the deer blind
HEEEEEEYYYYYY!!!!

Unread 01-03-2011, 06:41 PM   #27
SonicR1
2005 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eaglekeeper View Post
yeah, what Jody said!!!! hehehehehe

[URL="http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f9/sonics-05-tj-build-1168663/#post10985489"][COLOR="yellow"]The TJ[/COLOR][/URL]
2005 Wrangler X 4.0/6 speed, Dana 30/Ford 8.8--4.88--Eaton E-Lockers, 35" MT/R, Smittybilt bumpers/rockers/winch, SonicFab tire carrier, RE 3.5 springs, Zone 1.25 BL, FullTraction 3 link upper rear, RE super flex lower rears, UCF ultra high skid and lo/pro mount, brown dog mml.

[URL="http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f8/sonics-74-cj5-build-1106795/"][COLOR="DarkOrange"]1974 CJ5 BUILD THREAD[/COLOR][/URL]
SonicR1 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-03-2011, 06:45 PM   #28
Skerr
<*////><

1985 CJ7 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eaglekeeper View Post
Everything turned out great!! I wrote her a poem. She was crying by the time she finished it!!

Unread 01-03-2011, 06:48 PM   #29
SonicR1
2005 TJ Wrangler 

GOOD SAVE!!!!!!

[URL="http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f9/sonics-05-tj-build-1168663/#post10985489"][COLOR="yellow"]The TJ[/COLOR][/URL]
2005 Wrangler X 4.0/6 speed, Dana 30/Ford 8.8--4.88--Eaton E-Lockers, 35" MT/R, Smittybilt bumpers/rockers/winch, SonicFab tire carrier, RE 3.5 springs, Zone 1.25 BL, FullTraction 3 link upper rear, RE super flex lower rears, UCF ultra high skid and lo/pro mount, brown dog mml.

[URL="http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f8/sonics-74-cj5-build-1106795/"][COLOR="DarkOrange"]1974 CJ5 BUILD THREAD[/COLOR][/URL]
SonicR1 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-03-2011, 07:30 PM   #30
Jim1611
Web Wheeler

1985 CJ7 

Quote:
Everything turned out great!! I wrote her a poem. She was crying by the time she finished it!!
You wrote her a poem!! At first I almost laughed myself sick, then I realized how truly outstanding an idea that was. She cried too, ohhhhh you the man Scott Kerr!

My build thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.