Scott's Build Thread- 85 CJ7 - Page 16 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep CJ Forum > Scott's Build Thread- 85 CJ7

WJ Shackle Tabs: Tow-Hook Replacements2014 Spartan Locker Special - While Supplies Last! Dana 3FS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye Kit

Unread 06-22-2012, 07:36 PM   #226
Skerr
<*////><

1985 CJ7 

Quote:
Originally Posted by pman View Post
Sounds like I need to start painting without the respirator like Skipper!
We woould at least be ins the same club!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim1611 View Post
Scott I've been thinking about your new Jeep. If I had a desire to own one of them and it would be for a full restore job. Don't change anything, just rebuild it to as near factory original as possible. That's just my thinking though.
I have thought about it. I can't begin to count the number of times I made a decision on Clay's Jeep and then did something completely different. It would be fun to rebuild the F Head, as I have never rebuilt an engine, but I see that thing with a V8!! And I hear it rumbling... Who knows... I have plenty of time to think about it.

CJdogtoy called me today. We had a great chat. He's working his tail off, which is good, and he sends his regards to all.

But the right word at the right time... "Hey, give me a little hug!" That's the difference between lightning and a harmless lightning bug!
Skerr is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-23-2012, 10:01 AM   #227
SonicR1
2005 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skerr View Post
No you wouldn't... you'd buy another TJ!

You know Scott, I found an old CJ7 for sale in a field not too far from me. It took me everything I had not to go buy it with this last overtime check!!! Instead I went and put lockers and gears in the TJ… I decided that I have enough problems working on 1 project, let alone 2 (unlike you with 3 project jeeps!). I just hope that when my kids are old enough, we can find a decent project jeep… something better than the last 5 I had… There are plenty of days when I kick myself for selling that 5 though!!!

[URL="http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f9/sonics-05-tj-build-1168663/#post10985489"][COLOR="yellow"]The TJ[/COLOR][/URL]
2005 Wrangler X 4.0/6 speed, Dana 30/Ford 8.8--4.88--Eaton E-Lockers, 35" MT/R, Smittybilt bumpers/rockers/winch, SonicFab tire carrier, RE 3.5 springs, Zone 1.25 BL, FullTraction 3 link upper rear, RE super flex lower rears, UCF ultra high skid and lo/pro mount, brown dog mml.

[URL="http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f8/sonics-74-cj5-build-1106795/"][COLOR="DarkOrange"]1974 CJ5 BUILD THREAD[/COLOR][/URL]
SonicR1 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-23-2012, 06:14 PM   #228
Skerr
<*////><

1985 CJ7 

Quote:
Originally Posted by SonicR1 View Post
You know Scott, I found an old CJ7 for sale in a field not too far from me. It took me everything I had not to go buy it with this last overtime check!!! Instead I went and put lockers and gears in the TJ… I decided that I have enough problems working on 1 project, let alone 2 (unlike you with 3 project jeeps!). I just hope that when my kids are old enough, we can find a decent project jeep… something better than the last 5 I had… There are plenty of days when I kick myself for selling that 5 though!!!
You still have one of the most classic avatars I have seen. I'm just busting your chops because I'm too far away for you to arrest me!

But the right word at the right time... "Hey, give me a little hug!" That's the difference between lightning and a harmless lightning bug!
Unread 06-23-2012, 06:17 PM   #229
Jim1611
Web Wheeler

1985 CJ7 

He wouldn't arrest you anyway. His buddies would think he was pickin on old folks then!!! Bill's got a reputation to uphold you know, even if he did sell his real Jeep. I'd ramble more but I'm gettin hungry. Hey pops what's for supper???

My build thread
http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f8/ji...build-1093702/
Jim1611 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-24-2012, 07:30 AM   #230
Skerr
<*////><

1985 CJ7 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim1611 View Post
He wouldn't arrest you anyway. His buddies would think he was pickin on old folks then!!! Bill's got a reputation to uphold you know, even if he did sell his real Jeep. I'd ramble more but I'm gettin hungry. Hey pops what's for supper???
Well, Son... come over here and let me 'splain something to you. First, if you don't clean up your room, you aren't GOING to eat. Second, if you call me Pops again, I will turn you over my knee and paddle you until you glow! Now that you know your choices, which ones are you going to make?

He could always arrest me the day we finally all meet at Moab!! If he could reach me!

Unread 06-24-2012, 10:31 AM   #231
Skerr
<*////><

1985 CJ7 

Called AJ. He comes to the rescue once again! He brought over a monster slide hammer. I removed the lockout hub assembly, outer bearing, etc, and he bolted his hammer to one of the holes on the lockout hub. WHAM! WHAM! WHAM! Sproing. Off it came with the stuck brake shoes. Now it rolls so I can put it away.

The inside of the hub looks brand new. The grease is fresh! The PO stopped by yesterday evening to pick up his cash, and he told me that the 2A and the 3B have been sitting in the woods for 15 years. It's interesting how the tub can be "gone", but the internal mechanical things can look new.

Unread 06-24-2012, 12:28 PM   #232
1983 CJ7 

You may as well have bought a TJ like Bill, cuz the CJ7 will never get done now
Unread 07-23-2012, 09:30 PM   #233
cjdogtoy
1976 CJ5 

OK just got caught up, and I have to say, you bought a rusted out what??
Unread 07-24-2012, 07:42 AM   #234
Skerr
<*////><

1985 CJ7 

Quote:
Originally Posted by 243 View Post
You may as well have bought a TJ like Bill, cuz the CJ7 will never get done now
Whoa... It's like, Cosmic, or something! I have been robbing parts from my 7 to put on Clay's 5, in the hope that we will get it going "sooner" than later!

Quote:
Originally Posted by cjdogtoy View Post
OK just got caught up, and I have to say, you bought a rusted out what??
Not you too! My friend.

Unread 07-24-2012, 10:06 AM   #235
SonicR1
2005 TJ Wrangler 

Thought I'd check in on here… mostly just to mess with you guys. My home for the week:

On a Jeepin note, took the wife's Rubi through the dunes… well, more like near the dunes. I got stuck once, put it in low, locked the axles and away I went… soooo nice!!!

[URL="http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f9/sonics-05-tj-build-1168663/#post10985489"][COLOR="yellow"]The TJ[/COLOR][/URL]
2005 Wrangler X 4.0/6 speed, Dana 30/Ford 8.8--4.88--Eaton E-Lockers, 35" MT/R, Smittybilt bumpers/rockers/winch, SonicFab tire carrier, RE 3.5 springs, Zone 1.25 BL, FullTraction 3 link upper rear, RE super flex lower rears, UCF ultra high skid and lo/pro mount, brown dog mml.

[URL="http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f8/sonics-74-cj5-build-1106795/"][COLOR="DarkOrange"]1974 CJ5 BUILD THREAD[/COLOR][/URL]
Unread 07-24-2012, 11:13 AM   #236
Skerr
<*////><

1985 CJ7 

Quote:
Originally Posted by SonicR1 View Post
Thought I'd check in on here… mostly just to mess with you guys. My home for the week:

On a Jeepin note, took the wife's Rubi through the dunes… well, more like near the dunes. I got stuck once, put it in low, locked the axles and away I went… soooo nice!!!

White Trash!!

Hope there isn't any big waves. Have fun Bill. Wish I was doing that.

Unread 07-24-2012, 02:48 PM   #237
8pitcher
1988 YJ Wrangler 

Found your build. Now I'm all set for reading.
Built Not Bought #640[/FONT][/SIZE][/COLOR][/CENTER][/COLOR]

1976ish cj5 304 t18 d20 2.5" lift

some year YJ custom frame HP D60 14 bolt 4 linked front rear FI 350 700r4 NP231c

2009 JK 4 door 2.5" lift 35" tires custom bumpers mile marker 9500# winch
8pitcher is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-24-2012, 04:14 PM   #238
SonicR1
2005 TJ Wrangler 

8pitcher, this is his bastard thread… the real thread is Clay's build http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f8/cl...hread-1061897/ … he doesn't use his CJ7 for much more than parts anymore… hehehehe

Unread 07-24-2012, 04:37 PM   #239
8pitcher
1988 YJ Wrangler 

I have already been reading that one just thought I'd check this one out too.
Built Not Bought #640[/FONT][/SIZE][/COLOR][/CENTER][/COLOR]

1976ish cj5 304 t18 d20 2.5" lift

some year YJ custom frame HP D60 14 bolt 4 linked front rear FI 350 700r4 NP231c

2009 JK 4 door 2.5" lift 35" tires custom bumpers mile marker 9500# winch
8pitcher is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-24-2012, 05:08 PM   #240
cjdogtoy
1976 CJ5 

it's OK Scott I think there cool but you might have tried to find one with more metal.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.