Scott's Build Thread- 85 CJ7 - Page 75 - JeepForum.com

 8Likes
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1111 of 1546 Old 03-14-2014, 07:35 AM
lucdog
Web Wheeler
 
lucdog's Avatar
1980 CJ5 
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 8,781
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skerr
Going to get my holter installed for a second time. They screwed up the first time. I think it's a waste of time...
I wondered why you were posting on a work day.

Remember your saying, better get a hammer! :-)

B


1957 WILLYS pickup,
1973 J 4000,
1978 CJ7 DD.
1979 CJ7 360, TH400/Quadratrac.
1979 J20
1980 CJ5 trail Jeep.
1983 CJ7
1989 YJ the CJ to YJ.
lucdog is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #1112 of 1546 Old 03-14-2014, 01:33 PM Thread Starter
Skerr
Registered User
1985 CJ7 
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: White Springs
Posts: 9,487
Quote:
Originally Posted by lucdog View Post
I wondered why you were posting on a work day.

Remember your saying, better get a hammer! :-)

B
Yeah... hammer. I need to gt back to that! My new motto isn't working out too well.

Today is not a work day. I'm off Friday and Saturday while working in the Chapel.

Kerrdog
Go Fish! <*////><

But the right word at the right time... "Hey, give me a little hug!" That's the difference between lightning and a harmless lightning bug!
Skerr is offline  
post #1113 of 1546 Old 03-14-2014, 09:14 PM
lucdog
Web Wheeler
 
lucdog's Avatar
1980 CJ5 
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 8,781
Don't forget to send me a pic of the XD, and other pertant info.
Include a couple of different views.

Thanks buddy,

Billy G.

1957 WILLYS pickup,
1973 J 4000,
1978 CJ7 DD.
1979 CJ7 360, TH400/Quadratrac.
1979 J20
1980 CJ5 trail Jeep.
1983 CJ7
1989 YJ the CJ to YJ.
lucdog is offline  
post #1114 of 1546 Old 03-14-2014, 11:29 PM
MoC
Registered User
1986 CJ7 
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: The otherside of your monitor...
Posts: 5,656
Congrats Clay and You. You have raised a fine son Scott.

Under A Sun Thats See It All Before...
MoC is offline  
post #1115 of 1546 Old 03-15-2014, 12:14 AM
mvigo
Web Wheeler
 
mvigo's Avatar
1985 CJ7 
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Northern California
Posts: 1,435
Congrats all the way around!

Sent from my iPad using JeepForum

1985 CJ-7, fuel injected 258, 2.5" Rubicon Express Extreme Duty Lift, 1" Body lift, Crabtree Shackle Hangers, T-5, Dana 300 w/ 4:1 Teralow kit, Dana 30, AMC 20 w/1 piece axle, 3.73 's with Detroit Truetrac front and rear, riding on 32x11.5x15" Cooper Discoverer STT mud terrains
mvigo is offline  
post #1116 of 1546 Old 03-15-2014, 01:12 PM
Jim1611
Web Wheeler
 
Jim1611's Avatar
1985 CJ7 
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Posts: 6,974
Glad to hear the good news for Clay. I hope he is top of the class!

CCD permit....you mean you're actually going to carry a loaded firearm around other people? Do you want to shoot somebody or something? Don't you think we have enough crime already?

Only reason I can write this on your thread is because you know me
Jim1611 is online now  
post #1117 of 1546 Old 03-15-2014, 01:15 PM
gmakra
Registered User
1985 CJ7 
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Chicago area
Posts: 3,560
Skipper congrats
gmakra is offline  
post #1118 of 1546 Old 03-15-2014, 08:41 PM Thread Starter
Skerr
Registered User
1985 CJ7 
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: White Springs
Posts: 9,487
Quote:
Originally Posted by MoC View Post
Congrats Clay and You. You have raised a fine son Scott.
Thanks, Foxe. You will do no less.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mvigo View Post
Congrats all the way around!

Sent from my iPad using JeepForum
Thanks, Mike.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim1611 View Post
Glad to hear the good news for Clay. I hope he is top of the class!

CCD permit....you mean you're actually going to carry a loaded firearm around other people? Do you want to shoot somebody or something? Don't you think we have enough crime already?

Only reason I can write this on your thread is because you know me
I'm thinking about it Jim. My oldest, Jake, got his when he turned 21. I wore it all around today, but dang I hate wearing a belt and vest when I don't HAVE to.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gmakra View Post
Skipper congrats
Thanks, Professor.

Kerrdog
Go Fish! <*////><

But the right word at the right time... "Hey, give me a little hug!" That's the difference between lightning and a harmless lightning bug!
Skerr is offline  
post #1119 of 1546 Old 03-15-2014, 09:18 PM
Cutlass327
Web Wheeler
 
Cutlass327's Avatar
1978 CJ5 
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Beach City
Posts: 5,871
Just wear it and have a shirt over top. I hated not tucking in my shirt to cover mine, but it works and you get used to it. You may even look into an IWB holster, and if your pants are fitting enough then you may not need a belt.

Rick

1978 CJ5 5.0HO/T177/D300, '86 D30/D44 WT axles, 'glass body, 31x10.5 BFG A/T, TDK galv'd frame - DD and weekend toy

http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f8/ri...8-cj5-1223197/
Cutlass327 is offline  
post #1120 of 1546 Old 03-16-2014, 07:21 AM
lucdog
Web Wheeler
 
lucdog's Avatar
1980 CJ5 
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 8,781
Scott, as you may or may not know Illinois recently passed laws to allow CC. I haven't decided what I'm going to do as far as taking a 16 hour class, and spending $450 ( 1/2 of which goes to the State) .

Here's my thoughts, and remember I live in a city of 130,000 people in central Il.. The tri county area is approx. 500,000.

In 59 years of living here I have never felt the need to CC, nor have I ever wished I was carrying. Even while working in the "hood" ( the Fire Chief won't allow it anyway) for the last 5 years, and another 10 years in a area just as bad. I live between 15 and 18 miles from these areas.

There has only been 1 time I wished I had a weapon, I wasn't even in Illinois. Vicki and I were camping in the toy hauler in a remote area of Missouri, we were the only ones there.

I am still pondering what I'm going to do.

Bill

1957 WILLYS pickup,
1973 J 4000,
1978 CJ7 DD.
1979 CJ7 360, TH400/Quadratrac.
1979 J20
1980 CJ5 trail Jeep.
1983 CJ7
1989 YJ the CJ to YJ.
lucdog is offline  
post #1121 of 1546 Old 03-16-2014, 07:34 AM
Matt1981CJ7
Web Wheeler
 
Matt1981CJ7's Avatar
1981 CJ7 
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Elbert
Posts: 16,756
Bill,

I never want my name on a government CC list. Fortunately, Colorado is an open carry state (except Denver), and car carry is unrestricted (except Denver), so my Glock 27 goes with me virtually everywhere.

It's that one time when you need it.....

Matt
Matt1981CJ7 is offline  
post #1122 of 1546 Old 03-16-2014, 10:08 AM
Cutlass327
Web Wheeler
 
Cutlass327's Avatar
1978 CJ5 
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Beach City
Posts: 5,871
See, that's where Ohio has you - you can open carry, but it better be fully unloaded and locked up in a vehicle. There was a point even if you had the mag loaded the gun was considered loaded! That is a main reason I got mine, so I didn't have to worry about transporting to/from anywhere. The other big reason is a few experiences a friend had while driving his VW buggy - a couple guys thought they wanted to take it for a spin while he was stopped in front of a bar at a red light driving home from work in the afternoon... I don't want Randi and I out and about in the CJ topless driving thru town and us having the same experience. I want to be able to protect her and myself. I have been told before to just avoid those areas while in the CJ, but going from my mother's place to my place you HAVE to go thru a few shady areas unless you go an hour or so out of your way.

Rick

1978 CJ5 5.0HO/T177/D300, '86 D30/D44 WT axles, 'glass body, 31x10.5 BFG A/T, TDK galv'd frame - DD and weekend toy

http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f8/ri...8-cj5-1223197/
Cutlass327 is offline  
post #1123 of 1546 Old 03-16-2014, 12:20 PM
VACJ7
Hockey Rules!
 
VACJ7's Avatar
1984 CJ7 
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Northern Virginia
Posts: 3,783
Quote:
Originally Posted by lucdog View Post
I haven't decided what I'm going to do as far as taking a 16 hour class, and spending $450 ( 1/2 of which goes to the State).
Holy cow! 20.00 for a VA state recognized course and I had my CC permit in just a few weeks.

'84 CJ-7 | REBUILD IN PROGRESS
VACJ7 is offline  
post #1124 of 1546 Old 03-17-2014, 05:11 PM Thread Starter
Skerr
Registered User
1985 CJ7 
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: White Springs
Posts: 9,487
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cutlass327 View Post
Just wear it and have a shirt over top. I hated not tucking in my shirt to cover mine, but it works and you get used to it. You may even look into an IWB holster, and if your pants are fitting enough then you may not need a belt.
Can't stand the IWB holster! Figures, huh? Thinking about something really tiny to stick in my pocket, but my hands are so big it would get lost. I have a couple nice concealed holsters. It's no problem wearing them. But I mostly wear shorts, sleeveless Ts, no belt, no socks, etc.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lucdog View Post
Scott, as you may or may not know Illinois recently passed laws to allow CC. I haven't decided what I'm going to do as far as taking a 16 hour class, and spending $450 ( 1/2 of which goes to the State) .

Here's my thoughts, and remember I live in a city of 130,000 people in central Il.. The tri county area is approx. 500,000.

In 59 years of living here I have never felt the need to CC, nor have I ever wished I was carrying. Even while working in the "hood" ( the Fire Chief won't allow it anyway) for the last 5 years, and another 10 years in a area just as bad. I live between 15 and 18 miles from these areas.

There has only been 1 time I wished I had a weapon, I wasn't even in Illinois. Vicki and I were camping in the toy hauler in a remote area of Missouri, we were the only ones there.

I am still pondering what I'm going to do.

Bill
In the few times I have been made angry by a stranger it was likely a good thing that I did not have a firearm! I have come to my senses in the middle of an intersection, holding an axe handle, while I suddenly noticed all of the witnesses, as time slowed! Really not a good spot to be in!

Not sure I will actually carry daily.

In Florida, an accredited firearm safety course is Hunter's Education. You might look into that Bill.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt1981CJ7 View Post
Bill,

I never want my name on a government CC list. Fortunately, Colorado is an open carry state (except Denver), and car carry is unrestricted (except Denver), so my Glock 27 goes with me virtually everywhere.

It's that one time when you need it.....

Matt
I don't mind my name being on a government carry list. They know I have been trained. I am recertified every year, plus shooting IDPA. And the government doesn't know everything... yet!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cutlass327 View Post
See, that's where Ohio has you - you can open carry, but it better be fully unloaded and locked up in a vehicle. There was a point even if you had the mag loaded the gun was considered loaded! That is a main reason I got mine, so I didn't have to worry about transporting to/from anywhere. The other big reason is a few experiences a friend had while driving his VW buggy - a couple guys thought they wanted to take it for a spin while he was stopped in front of a bar at a red light driving home from work in the afternoon... I don't want Randi and I out and about in the CJ topless driving thru town and us having the same experience. I want to be able to protect her and myself. I have been told before to just avoid those areas while in the CJ, but going from my mother's place to my place you HAVE to go thru a few shady areas unless you go an hour or so out of your way.
Well, you may have less trouble if you didn't travel thru a bad part of town with you and your wife topless!? Ya think???

Quote:
Originally Posted by VACJ7 View Post
Holy cow! 20.00 for a VA state recognized course and I had my CC permit in just a few weeks.
Yeah... I'm with you Paul. Dang Reconstructionists!!

Kerrdog
Go Fish! <*////><

But the right word at the right time... "Hey, give me a little hug!" That's the difference between lightning and a harmless lightning bug!
Skerr is offline  
post #1125 of 1546 Old 03-17-2014, 05:19 PM
Matt1981CJ7
Web Wheeler
 
Matt1981CJ7's Avatar
1981 CJ7 
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Elbert
Posts: 16,756
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skerr View Post
I don't mind my name being on a government carry list. They know I have been trained. I am recertified every year, plus shooting IDPA. And the government doesn't know everything... yet!
The way I see it, if the government ever decides to confiscate weapons, the people with CCs, and registered weapons, will be the first doors they knock on.

Yeah, I'm a cynical old fart, but I don't trust "The Man". They will have to find the hole I bury my weapons in, if that day ever comes.

"I'll give you my gun when you pry (or take) it from my cold, dead hands"

Matt
Matt1981CJ7 is offline  
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.



Email Address:
OR

Log-in









Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.




Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page



Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Jeep Forums Replies Last Post
86 CJ Build Thread JimNut Jeep CJ Forum 18 07-03-2012 06:54 AM
78 cj7 build thread M0nsterCJ7 Jeep CJ Forum 16 03-30-2011 11:30 AM
'78 CJ5 Build Thread ggerdsen Jeep CJ Forum 26 01-31-2011 08:53 AM
Looking for a CJ Build Thread. jsc7002 Jeep CJ Forum 6 08-22-2009 10:47 AM

Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome