OHH- EMM- GEE!
This windshield frame is making me butt-stuck! I thought, just this morning, I would get SMART and sand-blast the poor little critter. But I have spent all the live-loong DAY on it. I am tired. I am hungry. Wife!! Where's me tay?
So... I picked up me little bags of sand and started dumping it in the hopper. Only to find that some of it was wet. Soooooooo... I spread it out on the driveway to dry in the placid sun. Low heat, low humidity today. Perfect for sandblasting. Dried in 45 minutes. Good to go.
I had trouble from the start. The old paint blasted right off the frame, but I lost air pressure so quickly that I couldn't get anything done. I constantly had to stop and let the tank pressurize, and my compressor (60 gallon) never, ever caught up. Sooooooooooooooooooooooo... I went and disced up the garden!
After the garden was done, and I had my mind right, I came back to the WS frame. UGH! I was having the same issue, and I got to thinking about all the sand I was wasting, so I supposed that if I put a smaller nozzle in the deadman it would use less air and concentrate the sand more, should go faster... right?
DUH! I replaced the nozzle, and the old one was completely shot. The new nozzle made all the difference, and it went speedily. Of course, my next-door neighbor came over and stopped me... he needed help moving a dead goat! So after moving the dead goat I finished the frame in, like, 15 minutes. I hung the spotless frame and shot it with Ospho.
I do NOT plan to go through all this with the whole Jeep. Ain't gonna do it! Here are some action shots...
1) HF 110# blaster. Works good when you strain the sand. I'm using play sand. Operates best between 60-100 PSI. My 60 Gal compressor will not keep up with that. Okay at 45 PSI.
2) My frame partially done. I taped the holes with masking tape, thinking I would keep the sand out of the frame, but that was a truly dumb idea! Didn't work, and the tape is next to impossible to get off after it has been sand blasted!! So don't so that!
3) Frame is done. Finally. All freakin day!
4) Bad spot... new metal going here.
5) Worn out tip, and the reason it was difficult.
Go Fish! <*////><
But the right word at the right time... "Hey, give me a little hug!" That's the difference between lightning and a harmless lightning bug!