score on a yj tub at work for $150 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep CJ Forum > score on a yj tub at work for $150

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineToxic Brakes - 3000 PSI Braided Stainless Steel Brake LineCess Recovery Gear Snatch Tow Strap OffRoad @ ROCKRIDGE4WD

Unread 11-30-2011, 05:00 PM   #1
nicknoty
1983 CJ7 

score on a yj tub at work for $150

i have been wanting to repaint my jeep and going on my old body work and fixing all the things i rushed on seemed to much but so did a new tub as they are out of my price range.

so i ask the boss man about the 95 yj we had come in awhile ago at the yard after the whole drivetrain went quick and on a day when alot of ppl were using up sick time before the end of the year and he agreed to $150. the tub is pretty good to just one small cancer spot on the driver side rocker and the drivers side floor will prolly need a repair panel.

i know the 2 body mounts by the tank are different but i still don't know if i'm gonna go for the yj topwind sheild and bar or if i'm going to just throw the cj stuff back in. also the filler is swaped to the left so i'm not sure if i should grab the yj tank and make the cj sender fit i prolly will cause its poly and my tank has some rust on the outside.

any thoughts.

83 cj7, white/pearl w/ black trim - 99'ax-15/clocked dana 300 twin sticked - 4"RC lift - HD shackles - 33X10.5 bfg mt's on micky' T 15" classic 2s - HD tierod flipped - custom bumpers with d-rings - winch - flowmaster - obd1 efi swap - 4.6L strocker with com smooth idle cam. soon to be:
rear disc brakes,front and rear tube fender flares and better sliders, 3.0L mercedes turbo diesel power
nicknoty is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-30-2011, 05:06 PM   #2
RobsCrawlin7
no balls

2001 TJ Wrangler 

thats an ok deal, not bad, not killer.

what do you mean about the yj windshield? and as far as the gas tank its all a matter of preference. i have a cj tank and cut a new hole in my yj tub in the place for a cj. my license plate covers the yj hole until i get corner armor. or you can use the yj tank (15 gal only) and fill it like a yj
'79 CJ7 stock, 304

Quote:
Originally Posted by my_304_cj7 View Post
I used Marvel once before I took my Jeep out on the trails. I didn't get stuck all weekend so I guess it works.
SSG David Mejias, SSG Eric Vick, SGT William Bowling, SGT Robert McDowell
1 April 2007
Rest In Peace Brothers
RobsCrawlin7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-30-2011, 05:12 PM   #3
nicknoty
1983 CJ7 

the yj roll bar atleast on the 95 donor has the bars that go to the windsheild with like 5/16 x 18 bolts from the factory.

as far as the tank i could cut a hole or just swap the tanks. i really dont care to weld up the old one on account of time, i don't want corner gaurds till the jeep need them to hide bo bo's
83 cj7, white/pearl w/ black trim - 99'ax-15/clocked dana 300 twin sticked - 4"RC lift - HD shackles - 33X10.5 bfg mt's on micky' T 15" classic 2s - HD tierod flipped - custom bumpers with d-rings - winch - flowmaster - obd1 efi swap - 4.6L strocker with com smooth idle cam. soon to be:
rear disc brakes,front and rear tube fender flares and better sliders, 3.0L mercedes turbo diesel power
Unread 11-30-2011, 06:10 PM   #4
Mike Romain
1986 CJ7 

The poly tanks are great and are all 20 gallon as far as I know. The YJ "15" gallon tank on a lot of years if not all of them was a 20 gallon tank with the shutoff pipe for the filler hose (that small line beside the main filler hose kicks gas back up to the filler nozzle which senses it and shuts off the auto shut off) just shoved deeper into the tank so it shuts off the pump filler nozzle at 15 gallons. Folks can modify that to make them fully 20 gallon tanks. The sender stays full then for a long time unless you change it.
Some Canadian Bush Jeep Runs and Build Photos: http://mikeromainjeeptrips.shutterfly.com (10 new albums added Sept 16/10)
Mike Romain is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-30-2011, 06:13 PM   #5
nicknoty
1983 CJ7 

i'll have to look into that the tank option
Unread 11-30-2011, 06:22 PM   #6
Blackcj-7
1985 CJ7 

On mine, I also swapped in my CJ dash. For heat, since the CJ one was crap anyway, I mounted a Mojave heater under the glove box with a dash mounted on/off switch. I ran an old shopvac hose from the Mojave to the YJ y pipe for defrost, drilling some holes in the YJ window frame.
Blackcj-7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-30-2011, 06:23 PM   #7
addicted2dunes
1981 CJ8 

I like the YJ windshield frames, especially since they added the extra rib that runs inline with the wiper arm pivots, CJ's flexed a lot there and they redesigned the windshield. I also love the look of the glued in windshield.

addicted2dunes is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.