Saved from the Scrap Heap - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep CJ Forum > Saved from the Scrap Heap

Jeep Liberty Wheel Bearing & Hub - FrontSAVE BIG: Christmas in July Sale!Jeep Liberty Window Regulator

Unread 08-11-2003, 10:21 AM   #1
aviator

Saved from the Scrap Heap

Oh happy day!

That paint and lining of the interior of the tub is complete!! I've actually driven the jeep again! It's good to have it back under it's own power.

Though you all would like to see what I've managed to do with my 83 CJ7. I'm like a proud parent!

Of course, it's not complete, but it sure looks a LOT better than it did! Any comments would be appreciated.

Unread 08-11-2003, 10:33 AM   #2
jadams68
1984 CJ7 

Excellent job so far! Love to see pics when it's all done and put back together. I've been exactly where you are now:

See pic - Restoration
Unread 08-11-2003, 10:34 AM   #3
wm69

Looks NICE. Now if you could just find a hood, windshield frame, and passenger seat (everybody's gonna want to ride). Seriously, looks pretty nice. Just remember you never really "finish" a CJ. BTW, what did you line the tub with? Looks really good...

85 CJ7 258, A/C, T176, MC2100, Team Rush, Warn XD8000i, superwinch hubs, 3in lift 31" BFG AT/KO
wm69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-11-2003, 10:46 AM   #4
aviator

LOL, actually, I do have all the other parts. The hood and windshielf frame haven't been installed yet because I am awaiting the arrival of the chromed hinges for both.

I will definatley be posting pictures of the jeep once all the goodies are put on. Of course, the tinkering never ends, I know that.

The interior was sand-blasted and Herculined. I was very happy with the results. That herculiner is as tough as nails!

I have installed the drivers seat just so I could move it around without having to man-handle it.

The interior is going to be "spice" in color, but before that goes on, the exterior will be finished. I have the Renegade rocker guards re-furbed and ready to install. That will be today. I will also be ordering the new tail lights and fender well plastics today.

Everyone says that the "big hump" in restoring any vehicle is the paint job, now I know what they are talking about. It took to two tries to get the paint the way I wanted it, but it's SHINY now!

Of course, I couldn't help but take it for a quick spin once I got the seat in, even if it isn't street legal. What gets me is that ALL the squeaks are gone!! I'd better stop patting myself on the back before I break my neck. hehe..

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.