Sandblasting - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep CJ Forum > Sandblasting

Cess Recovery Gear Snatch Tow Strap OffRoad @ ROCKRIDGE4WDYukon Ultimate 35 axle kit for c/clip axles with Yukon ZipArtec Flash Sale - 15% off and Free Shipping over $300

Unread 06-11-2001, 08:46 PM   #1
73seejayfive

Sandblasting

I'm getting ready to remove the tub of my Cj5 and sandblast the tub and frame. Should the welding of rusted footwells be done before sandblasting? Does anyone have any suggestions on the type of sand, weight, pressure, etc. to use?
Also, I'm thinking about applying POR-15 to the frame and underside of tub when I finish. Any suggestions regarding this application?

73seejayfive is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-13-2001, 05:43 PM   #2
commando

Ever tried Sandpaper?
Just kidding. I saw you weren't getting any replies so I thought I'd drop you a line!
commando is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-23-2001, 10:50 PM   #3
gosling1

Any time an agressive means of cleaning something, some metal is removed. I have used crushed walnut shells and just enough pressure to remove the paint or rust I was working on. Take your time and watch what the blasting is doing. It is easier to step up gradually than it is to replace metal.

Tango Uniform
gosling1 is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.