Sam traded for a CJ5 and I'm gonna be in the dog house! - Page 3 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep CJ Forum > Sam traded for a CJ5 and I'm gonna be in the dog house!

*VOTE NOW Help Metalcloak Giveaway an XJ Suspension*Stainless Steel Door Hinge PinsPoly Door Hinge Bushings

Unread 04-22-2012, 01:13 PM   #31
jcal73
Web Wheeler

1979 CJ5 

Quote:
Originally Posted by dslywalker View Post
That's GREAT that you have a Son that wants to work with you on projects.Great Father Son relationship project.Good Luck with it.
Good Luck gettin him to mow the yard the next 4 years.
Thanks! He helps me on most everything I do. Since my back surgery last September he has really kicked into high gear!

I use the jeep as the carrot in front of the mule. If he wants work done on the jeep he has to do his part on other things around the house.

Jeff

jcal73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-22-2012, 01:27 PM   #32
jcal73
Web Wheeler

1979 CJ5 

Sam is looking at every car on the road to find the exact color he wants.

He likes these colors so far. And wants a Tan top and interior.

Ford Ruby Red

Toyota Slasa Red Pearl
Unread 04-22-2012, 01:58 PM   #33
jeepwhore
Hair puller xtraordinaire

1984 CJ7 

Nuts to them fancy new colors....besides, red vehicles are cop magnets.

Show him some pictures of the oem jeep metallics and tell him every time a Jeep gets painted another manufacturers' color, god kills a basket full of kittens!

As an aside, I remember getting my first vehicle before I could drive.....a '63 scout......and it drove me nuts day dreaming about it all the time and not being able to bring my delusions into reality! Congrats to the young fella', the next 4 years are going to be a blast for him. And the jeep will be done just in time for him to start hauling around handfuls of sweet young things!
'84 CJ-7: Yota axles (spartan locked front, e-locked rear) 4" BDS, 1" Daystar & 3/8" shackle lifts, 35" X-Terrains on steelies, YJ Tub & family roll bar, heater blower upgrade, 4.2L w/MC2100 & Team Rush, Warn 8274. Rebuilt 4.2/4.0 hybrid, AX15 and twin sticks/clocking ring waiting to go in.

The advertised position for a topless, dirty jeep girl has been filled......by my wife. Thanks to all that applied.
<------------and yes, that is her.
:-D
jeepwhore is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-22-2012, 03:23 PM   #34
jcal73
Web Wheeler

1979 CJ5 

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeepwhore View Post
Nuts to them fancy new colors....besides, red vehicles are cop magnets.

Show him some pictures of the oem jeep metallics and tell him every time a Jeep gets painted another manufacturers' color, god kills a basket full of kittens!

As an aside, I remember getting my first vehicle before I could drive.....a '63 scout......and it drove me nuts day dreaming about it all the time and not being able to bring my delusions into reality! Congrats to the young fella', the next 4 years are going to be a blast for him. And the jeep will be done just in time for him to start hauling around handfuls of sweet young things!
Funny!
I can't say what he said about the kittens (he's a dog guy I guess).

He said he wants a tool box in the back and I tried to tell him that he would want a seat to haul the girls in!
Unread 04-22-2012, 06:42 PM   #35
jcal73
Web Wheeler

1979 CJ5 

We shot a short video of the engine and exhaust.
The exhaust is a single glasspack with a Y split to duals out the back.
It sounds terrible!

Jeff
Unread 05-03-2012, 08:04 AM   #36
Mackee
1977 CJ5 

Already enjoying watching this project come along. Maybe we'll get em done about the same time. LOL.

I go to Florida at least once a month if you need me to haul those fenders down.
Mackee is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-03-2012, 09:20 AM   #37
2girlsAndaGuy
1979 CJ5 

off to a good start with this one, Its really neat seeing these father son projects. I'll follow along if you don't mind.

David
2girlsAndaGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-03-2012, 09:26 AM   #38
Altimeter
1997 XJ Cherokee 

You know I'm watching this build. I hope to do the same with my son when he gets older. I have the springs in a good place until you need them.
Altimeter is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-03-2012, 12:30 PM   #39
7179CJ5
1979 CJ5 

This is a thread is great, Sam is the man, tackling a project like this. I'm sure in the years to come he'll be giving good advise on this forum.
keep the post coming.
7179CJ5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-05-2012, 01:27 PM   #40
jcal73
Web Wheeler

1979 CJ5 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mackee View Post
Already enjoying watching this project come along. Maybe we'll get em done about the same time. LOL.

I go to Florida at least once a month if you need me to haul those fenders down.
It will take a while to get Sam's done, I have to finish mine first!

Quote:
Originally Posted by littledochawk View Post
off to a good start with this one, Its really neat seeing these father son projects. I'll follow along if you don't mind.
It's great to do things with the boys, I like teaching them how to correctly do things. Sam is very mechanically inclined and just needs some direction here and there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Altimeter View Post
You know I'm watching this build. I hope to do the same with my son when he gets older. I have the springs in a good place until you need them.
Thanks for the springs! I hope that we can find a pair of wide track axles to install with them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 7179CJ5 View Post
This is a thread is great, Sam is the man, tackling a project like this. I'm sure in the years to come he'll be giving good advise on this forum.
keep the post coming.

We will post as we get work done. I travel allot of the time for work so we only get 1 or 2 days a week to get things done around the house. Jeeps come in last sometimes! We still try to do something to mine or his anyway, even if it is small.

Thanks guys!

Jeff
Unread 05-09-2012, 09:31 PM   #41
Altimeter
1997 XJ Cherokee 

It was nice meeting you. I hope the springs work out for you and Sam!
Altimeter is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-10-2012, 05:05 PM   #42
jcal73
Web Wheeler

1979 CJ5 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Altimeter View Post
It was nice meeting you. I hope the springs work out for you and Sam!
Same here!
The first thing he did when I came home a few mins ago was unload the springs and inspect them!

Thanks again!

Jeff
Unread 07-05-2013, 06:54 AM   #43
smitty010203
1981 CJ5 

[QUOTE=jeepwhore;13450711]Nuts to them fancy new colors....besides, red vehicles are cop magnets.

HaHAA!!! hilarious and true!
smitty010203 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-05-2014, 12:09 AM   #44
Johnnymoto321
1974 CJ5 

Anything new?

I love the threads and how you include your family in the pics and comments!
Good work! and look forward to any progress
Johnnymoto321 is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.