Salvage yards in Northern New England? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep CJ Forum > Salvage yards in Northern New England?

XHD Heavy-Duty Hood Latches for JK and TJ available at OcoRCV Heavy Duty Axle Shafts Now Shipping at Baseline4x4.comStainless Steel Door Hinge Pins

Unread 09-12-2002, 12:20 PM   #1
CJOOP7

Salvage yards in Northern New England?

Does anybody know of any salvage yards in northern New England that have a halfway decent supply of Jeeps? I know you can buy anything online but there ain't nuthin like rippin a piece off a dead one and giving it new life in your Jeep, and whats better than an walk through a boneyard on a cool autumn day.

Unread 09-12-2002, 04:06 PM   #2
antman

Thats what I am talking about. Nice way to capture the spirit ! I am in the same spot you are in, being in WNY, most of the jeeps are rusted away before they make it to the boneyard !
antman is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-12-2002, 06:37 PM   #3
Gr8lite

Where in Maine are ya? What are you in need of for parts? I have quite a few , but am in contact with people that have lots. I am located in Windham , Maine.
Unread 09-12-2002, 07:42 PM   #4
CJOOP7

I'm in Wells Gr8lite, and I just bought an '83 CJ7 (used to own an '81 but I sold it about 10 years ago and have been a lost soul ever since, till now). I would like to get a few things like; one black sun visor (hardware not needed), shoulder belts for front seats, Jeep Insignia and CJ7 Insignia for rear of Jeep, 5-speed transmission shifting lever boot, front end Jeep stamped frame cover, and I'm sure I could find a few other things I didn't know needed if I could browse over a few dead soldiers.
I have relly's in Penn Yan N.Y. (about 2 hrs East of Buffalo) so if you find any good yards in your area antman, I'm interested as we visit there a couple times a year.
Unread 09-12-2002, 07:51 PM   #5
CJ junky

CJOOP7,what part of Maine are you in. There aren't many yards in southern Maine with CJ's. I also have a large supply of parts but I use them to rebuild CJ's to sell. Freeport auto parts in freeport has a CJ7 and what is left of a scrambler. Gaudreau's in Bethel has the largest CJ junk yard I've seen, however , Jeff knows what he has and will charge accordingly. Cumberland auto salvage has a 84 CJ7 with a good frame, hardtop and doors, and a good nose but they will also know the value of what they have. i usually find good deals in the Uncle Henry's book for Jeep parts. Good luck finding parts.
CJ junky is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.