??'s about a flatty purchase - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep CJ Forum > ??'s about a flatty purchase

Artec Holiday Sale!Bead Lock Wheels! Raceline, Trail Ready, & Trail-GearROCKRIDGE4WD Introduces a NEW Jeep Wrangler JK *led* tail

Unread 01-13-2007, 06:52 PM   #1
Mr.Crowley
1980 CJ7 

??'s about a flatty purchase

I ran across a flatty for sale today..it has actualy been sitting for over a year hidden quite well..The good is... its around a 1960ish ''ill explain in a bit''the tub is about 95% rust free,new brake lines,fuel lines, rebuilt 4 cylinder,sot sure of tranny but the t.c. has high and low range..Looks to be about a 4 inch lift on it..
the bad is its missing a fender,the body doesn't seem to be mounted..the body looks solid where it mounts to the frame,seats missing,and of course..NO TITLE...just my luck..
what is this thing worth and is it worth the hassle to get a title for it,as it has been pieced together from about 4 willy's..hence the 1960ish thing above...are parts still pretty easy to come by?I'm all for the mechanical challange part.just the title scares me..I am trying to work a deal for no money's to be exchanged for it so if it goes that route I'll get it regardless and if all else fails I'll part it out..
thanks
scott

"offroad it, and wave then you might understand"[/QUOTE]
BLS Home Chapter... Where it all Started
:hahaha: yj

My low Buck Rock Crawler project Project..Stop by and check it out..[URL="http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=497896"][B][COLOR="DarkOrange"]The lizzard Queen[/COLOR][/B][/URL]
Mr.Crowley is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-13-2007, 07:07 PM   #2
claybob
2004 LJ Wrangler 

My flattie didnt come with a title either. Don't really know yet how hard it's going to be to get one. The parts arent very hard to find for them. www.4wd.com has a vintage jeep catalog with a pretty good selecion of parts in it. I say go for it if the price is right.
Unread 01-13-2007, 07:22 PM   #3
Mr.Crowley
1980 CJ7 

yeah I was flipping through the 4wheel drive,Pin Up catalogue they sent me a wile back..cant seem to find it though,my wife probably chucked it on me,and who would have thought I would run across one so soon..Price is under a G,so I think its worth it..

My low Buck Rock Crawler project Project..Stop by and check it out..[URL="http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=497896"][B][COLOR="DarkOrange"]The lizzard Queen[/COLOR][/B][/URL]
Unread 01-13-2007, 07:36 PM   #4
Pantheus
1946 CJ2A 

"lost title"

It depends entirely on the state you are in what may be required to get a lost title.

Ask at your State's DMV to see what they require.

If all else fails checkout www.broadwaytitle.com They are in Alabama where it is legal to register anything, especially older than 1975. It is a bit pricey ... about $ 150.00 the last I heard, but it is fairly straight forward to get a new title. Then easy to transfer to your state.

Parts aren't hard to find... especially since it seems to be pieced together already. It is harder to find original parts, but there is always something that will work, or can be modded, to work. I'm having no trouble keeping my 1947 on the rubber, just not necessarily with 1947 parts!

A $thou is not a huge bargain if it needs a lot of work, has cancer, or doesn't run.
Often hidden heeps can be gotten for $300-400 needing work, often lots of it, as this one may. Only you know what you're willing to put into it, though. Asking us won't help much.
Pantheus is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-13-2007, 08:12 PM   #5
Mr.Crowley
1980 CJ7 

well the price is 600,but may be able to swing a trade...Ill put it to you this way,the body and frame are in better shape than my 80cj7 that I drive every day pretty much..The owner did tell me about broadway title..he has used it in the past,up till about 2 years ago when nj pretty much did away with that ''system'' of titleing cars...But he had told me if I happen to know someone in another state,They could ''sell'' it to me,after the title is made up..

Unread 01-22-2007, 06:56 PM   #6
high51977

I would love to get my hands on another flattie,I had one a few years back and still kick myself for selling it. check with your dmv about purchasing a vehicle from a state that doesn't require title. if all they need is a bill of sale and an address I would be happy to help you out (Maine doesn't require title over 15 years old)
high51977 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-22-2007, 08:09 PM   #7
Mr.Crowley
1980 CJ7 

Thanks for the offer..Honestly I have been dragging my feet on it..Maybe tommorow I swing past there and snap some pics...

Unread 01-22-2007, 09:58 PM   #8
jason m
your ad here...

i titaled my 57 as a 76 cj-5, i mean how do the realy know, if they busted my balls i would of told them i took the body and did some mods, pulled the axles from the 57 because there stronger ( there not but how do they know ) and run the stock 4cyl because its better on gas. i have several stock titals from 46 thru 85, i keep them for the fact of what ever i build i will use one of them. i did the 57 and my did his 48, i am putting a 46 together as a stock driver and will use the stock 46 tags but the 63 i want to build ( some day ) i will use the 79 tags, jason.
jason m is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-22-2007, 10:19 PM   #9
ronprice

I had to title mine as the last one made in 1961 because it had never been titled so they just added it to the end of modle run. It is actualy somewhere beteew a 46 and 55 but had to be titled a 61. Here in Mi, no title is no problem.
PM if you get it and decide to sell or part

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.